LegacyGT.com

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before you start spewing off false information, research helps. The oil pickups for the N/A are different part numbers. In fact there are also different part numbers for even the Legacy GT model. There are two part numbers under Subaru's parts catalog for the Legacy gt.

15049AA070

produced on Legacy GT's and STI's from 11/01/03 to 5/31/2005

And

15049AA110, for newer Legacy GT's and STI's

By all means keeps making a fool of yourself with your all knowing power. Look up your information before you start to speak, don't draw your hypothesis and skip the research to force your conclusion.

Oh dear, you seem to have fallen into your own trap. You need to look up the part numbers. You will find that they are the same oil pick ups on all Legacys from '03.

Check the actual list :rolleyes:

Oil strainer assembly-engine, 15049AA110 — Subaru parts catalog.pdf

You have yet to substantiate your claim that the OEM pick up tube is faulty, you made the claim, now you provide the proof.

Have there been 10 broken, 20, 100 ?

How many cars are still operating perfectly well with the original ? 10,000, 20,000, 100,000 ?

There are far more cases of the stock turbo failing than oil pick ups, does that mean everyone should change it out as a precaution ? And yes, a turbo failure will toast the whole engine most likely.

Don't be a sheep, think for yourself, don't believe the scare mongering on internet forums.

It seems to me that both the oil pickup and turbo should be replaced (well not replaced, but removed and quality aftermarket pieces substituted) in every Legacy GT, that is the only way to be safe.

There aer quite a lot of other parts that are known to be faulty or sub-standard, so pretty much the whole car needs to be replaced.

Funny PDF file, dont know where it came from. according to Fred bean subaru, those are the part numbers that exist for the Legacy GT. Only going by what I am told from a Subaru dealership with the parts list in front of them, not some tiny unfinished website with no credentials called http://opposedforces.com/

I mean hell, I can build a website up and have people believe its true. Lord knows there is enough of them around about 9/11 conspiracies and holocaust deniers.

I am done with this thread, I am logging off. To the person who wants 300hp DD, your best advice is to call a reputable shop and speak with them as they will have more knowledge to you matter. Infamous tuning has always given me GREAT advice. I would advise speaking with them.

Funny PDF file, dont know where it came from. according to Fred bean subaru, those are the part numbers that exist for the Legacy GT. Only going by what I am told from a Subaru dealership with the parts list in front of them, not some tiny unfinished website with no credentials called http://opposedforces.com/

I mean hell, I can build a website up and have people believe its true. Lord knows there is enough of them around about 9/11 conspiracies and holocaust deniers.

I am done with this thread, I am logging off. To the person who wants 300hp DD, your best advice is to call a reputable shop and speak with them as they will have more knowledge to you matter. Infamous tuning has always given me GREAT advice. I would advise speaking with them.

I'll take that as an admission of error ;)

Welcome to the site, and enjoy !

I have edited the original post so I hope we all can move on from that little spat. :spin:

To make this thread more on topic and so ignorant people like myself can learn. My question is, if your car is 300 wheel hp or above, specify how you did it, and the cost?

If your going to argue...show proof or back it up with logic. We are all grown ups.

Thanks guys!

yeah, you're gonna need to start over with a new thread

I guess you would probably need to check with Fred Beans first if you have any parts questions on a: Buick, Cadillac, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Kia, Hyundai, Jeep, Lincoln, Mercury, Mitsubishi, Nissan, RAM, Saab, Saturn, VW, or Subaru. Then, Fred Beans NAPA can offer you a cheaper third party alternative.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

To make this thread more on topic and so ignorant people like myself can learn. My question is, if your car is 300 wheel hp or above, specify how you did it, and the cost?

My car is 314 hp and 323 ft/lb.

HTA 68 turbo, racer x fmic, 840cc injectors, AVO 245 Liter/Hr fuel pump, Perrin BCS, AVO intake, Perrin BOV, Megan racing down pipe with Magnaflow racing cat welded in, Greedy EVO 2 exhaust, tuned by EFI logics. About 7000 dollars with install and tune.

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss93/Rob1218photo/untitled.jpg?t=1302124270

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/infamous1-mustang-dyno-results-148268.html?t=148268

I am scared to add it all up. First was the TDC Protune, BIG mistake. Then came P&L Protune, great guys and solid tune. A bad injector lead to a new tune now from Infamous. Strongest the car has ever been! I am sure I have well over the $7000 price tag. However, it is paid for and is the funnest car I have had.

My car is 314 hp and 323 ft/lb.

HTA 68 turbo, racer x fmic, 840cc injectors, AVO 245 Liter/Hr fuel pump, Perrin BCS, AVO intake, Perrin BOV, Megan racing down pipe with Magnaflow racing cat welded in, Greedy EVO 2 exhaust, tuned by EFI logics. About 7000 dollars with install and tune.

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss93/Rob1218photo/untitled.jpg?t=1302124270

What's crazy about this is that EFI's mustang dyno reads notoriously low in the new england area... Those numbers are BOMBBB!

awesome and thats an e tune?

Yes. The turbo spools like crap, always has and always will. It moves air really well though. I am probably going to throw some E85 at it to see if Shamar can get it to liven a little quicker.

Yes. The turbo spools like crap, always has and always will. It moves air really well though. I am probably going to throw some E85 at it to see if Shamar can get it to liven a little quicker.

Well, it seems like you are running 93 and the TD06 is spooling very late. I assume the newly introduced version in billet TD06 form wouldn't help much? Perhaps the billet TD05 would be a better compromise overall based on the graph you had.

how reliable would this be full turboback, racer x front mount with a vf39/43/48 on 91 with no fuel mods? about 280-300whp correct? reliable as in transmission, engine etc.

Its definetly possible, someone on here made 305 with a vf39 and stock fuel system. I only made 315 with injectors fuel rails pump and ewg. I think the only concern would be the pump or injectors crapping out because they will be pushed close to their limits, which could inturn put your engine at risk. Thats just my opinion

Archived