LegacyGT.com

JB's Teardown and Rebuild

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure what the issues is but it will start and putter out after a couple seconds. Gonna talk to the tuner and do some research, might end up having to take it to a professional because everything seems to be correct, but im going to look at the ignition system in the manual and see if anythings incorrect. Sad day for this guy. Ive got good oil pressure and def getting gas. Will update when i have more news.

Can you load a basic base map for like stage 1 or some map you have used in the past that runs well.

As long as you don't hit boost the engine should be fine.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Im running 0 psi boost on my tune. Im working with the tuner right now, after unplugging the maf and letting it idle it ran much better, tuner wanted the wideband reading and im hoping its an injector issue where im pumping too much gas but we will see.

Been there, we flew a Tuner in from CO to start are race car, he finally got it going but a wiring issue kept it from reving over 4800rpm. That was at the Dyno we rented for the day...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

yea, this is my first motor swap, much less a fully built motor so i was half way expecting some problems but praying for the best. Gonna see if a new tune does anything, tuner thinks maf or injector scaling needs some adjusting, all hoses, plugs, and wiring LOOKS right, but ive been looking at this thing about 6-12 hours a day for the past 2 weeks so maybe a fresh set of eyes will see something.

Yah its pretty easy, you can use windows movie maker to trim and cut... if not... put them on youtube under private and send me the link, ill edit it up for you, heck even youtube can do editing right on the site i think

• 6 months later...

Archived