LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I barely see any kind of legacy till I get closer to shaker. Yet to see a sti either. In va I couldn't get 2 blocks w/o getting a subi wave from a sti or lgt. I couldn't get 2 blocks w/o a integra downshifting on me neither. SO where are the hot spots for parts decent dealers and opensource tuners? Edited by Merc6

^ No OpenSource that I know of. You'll want to check on Forced4s.com , though, as the guys there might have more leads.

As for parts, if you're talking about dealerships, there's 3 in the area (depending on how far you're willing to drive), but in terms of Subaru-oriented "speed-shops," there really is none to be had. Summit Racing covers the more general stuff, but is decidedly catered towards the traditional musclecar crowd.

The Forced4s crew has a routine Thursday night meet at Quaker Steak & Lube, in Valley View. :)

Where are you in Cleveland, now?

Indeed, in the East-Side, sightings are more rare. Just look at my efforts. :redface::lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

In CH-UH area. my car was last opensourced by a shop that catered to sti/evo croud in va but now need a better tune. Had bad luck with a previous tuner here and abandoned ap route. Just joined the forced4s site.

^ Gotcha. Hopefully, the Forced4s guys will be able to point you in the right direction. I know what you mean about bad-luck with tuners...my first go at it wasn't great, either ( although I now couldn't be happier, with PDXTuning/Tim Bailey :) ).

Hey, maybe we'll see each other around!

I work at CWRU, and my wife works at UH. I'm one of the few ABP 2.5GTs around, but my wife's color of WRX ('05, also) is a dollar a pop, around here.

Wave if you see hi! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Worse case I go back to my tuner in md. 1st one I ran with was e tune 13.9 @19.5 psi with randon 9k rev limiter and tune now is 13.5 @15 psi. Will try and break free to one or many meets, now geting a job is 1st priority.

^ Best of luck on the job search!

What are you looking for, job-wise?

hey tsi.. did you get much more power after having Tim tune it? or was he able to get much more out of it, did you have it done at Buschurs?

Yes, Tim got me a bunch of low-end as well as area-under-the-curve (max torque also took a huge jump), but that's because (1) there were not-unsubstantial piping-changes since last tune (manifold/X-pipe and cat-back) and also because (2) Tim actually tunes the whole range, unlike "Big Al" of DynoFlash, which just tunes WOT.

To me, the two tunes cannot be fairly compared, due to these factors.

I was just wondering because I have been wanting to get my car tuned for quite a while now but just havent justified the money to have it tuned. I think its like $400-500?? I have like all the Stage 2 parts but am just running the Cobb 93 octane tune which isnt really tuned for an intake, headers, up, down, TMIC, and full exhaust. So I am pretty sure a tuner could definitely get a good bit more out of my car.

Saw one last night when I was dropping my cousin off at his apartment. The guy just stood there staring at my car as I passed him. Once I parked I realized he had a 2006 Legacy non-turbo. We talked for a bit and I showed him where my cousin lived in case he ever needed any help with his Subbie...It was a rather touching experience... :'( I'm kind of disappointed though because ever since I bought my LGT in August I have been seeing more and more of my car. I was the only one in Toledo now there are quite a few. I like having a rare car unlike the Honda Accord and the Toyota Camry...

i emailed Buscher last Summer and they told be they like to try and get Tim to come once or twice a year. im running a TDC Stage 1 91 map, but i have a UP and DP for Stg2. i hope they have a tune day this Summer, im only about 45 minutes away and i would trust tim from what ive read here!

what? and westy66 - Join Forced4s.com .....

LERSOC is still in the process of regrouping, but in the meantime, Forced4s now has a good following of Scooby owners, too.

I'm currently not sure what's going on with Buschur's, regarding Subarus. The way he was treated on NASIOC may have left a sour taste in David's mouth, to say the least (and I don't blame him one bit), and I know that every time Tim/David played host to the LERSOC tuning days, they ended up either losing money or were shut-down by the local constables due to residential-area noise concerns. I'm currently not sure that they're doing any Subaru tuning out there, any more.

:(

That's the way I feel, too. :(

I really like David Buschur - granted, he's super-focused, and when he's setting-up for the dyno day, he'll ignore everyone and anyone, but after that initial rush ( or maybe he's just not a morning-person, I can relate, re: wifey :lol: ), all that we - the two of us - did was shoot-the-sh1t about being a father to a little girl. He was totally down-to-earth. I'll take my car back to his shop, any day, and honestly, if his shop weren't so race-oriented (i.e. loud exhausts, etc. - sacrificing all else in the search for that one-tenths of a second), I'd likely have had him and his crew fab-up an exhaust for Winky.

And Tim I just got along with instantly. He's truly friendly and genuine, and I can't say enough positive things about his tune. Same for my past interactions with PDXTuning, whom I'll take my business to, any day, without reservations.

But business is business, and I totally understand that it became non-feasible for them to do what they do, based on such limitations.

Tim bailey is no longer with PDX tuning.. About a year ago he branched off onto his own gig.. Surgeline tuning, IIRC. If I am wrong, correct me.

All I can say is, tim throws down a damn good tune, it was a fun ride home last year. Losing traction in 3rd gear... If you have the rare opportunity to get tuned by Tim. Do it!!

All those Cobb maps are good but tim leans them out and they get so much power.

As a person, tim was very patient, kind, and willing to help.. I hope he is still around when I need a tune...

I'm typing from my phone otherwisei would attach a link for you guys, but somome please to a search for "tim bailey Buschur" and find the thread where he has that Ohio people need to go bug him and get him to come out here..

If I knew he was coming back, it would intice me for more mods and a new tune. His tune has worked great on my car for 11 months... Best mod money ever spent!!

Hope my mini-review helps someone decide.

And just for triple post whoring action... Because I can't edit and copy and paste into one post....

Open source tuners..... There is "pure tuning" in Toledo.. I talked to the guy up there, he seemed knowledgable but I wanted to be able to switch maps. And the cost for open Eco tune was going to double my bailey protune.... Tim also wrote me 3 maps.. Wastegate/no boost (valet mode). 15psi and 19psi.

Tim bailey is no longer with PDX tuning.. About a year ago he branched off onto his own gig.. Surgeline tuning, IIRC. If I am wrong, correct me.

I remain not totally crystal-clear on the entire Cobb/Surgeline/PDXTuning tie-in. :redface: This was what I read before:

I am still doing maps, and tuning. Cobb bought the shop, not Surgeline Tuning. Tim is simply managing the facility for Cobb, and for some reason Cobb chose to run it under Tim's company name. On record it is Cobb Tuning DBA Surgeline Tuning.

I guess what matters to me is that it's Bailey. :)

If I knew he was coming back, it would intice me for more mods and a new tune. His tune has worked great on my car for 11 months... Best mod money ever spent!!

^ +1.

After frying "a few" pcms out of state in the process of trying to go from a ****y map to a even *****ier map I gave up on tat tuner and ditched my locked apv1 for open source. Yes getting my 5eat car in the 13.5 situations makes it not a "cleveland heights" friendly tune. That avo 15 lb actuator was no joke after adjusting and tuning it just right to get it not to overboost. Was the shops on road realtime tune or just on a dyno tune?

^ My was dyno-tune, both times.

Yes, a 13.5 5EAT is definitely -NOT- "Cleveland Heights Friendly." :lol:

At least with the 5MT, I can just chuck her in second, and let engine-braking do all the work. :lol:

I work at CWRU, and my wife works at UH. I'm one of the few ABP 2.5GTs around, but my wife's color of WRX ('05, also) is a dollar a pop, around here.

Wave if you see hi! :)

I've been doing contract work at UH for the past 8 months. I'm there usually once a week; I park in the Cornell Garage.

I see a white STi parked in there almost every time I'm there, but so far I have the only LGT I've seen in there.

Hi Andreu. :)

music - I don't know who that white STi belongs to....I actually don't think I've seen it!!!! :lol:

Unfortunately, our parking passes allow access only to specific garages (weekends and off-hours excepted), and neither the wife nor me are over at Cornell.

Edited by TSi+WRX

Do you guys recommend getting an etune above and beyond a base Cobb Stg II 93 octane? If so how do you get ahold of Tim?

Any tune you get from a "im in your face" tuner will be above and beyond a watered down tune safe for everyone so long as it's not my old e tuner. My better than cob etune had a member here not fully modified ripping thru 5 stock tmic cause they kept giving him a tmic tune when he never said he had one. My experience with them was running richer than cobb, higher boost than cobb and higher rpms than cob. "In your face" tailors to your car and only your car so you see and feel better results. Cost more but if you get a bad e tune you pay the same eventualy swaping parts from clasifeids.

Speaking of swaping where can I get the cheapest oem like front o2? saw one on ebay for $60