LegacyGT.com

Just bought a 2009 GT Limited what can I do to it?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you would have taken everyone's advice back some 20+ pages ago, this would have never happened. I know it can sound mean, but learning how to search on this forum will be your biggest asset.....ESPECIALLY when you are working on a project, something unexpected happens and you need an immediate answer and don't have time to wait for responses.

You have said you do "searches" but 99% of your questions are the exact same questions everyone on here has wanted to know and has either started a thread or searched for old ones. So I know if you haven't found any info with regards to your questions, you haven't really searched.

The other benefit of searching (and when you click on a thread, actually read all of the pages in it....we don't put the cliff notes about each thread on the page....so this means you have to dig a little in each thread) is you might actually learn things you haven't even thought about yet. I know for me when I started off modded my leggy, I didn't know much. I made an intro thread, told people what I wanted to start doing to the car, people gave me advise, topics to search, places to go to research.....now my knowledge has increased vastly and I can do most anything on the this (provided I have the proper tools....which I don't because they are in Texas and I am in Massachusetts).

My whole point to this post is that every time someone tells you to search, you take offense and think people are being mean and unhelpful. As I said, learning to how to search will be your greatest asset. It's easy to do. Click the search button and you can search the forums (or google). Sometimes that doesn't yield the best results...in which case you can do to different areas (for example, you wanna know about transmission, click on the tranny section...wanna know about tuning, click on tuning) from there you can click the button "search forum". Then it will search the threads in that section. That can help limit your results.

If I were you, I would spend the next few weeks simply reading everything you can find on here. There is tons of great info on this site. Any basic mod questions have been answered millions of times and have people's feedback as well. Look into it. From there, figure out what you would like to do with your car and then do it. If at certain points, you need help of would like opinions, feel free to ask (so long as you actually did search and would dig into threads) and people will help you out.

The forum members on here are great! They are much better than other sites. If you've ever gone to honda forums or mitsu forums, the people there are incredibly immature. It's always, "dude, I raced this pos last night and just barely won....it was such a rush! Thanks to vin diesel, I live my mile a 1/4 mile at a time"...."Oh dude, you blow off valve is soooo coool. I want one. I bet it gives you 100 extra horse power....just like all those stickers on your car"...."Hey guys, lets all get together and heat our springs up so that we can have mad sick low riding suspensions":lol:

We are not like that here. Much more mature (for the most part), laid back and will tell it to you like it is...not because we can hide behind our computers, but because we be keepin' it realz!

Good luck!

IWSS!?!??!?!!? :eek: Is that REALLY YOU!??!!? :iam:

:lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Fred Beans Parts and SubiMods are some of the best vendors. I'd say tbe and intercooler are good for power, and suspension should be your 2nd acheivement... 09's are all clear of the bugs like the cat in the uppipe, suspension enhancements, and si drive

Water wetter is a redline product that claims to reduce engine temps.

If you have a working thermostat, this is pointless, as the cooling system will still keep your operating temp the same, regardless of the additive.

Blue antifreeze is just the color that Honda is using now.

And I'm glad you think this site is useless to you; we all think the reverse.

Archived