LegacyGT.com

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
uh, im currently at 300 whp and 347 at the flywheel.

so...whp at the flywheel. you obviously are very mixed up. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

whp= wheel horsepower = power at the wheels = not what your dyno chart shows

chp = crank horsepower = power at the crank or flywheel(last time i checked, the flywheel was bolted to the crank) = what your dyno chart shows.

all this = you do not make 300 whp on the stock turbo. PERIOD!

so 347 is what then? at the crank rite, the flywheel .? and 288 is what im putting down at the wheels? thats how it was explained to me . isnt that the point of going to an awd dyno so you can get your hp #'s? it can't tell with the cp hooked up to the rollers under all four wheels what you actual awhp is ??

so 347 is what then? at the crank rite, the flywheel .? and 288 is what im putting down at the wheels? thats how it was explained to me . isnt that the point of going to an awd dyno so you can get your hp #'s? it can't tell with the cp hooked up to the rollers under all four wheels what you actual awhp is ??

347 is your crank torque rating. most stage 2 vf40/46 cars make 300 crank hp/350 crank tq. who ever did your dyno gave you the corrected number for power/tq at the crank/flywheel. your whp/wtq numbers will be alot less.

You did make 288whp on that dyno. The problem is that your dyno numbers are inflated. If that is a Mustang dyno, like I think it is, whoever ran your car on that dyno inflated the numbers with a correction factor making it read higher. A lot of shops do this, some shops just don't mess with their dyno and it reads lower or higher than others. Simple as that, different dynos read differently but in this case, your Mustang dyno numbers seem to be way inflated. If you want a standard number to compare to others, get on a Dynojet.

What does a stock STi put down on that dyno?

i don't know i can find out. all i know is i would never purposely lie about my car . yeah i would round up and say 298 ,300,. but i thought thats what i was putting down. thank you to the people who actually helped me figure this out(white tiger,and bnguyenbb6) instead of trying to make me look bad. so, a dyno jet is where i have to go to get real accurate hp#'s and info?

So here is the low down I found out. R/T tuning adjusts their mustang dyno to match other dynos because mustang dynos are notoriously low. They have an error of 2-3% only. His dyno does show WHP, R/T wont show crank HP UNLESS requested by the user. 19psi 288whp with a 2-3% in HP error is possible but pushing the limits of your vf40 and will end in an early grave for the vf40.

I dont think your daily tune at 15psi is close to 300hp. figure roughly 10hp per psi puts you at 268hp. More feasible with a good tune and DD boost settings with higher timing.

Bottom line, its not a 300hp DD setup you have....

so guitar72186 would i gain anything if i go to a dynojet next time? and yeah guess i thought i was alot closer to 300awhp than i really am...that sucks

as far as the turbo i am hoping for an early grave for it cause as soon as it goes im goin to prob get a bnr hta/68 that and bigger injectors. then i'd say it's either the tranny that will go next or a piston from what i've been reading. again my bad this was my first dyno exp. and i thought i had 298...288.. whatever so what is my real awhp#??

No R/T has their mustang dyno withing 2-3% of a dynojet now, but at the time of tuning it could have been more or less. The HTA68 was the turbo I was going to go with, but when I checked last week JSC Speed stopped carrying that turbo. It was a great buy at around $750 new with my wholesale cost. So I decided to go with the 40BB for now. The tranny will probably go first, the engines seem to be hit or miss. They have been said to handle 450hp max with stock internals. Others have had bad luck at 300. It seems to be hit or miss like the oil line filter clogging or the oil pickup. Im at 135,000 miles and have never had issues with either and a compression test yielded my motor in great shape.

Pushing the limits you are probably close to 288, but not with the DD tune you stated you are driving now. If you want to blow your turbo then run the 19psi setting until it goes.

so guitar72186 would i gain anything if i go to a dynojet next time? and yeah guess i thought i was alot closer to 300awhp than i really am...that sucks

as far as the turbo i am hoping for an early grave for it cause as soon as it goes im goin to prob get a bnr hta/68 that and bigger injectors. then i'd say it's either the tranny that will go next or a piston from what i've been reading. again my bad this was my first dyno exp. and i thought i had 298...288.. whatever so what is my real awhp#??

Well I will be interested in seeing where I am at tomorrow....5EAT

06 WRX Engine....WRX IM

FP 68HTA

STI TMIC

ERZ Catted DP

750 DWs

Walbro 255

Perrin Intake

I would like it semi conservative....not trying to toast the transmission tomorrow. Anyone have thoughts on what I will be putting down.....Mustang dyno?

Scott G

[

No problem man, facts are the best thing to go by. As far as E85 goes, you need bigger injectors and a fuel pump. The advantage to E85 is that you can run ALOT more timing without detonation. Rumor has it that wawa is supposed to be getting E85 soon, hence my turbo choice. The quick spool of the 40BB with the ability to run timing higher with E85=great time.

thanks guitar.

and thanks for not being a dick.

mwiener, yeah im at sea level but i don't think there is any e85 close by.

i was told that you can't run e85 without changing stuff anyway?rite?

wawa really??!! i always avoid them cause they have lower octane #'s.

well i have the avo fuel pump, so all i would need is injectors?

and whats the massive failure (potentially)that you speak of? i really don't know what you talkin' about.?

Browse through these, the first should be given to you when you purchase a Subaru.

http://www.killerbmotorsport.com/index_files/OilPickupStory.htm

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1920420&highlight=killer+b

PhilT.....do you really not think it is a must....not being sarcastic, serious question. I only say it is based on price and catastrophic damage if it fails. These pickups do not slowly go out. Once it goes, it goes.

[

Archived