LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am working on Wed nights again, so I usually cant go. Ill probably try and go some when the weather gets warm again. If I am not working of course.

Merc, the stock exhaust is working out good, I miss my Stromung already though, it may be going back on soon..

Edited by what?

I am working on Wed nights again, so I usually cant go. Ill probably try and go some when the weather gets warm again. If I am not working of course.

Merc, the stock exhaust is working out good, I miss my Stromung already though, it may be going back on soon..

I'm done with the quads I want a different setup now as well. Already 2.5 to the tips I just might swap the tips and mufflers and call it a day. I also might knock off a resonator as well. I never got my ohio tags anyways.

From videos I have heard of the SPT exhaust, it sounds really good, but its also like over $1000 I think? Or close to that. My Stromung sounds good, but its pretty loud outside the car. I think you have heard it. Depends too if I run a resonator, the resonator quiets it down some.

I'm done with the quads I want a different setup now as well. Already 2.5 to the tips I just might swap the tips and mufflers and call it a day. I also might knock off a resonator as well. I never got my ohio tags anyways.

I'm still looking for someone to graft on a set of cans to my stock exhaust -- at something less than the $600+ that the likes of AVO want -- just for mufflers.

If anyone knows of anyone... :-)

I tried contacting the three people suggested on Forced4s, but none of them ever answered my requests for more info.

[shrug]

You really either have to find a good muffler shop, or someone that can weld. If I could weld, id do it. But I have never used any muffler shops around here, so I have no idea if theres any with guys that are worth a crap that can fab stuff or not. There has to be one somewhere. I fabricate stuff pretty often, but just cant weld.

my stuff was done @ mufflers for less off pearl road. If it falls apart from "cleveland winters" they warranty it. Cutting and replacing that Y back with custom pieces I got from a member here and one of their bullet resonators it was under $300 iirc. I have to find the receipt. They are skeptical about mufflers in the tunnel if that helps any.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYIKRS9EQPQ]YouTube- IMG 0896[/ame]

From videos I have heard of the SPT exhaust, it sounds really good, but its also like over $1000 I think? Or close to that. My Stromung sounds good, but its pretty loud outside the car. I think you have heard it. Depends too if I run a resonator, the resonator quiets it down some.

The SPT should be way less than that if you can buy used, for either version.

But yes, retail pricing is around $1K - although a discount from our Vendors (or from local dealerships that participate with Forced4s' club discount) should at least take care of tax or shipping.

But it is pricey...then again, it's definitely 304-stainless.

----

Merc6 - That looks *great*! Hopefully, I'll be able to hear how it sounds, live, one of these days!

----

I'm still looking for someone to graft on a set of cans to my stock exhaust -- at something less than the $600+ that the likes of AVO want -- just for mufflers.

If anyone knows of anyone... :-)

The JDM-aftermarket canisters are all really, really costly - a close look at them will tell you why, though, as their quality is just uber-impressive. :eek: The Blitz Nur-Spec Touring canisters that I've got on Winky right now goes for around $800, and if you've seen them up-close or have seen how easily they clean off at my usual post-winter wash (I honestly rarely wash the car during the winter months :redface: ...it's part of the reason why I don't think I will go with the StopTech 2-piece BBK, as the galvanic corrosion is gonna kill the hat/disc) it's easy to see why it friggin' costs so much. The old saying of "you get what you pay for" really does apply (the 304-stainless Y that I have, from Lachute, for example, also was just a great piece, super-clean welds and really, really lightweight - which also explain why the weld sheared-off when I backed a can over a curb, last year :redface:).

But honestly, I think that going that route, what with so many awesome choices available on-market today, becomes one of wanting to pursue JDM-parts or to pursue a specific aesthetic (including sound), rather than being truly practical. The Magnaflow piece, for example, as well as the Borla, are just two great examples of practicality/price - and pushing into Perrins and SPT, if a higher price-mark is set.

[ Note that I left out the Invidias that's currently sitting in my garage - I did so because although priced right, I honestly don't know how they'll fare, in terms of durability, yet. ]

I tried contacting the three people suggested on Forced4s, but none of them ever answered my requests for more info.

[shrug]

^ You mean to weld? or to get take-off parts? I think that Merc, what?, berkshire, and myself are the only four LGTs there...so take-off parts are going to be rather rare. :( But in terms of welding, I'm truly surprised that no-one wrote you back. :confused: It's possible that the fault could be blamed on their PM system, though. It wasn't until several weeks into the process that one of the Mods/Admins realized that his PMs, regarding my hoodie, hadn't gotten to me. Did you try a public post there?

LERSOC is back, and Storm and some of the other old-hats there have managed to rent a garage space and supply it with tools and other goodies, to help with member-installs and mechanical repairs. I believe that their rates are *VERY* reasonable, and they're definitely worth checking out.

I don't know if BigMike is able to tackle such work, though - despite having a full shop's resources at hand and more technical knowledge than one can shake a fist at, I'm not sure that he's a cut-and-weld type of guy...rather more a tear-down-your-engine and put-in-your-clutch type, instead, but he's definitely also worth a try.

Alternatively, there's two endorsements for the same shop, above! I have no experience with them, but if two of our brothers are saying it's a go-to place, then it can't be bad! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

The rest of the F4 subaru bunch hang out @ nasioc and their site since they are mostly WRX with a few STi sprinkled in. These are the key players but it is not limited to subarus anymore. A Skittle SRT-4 and a GTI are also on the mod board. Was your issue just signing on or locating us? As for the group i'm the only "Active F4" person for 90% of the meets. Next up would be one bad bg. There is a 07 black LGT that pops in and out rather quickly when we were @ QS&L in valley view. When it comes down to a legacy exclusive meet I have yet to see one outside the D.C. or NJ regional area. We should try for one in a location reasonable for all. Clearly there is more than 4 people in this thread.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/LGT/IMG_0241.jpg

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Have you actually heard it, or are you just being an ass?

He was my navi for the akron road rally which is scheduled again for end of this month. He heard idle and 1st thru third runs. I actually wanted to get current under load video of the exhaust but that didn't go as planned. Here are 2 iPhone vids till I can get a real vid. As of right now I am not working wed night.

Resonator and the 2 cans you see in that last video 2.5 back

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU3Xmrjux5g]YouTube- IMG 08691[/ame]

Idle after an additional resonator added to "make it Ch-Uh friendly" in the morning cold starts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juc7RHCrlyM]YouTube- IMG 1027[/ame]

Idle after an additional resonator added to "make it Ch-Uh friendly" in the morning cold starts.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ Sounds just fine to me. :) I think you'll be plenty fine with respect to Cleveland Heights and University Heights, where enforcers typically give us "family cars" a blind eye. :)

I'm still out of town tags. I cleared it up for 2 more years.

i had a lyndale cop back up at a red light 3 times in a row today just to check the date on my temp tag for "new" car. as if he thought it was gonna change or something. god i hate lyndale cops

^ Yep, that's a bad city, for enforcement. :(

I'm still out of town tags. I cleared it up for 2 more years.

^ Ah, no wonder you get teh evil eye, then! :lol:

^ Ah, no wonder you get teh evil eye, then! :lol:

Yeah and to add to the sting, if you run the tags it comes back to the address here. Win/win sorta. Clearly a university heights cop got pissed off and made up a imaginary$20 parking ticket when I was parked in my friends driveway.