LegacyGT.com

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the OP's original power goals I can't fathom how in the world he could get there on a stock turbo with stock fueling. The OP has an 05 which has sidefeeds. There's no way on he's going to get the fueling on that stock setup, at least not on a mustang dyno. His goals are reasonable are don't necessarily require a 10k investment. My 07 has been Stage 2 for 60k miles (Has 106k miles on it now). I'm tuned at EFI for 280/300 which is a bit conservative since I still have the stock clutch. Everyone knows the EFI Dyno is a heartbreaker so I'm thrilled with those numbers. My injectors are top feed and flow more than the 05's so I'm pretty sure I could get to 300 if my clutch would hold it. The torque curve is great for a DD.

My setup is:

VF52, Perrin HF catted DP, Stock Up (no cat in 07's), perrin turboback, grimmspeed ebcs and Perrin TMIC. Everything was bought used except for the VF52. I do have suspension upgrades and mounts and such but those are the power upgrades.

EL Headers would definitely bump the torque (EFI tuned a VF40 with stock fueling, Invida EL Header and Invidia Turboback) to over 320wtq but the WHP is around 260whp if I recall correctly.

Again without having all the goals other than power it's hard to say what's the best setup. Are you autocrossing, HPDE, just want power, DD? My best advice is decide on what your ultimate goal is and build it right.

well this was just one of the maps i got printed that day, and i can't find the other ones.....ugh!

i currently have two maps set on my ap that i use one for dd at 15psi and one more gnarly at 19psi. i mean 298 is close enough to 300 in my book. but he did say thats it untill i get bigger turbo and injectors .

like i said andy at r/t tuning is the man and he could do the same for you on stock turbo with same mods. honestly i rarely run the 19 psi map cause the damn thing is fast enough with just 15psi for most of the time.(dd)

Well I appreciate everyones input I will consider it all. So step 1 is a catted DP. Step 2 s bnr 16g upgraded turbo because I have a vf40 laying around with 17k miles. Step 3 safe supporting mods for the turbo. As far as suspension goes I have a few mods I just don't feel like listing them. The car is on its second clutch and most likely will be replaced at 130kish. Thanks everyone. Opinions can keep coming seems like a very opinionated topic.

OP. Where are you at in the burgh? I'm near downtown and you are welcome to take a ride in my car. Stg2 w/ fmic infamous tune.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

super stealth & cheapest way to stage 3 (close to 300whp):

gutted DP: free

gutted UP: free

stock CBE: free

OEM fuel: free

used Perrin TMIC: $500

BNR 16g: $825 new including price of core

Stage 3 Infamous tune: $175

vag-com cable: $25

Total- $1525

If you can afford it, adding these would make your stg 3 better:

Add a 3" CNT Catted DP- $300 ($250 on sale now from infamous performance)

3" CBE of your choice- $300-750 (used or new)

Stock clutch could work for a while, so you don't have to replace it right away. Eventually you'll need a new one, lot of people like ACT clutches, I'm very happy with my clutchmasters FX300. These are on sale right now too if you want to pick it up and save it for later.

OP. Where are you at in the burgh? I'm near downtown and you are welcome to take a ride in my car. Stg2 w/ fmic infamous tune.

I live north in new castle, work in cranberry. I def want an infamous tune I am new to this I really don't know how it works.

Oh yeah, keep in mind. You'll actually get more power with tires and springs.

That's covered along with rear shifter bushings, group n granny mount whitelinefp fsb and endlinks, jdm rsb ah and im probably forgetting things...

Search Infamous1. Tunes are simple - he'll send you a map based on your setup - you load it using a Laptop and a VAG-COM cable. You log it and he sends you revisions. Unless you're close enough for a road tune but that's how his remote tuning works. He can also send maps for and Accessport if you like.

So which do you have rapture, 300hp, 298hp, or 288hp. I see many different posts from you claiming numers and a dyno stating 288hp. Even at 288 it is still impressive on a stock turbo. cant wait to see what andy can do with my legacy next week with the 40BB, FMIC, 255 fuel pump, intake, and 740cc injectors.

really, yeah .....we are talking about 12 horse power,and 347 at the crank.soo, what??!! you think you could tell the diff in 12 hp when you drive? uh i had more than one dyno pull and i cant find my other sheets. so maybe i made a mistake and it was 288 not 298.? big deal dude.yeah im sure he can do alot with it. he seems to be the tune guy for our area. when i was there he gave me more than one map to run this one was prob. the 15psi one, i also have a 19 psi one saved on the a.p. and thats prob. the 298 one. he set me up so i didn't just blow out my turbo a week after i left there.so i still stand firm on my position....you don't need 5-10 g's to make 300awhp. i sure didn't and i bought all my parts brand new. and im pretty sure that the stock internals can handle my hp for now. of course once i go bigger turbo and injectors that might change .i'll post up my new dyno #s. when thats happened.

hey im not mad at all. it is annoying tho how people like to act on these forums.

see , la lgt , im not into passive aggressive shit talking on the internet. do you really have nothing better to do than try and make me look some type of way? by posting up comments either trying to make me out to be a liar or look stupid? what you should be worried about is all the radiation you've been exposed to out there on the "fresh" coast. pretty sure my plans to visit cali. are being postponed !

Archived