LegacyGT.com

Proper flip key interest?

BAC5.2

Interested in an assisted open/close key?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in an assisted open/close key?

• Yes! I've been waiting for this!
    • No, the All-in-one is fine

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ummm not to rain on anyone's parade but there has been a solution made to this interest. I have about 3 flip keys OEM look/feel that work with no problems. They fit my 09 FOB inside and then you place your Transponder chip in it and get the key cut. Very very simple. total cost was around $60

Do you have a link or any more info about this solution? Particularly for 05 style keys and fobs?

This won't work for the 08 key. Different shape of the remote piece. Looks like the Tribeca key I guess, someone posted a photo on pg.4 or so.

This project sounded like it would be a higher quality unit than the overseas items on Ebay.

This won't work for the 08 key. Different shape of the remote piece. Looks like the Tribeca key I guess, someone posted a photo on pg.4 or so.

This project sounded like it would be a higher quality unit than the overseas items on Ebay.

It will work, but you need to purchase and program the proper remote... I believe it's a 09 fob.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk

It will work, but you need to purchase and program the proper remote... I believe it's a 09 fob.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk

Of course it will work if I buy the 09 remote. :rolleyes: However I'm not looking to spend an extra $70.

Either way, I found a lead on NASIOC that may have something that's a direct drop in.

Of course it will work if I buy the 09 remote. :rolleyes: However I'm not looking to spend an extra $70.

Either way, I found a lead on NASIOC that may have something that's a direct drop in.

Share link? Cause I had my big 08 Key, if it flips I'd be more okay with it.

Your 08 has the bigger AIO key like on the Tribeca right?

Correct.

Received the shell yesterday, it's only for the 09+. Guy didn't do his homework and didn't understand the difference between 08 & 09 remotes. Seems like it might fit with some modification so I'm going to try going that route.

To clarify for you guys. I have a(n) 2005 legacy. I went out and got that key kit from both a member on here and that ebay link. Then I also purchased an 09 Key(used) on ebay for about $20 Took the FOB part out of it. Cut up my 05 key to get the immobilizer chip from it and put it all together. I think I spent about $60-80 to buy everything and have the key cut. Small price to pay but I don't have to carry around 2 pieces for my car. Plus I had an 08 AIO key and it does not work. It must be the HEX style key. Another reason I got it was because the AIO key kept jabbing me in the leg when I would walk. The flip key is worth it!

Just purchased three from this seller today for 25.50$. An absolutely great price, lets just hope everything is a perfect fit and I win!! He actually accepted my "best offer" within 5 minutes and I already have a tracking number, this seller is damn good!

• 2 weeks later...
No updates. I ultimately abandoned the project. Maybe if I ever get another Subaru, I'll reconsider.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived