LegacyGT.com

Just bought a 2009 GT Limited what can I do to it?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Catless will be louder, once tuned, you won't have a check engine light and the emissions will read passed through the computer, all you have to worry about is the visual inspection of your exhaust system. If your state uses a sniffer for exhaust during emissions then you're fucked, yes.

How do I do that? How hard is it to put in a FMIC?

It depends on which one you get. Mine is not very hard and can be done with common hand tool. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/racer-x-itsme-fmic-install-131072.html This thread has been around for over a year and you can see it has over 800 post and is still active. But, it depend on what are your plans are. If you are going to stay under 16-17 psi you may be OK with a stock TMIC. You can PM me or post if you have questions.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Will an auto tranny hold up with a FMIC? Or and intercoole upgrade? Am I going to blow I up?

What does a fmic have to do with the tranny? Doesnt matter how you get the power, its the way you use it. Dont launch it and brake-stand and you'll be fine. I have an avo tmic and i could break the tranny if i murder the car out from stoplight after stoplight. I'd say my whp/tq is about 280/300.

Just take the pics and post em up. Dont wanna mess with the SOAP IN THE INTERCOOLAH

Archived