LegacyGT.com

Just bought a 2009 GT Limited what can I do to it?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I was watching a video from Cobb about accessport and it looks pretty sime to use. Does the accessport eliminate the need to go to a dyno/ tuner?

Is there anything difficult about the accessport?

Yes its a tuner in itself with premade maps. It'll get you by but open source protuning is the ultimate. I've had multiple open source road tunes and nothing beats real time viewing of how your car is responding. But if you dont have access to one then I guess an AP is how it'll be. It's super easy to use and very handy.

It saves your factory map previously to changing so you can always go back if needed. The search function will provide you with all the answers to questions. I'm not usually this friendly.

You have been very helpful. I wish I could say that about everyone on here. I have a better idea of what I want to get thanks to you guys. Sorry I ask so many questions but that's what I do.

This is not NASIOC you can ask question. That is what this site is for and some forgot how it was when they were new here. As long as don't ask about soap in the intercooler I'm cool.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Well generally, if you get a downpipe, you're gunna want a 3" catback as well. Having a dp with stock cbe is rather counter-productive to improving flow out of the turbo(as it starts to bottleneck at the joint of your stock cbe). If you can only do one right now, get a cbe.

Just save up so you can do a few things at once. Spend about $1000 for an AP and a good stage 1 tune. Then spend another ~$1200 to go stage 2. Just follow this map, to the T.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/unofficial-legacy-gt-stage-upgrade-definitions-48123.html?t=48123&highlight=unofficial+stage

But again, please search too.

Well generally, if you get a downpipe, you're gunna want a 3" catback as well. Having a dp with stock cbe is rather counter-productive to improving flow out of the turbo(as it starts to bottleneck at the joint of your stock cbe). If you can only do one right now, get a cbe.

I would disagree. Since '05 stage 2 was up and a downpipe. You don't need a cbe to go stage 2. Some say cbe don't add much and just make noise on a stock setup. An engine is just a big air pump. Air in and air out. Stage 2 makes about 260WHP with the stock TMIC and we found with a FMIC if makes @270 to 280whp. Stock cbe may cost you maybe 10whp. But with my 340whp pump gas to 370+whp e85 setup moves alot more air then a stage 2 so the stock CBE could be a bigger problem for me because how much my engine flows. To give you any example. Our MAFs max out at 5v and I can almost hit that with my old 20G. I have hit as high at 4.9v on my MAF and my mass air are 340+ g/s and stage 2 may hit 4v and only around 200 g/s . I may have to get a new intake for my new billet wheel 20G I had built. I move that much air with a shorty DP, hi-flow catt and 3 mufflers.

You can even go with a shorty DP(which keeps the last factory catt.) and still go stage 2. The stock DP and catt is the biggest restriction. Getting rid of the factory catt right next to the turbo helps spool and power.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

best advice, dont mod it. keep it stock and enjoy the esscence of the car. if ya gotta have the sound UP, DP,CB. headers only really good if youre going equal length in which case youll sacrifice alot of that rumble. keep it simple and if you have a laptop /obd cable talk to infamous1 about e tuning. my best advice. wish i never modded my car. a crack addictions cheaper than this shit!!! :D

best advice, dont mod it. keep it stock and enjoy the esscence of the car. if ya gotta have the sound UP, DP,CB. headers only really good if youre going equal length in which case youll sacrifice alot of that rumble. keep it simple and if you have a laptop /obd cable talk to infamous1 about e tuning. my best advice. wish i never modded my car. a crack addictions cheaper than this shit!!! :D

and you can die from both! when you reach 20psi and about to hit that pole

So i took the hella horns off my 02 and i want to put them on my new 09 but how in the world do you take the grille off? I have searched before i asked but i cant find a write up on how to do it. any help?

on the '09 isnt the grill part of the bumper skin?

on the '09 isnt the grill part of the bumper skin?

No it's removable. Undo the popits on the front, use a flathead and pop the top clips out, hold and pull the grille towards you- put your hand down there elbow deep with a stubby philipshead driver and unscrew 2 (or 4? Cant remember) on the bottom and 2, 1 on left and 1 on right, there's clips above those, hold them and pull. You can feel where the screws are if you dig your hand down there and fart around. The phillips head screws are unnecessary and I did not reinstall them, 4 popits and 2 clips are enough for a grille.

Archived