LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes I will be there. If you don't see any cars that appear to be modded before I get there, just go in. 90% of them are in winter beaters. Most have the F4 clothing on and sit towards the back right corner of the bar pas the DJ booth.

i was actually gonna come out tonight and show off my new rusted out 240sx, but im prolly gonna hafta plow tonight, so im goin to bed at like 8

Yep you have extra money in your pocket. it is sticking to the ground.

hey merc, how was the rally? did you drive or navi?
navi #2 and we got the 4 way 1st place in mileage. I love how I was able to skip ahead to the next 3 turns on my iPhone when I had a signal. This one was twice as long, had more snow, and tons of shortcuts. All the shortcuts would have d qual'd us cause each opportunity would have cut 3 miles and 46 mins from the target miles/time. There wasn't enough wheel spin or getting lost to justify them unless you ended up in Columbus or Cleveland. They are going to do a few summer drives and maybe another gumball in may.

i doubt youre gonna find anyone around here that can properly tune a subie. some locals i know that are in nasioc had to do a group buy and fly some dude out here to tune all their cars at once for it to be a good deal. they had like 10 of em. and before they resorted to that, they search all over ohio for a good subie tuner and came up with nothing

most likely, unless youve got a few g's just laying around. in that case i could prolly track down the guy they flew here. or you can organize about 10 subies like the guys in brunswick did on nasioc and then it would only be.......i think he said 350 a person. according to my buddy that organized it, the guy they flew here is like a subie tuning god.

ya if it was just you, but since they had 10 people, it was cheaper to fly him here. ummmm i dont remember where he was from, but if youre ever in brunswick and tou see a black sti, no trunk spoiler, fmic, black stock wheels, and pink lugs. wave him down cause hes the one that organized it last year. ill be seeing him when its done snowing so if i talk to him before you see him. ill ask for you. or if you want just do some searching on nasioc for him.

chicago iirc but I travel to the east coast enough to warrant another dps(*what I have now) or ams opensource tune. If you have a good etuner (for the time being) they can beta tune, datalog, real tune you via email tag for somewhat better gains than the cookie cutter e tunes. Expect a few weeks between tunes if they are the "bruce all mighty" in tunes for the subi community.

music, your best bet for getting the low-down on who's tuning what in the local area would be to register both on LERSOC as well as on Forced4s, and then actively and aggressively seek out not only the all-important opinion about who/what shop and what tools (i.e. interface) they use, but also to mount an attempt at getting a group of people together to lock in a "tune day."

My information is outdated, but to be complete - back in '05-'07, LERSOC used to host such tune-dates at David Buschur's place, flying in popular tuners: most notably Tim Bailey, now of Cobb/Surgeline (then PDXTuning) for ECUTeK/UTEK/AccessPORT dyno-tunes (Buschur's dyno is a pure heartbreaker, but he's set it up to be an awesome tuning tool: avoid it like the plague if you're a dyno queen and just want good numbers, but if you want a good dyno tune, he's got it dialed-in). Although many signed-up, the actual present-and-accounted-for rate for people showing up was poor (this was not a fault of us locals, who were vigilant about keeping our word and not making LERSOC look bad, but mostly due to outsiders), and thus, it became financially non-viable for tuners to come out. At the same time, David Buschur's shop came under increasing scrutiny from his local neighbors, who complained about the noise from tune-dates going on from early, early morning to late into the night; with revised hours, it became even more limiting for both the tuners as well as the shop to rent out the dyno time. :(

I'm currently not sure as to what's going on, locally. I know that there have been mentions of several area (i.e. Toledo, Columbus, etc.) tuners/shops on Forced4s, but I don't know that anyone's approached them, yet, on a true group-oriented basis. Similarly, I do not know which one supports OpenSource tuning.

Sorry to be of little help, but I figured you could use the history.

Best of luck! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

hey music, i just remembered. buscher racing used to have a really good subie tuner. not sure if he still works there but you could call and find out out. i think they just do dsm now but it cant hurt to call.

and just out of curiosity, what does your name mean. do you listen to emo music;)