LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been a member for a while but never posted before. I was just wondering what events or gatherings there might be for LGT's here in NE Ohio. I live in the Canton/Akron area and have never seen another LGT since I bought mine a year ago. Are they that rare? Mine is a wagon and I don't really keep an eye out for sedans though, so maybe I'm missing all of them.

Welcome, Padermos ! :D

LGTs are rather rare, at least here in my MetroEast-suburbs of Cleveland. I've seen tons of naturally-aspirated 2.5s, but 3.0Rs and 2.5GT/Spec.Bs are outnumbered, I'd dare say, well over 15:1.

To the best of my knowledge, no-one has run a LGT-exclusive gathering (and I am not blaming anyone for this, for I, myself, have not had the time, either :redface: - I'm just stating this as a fact) for NE-Ohioans. Our more southern/central located brothers and sisters, however, have.

---

westy - Check on NASIOC, under the MidWest sections, there's a running thread. :) Although I occasionally scan the thread there, I have not really paid too much attention on GTGs, as, well, I currently, unfortunately, just don't have the ability to make any of them. :(

I'd try to cross-update, but I'm afraid that if my information isn't current, I may lead you astray.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Been a member for a while but never posted before. I was just wondering what events or gatherings there might be for LGT's here in NE Ohio. I live in the Canton/Akron area and have never seen another LGT since I bought mine a year ago. Are they that rare? Mine is a wagon and I don't really keep an eye out for sedans though, so maybe I'm missing all of them.

on a second note.... us impreza guys welcome you to come meet with us..

yesterday we had a tastefully modded LGT stop by and chit chat.

next thursday we may even have a Baja sport stop in.. usually there is 10-20 of us. trying to see more Subarus, get out here and join us....

NEW SIGHTING! -

Black '08 PEV 4-door sedan, w/factory wing. Still had temp tag. :)

Thursday, 10/16 - 8:15AM, South Eculid/Cleveland Heights

West-bound Cedar Rd., first sighted you between Washington and S.Taylor. We were both going west-bound.

I gave you a thumbs-up, when we were stopped next to each other (me in the outside lane) but wasn't sure if you'd caught it.

Just wanted to say "hi!" :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

NEW SIGHTING! -

Silver/gray OBXT, eastbound Cedar Rd., South Euclid - at approx. Green Rd., around 3:15 PM, Thursday, 10/23.

You were right behind me, and gave me a wave. I gave you a thumbs-up in-return.

:)

Just wanted to see if it's anyone here! :D

parking garage photo shoot anyone? ? ?

my wife is due with our first in 6 days. but i noticed Southwest hospital has a nice garage without gates or anything. and the hospital is never busy. right on Bagley Road of 71.

^ :eek:

Congrats! :D

No time for the shoot, I don't think, within the next 6, but I did want to drop congrats! :D

SIGHTING

i saw a black LGT wagon while i was at the Elyria Midwall Mall Firestone getting my snow tires mounted on Oct 30th. tinted windows, exhaust and a red BBK with sloted rotors!! you had a load of junk in the back too(WAGONS RULE!!)

you a member? i wanted to run outside and get your attention to see what BBK you had that fits under stock wheels. looked like Brembo, but how??

• 1 month later...

NEW SIGHTING -

12/3, Tuesday.

Approx. 7:50 AM.

CWRU Veale Lot (53).

Level 3, by the elevators on the Adelbert side.

Silver LGT ('05/6) sedan, appeared stock.

Anyone here? :)

I would've waved or rolled down the window and said hi, but I didn't see who was driving, as a whole bunch of people were close to the turn-area that I needed to negotiate, and I'd been paying more attention to them, for fear of running someone over. ;)

I was in the blue LGT sedan, with the exhaust and the "Baby In Car" sticker.

Edited by TSi+WRX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^ Hello, fellow Buckeye. :)

In-lieu of LERSOC, whose server was hacked and is now ( still :( ) under reconstruction, give http://www.forced4s.com a hit. It's a local (mainly Cleveland-metro) Scooby club, with weekly meets.

Question for any of you who are running Stage 2 and are subject to emissions testing. What set up are you running (what cats are you retaining if any) and were you able to pass emissions? I am getting ready to go stage 2 and want to pick the set up that will not cause me problems in the future for either maryland or ohio emissions. My initial thoughts are to get a shorty dp and retain my up pipe cat and my last cat. But If I could pass emissions, I would prefer to go with a full catless dp. Advise? Thanks in advance.

Just had my first E-Check this past Friday. :)

I think the guys were amused that I brought my 3-year old with me (who asked all sorts of questions about what was going on), and then again the fact that I came back, only minutes later, in my car, after first having Sara's WRX in for the check. :lol: I also think that they were surprised that Sara's WRX was not only stock, but also an automatic, and that my Legacy was obviously modified (particularly the interior gauges, which seemed to have really amused the tech checking my car), and stickshift to-boot.

Talk about backwards, right? ;)

Anyway, of-course, per Ohio, it's OBD-II plug-in only.

Needless to say, Sara's stock WRX passed, and with the ECUTeK suppressing the P0420 code on my Legacy (and with all engine monitors showing full-ready), it was a "PASSED" across the board. No flags, no nothing. No fuss, no muss.

They didn't even do a visual, despite the fact that the car's clearly modded - both inside and out. I found this quite strange, as they visual'ed the vehicle just prior to mine. And yes, my eyes were on-vehicle, both times (and no, they didn't visual my wife's WRX, either).

My car does retain the last factory cat. I've submitted my now-wife/then-girlfriend to many years of catless DSMs, and I wanted to keep this ride civil enough (OK, it was more like she demanded that I do :lol:).

I'd say that if you had an aftermarket DP with a cat further up than the factory position, such as the AVO, you should take the time to open your hood, to show them, physically, where the cat is - if they asked. Tell them that the old one disintegrated due to your tune, so you had to get new. More than likely, they won't even care.

If you have a resonator in your exhaust mid-pipe, before the Y, you can probably even convince them, rather easily, that's the cat. My old DSM passed the visual, with a test-pipe, which I said was a high-flow cat, with a wink to the tech, who was massively enjoying my modded DSM. ;)

The visual really depends on if the tech cares, as well as his/her knowledge level.

With the OBD-II, as long as you don't have an active CEL and your sensors show ready (I believe that you can have at least one, if not two, non-ready, and still pass), you're good-to-go. Any aftermarket engine-management, Cobb, ECUTeK, or open-source, should easily take care of that for you.

Edited by TSi+WRX

agreed... Ohio's emission testing is a joke. a lot has to do with the tech's ability (or lack therof) to do their job.

i used to drive an 02 WRX with a VF-30, a highly polished catless TBE and a UTEC to run it all. i would pull in to the testing facilities garage and the boxer rumble would be resonating off the walls and would be almost deafaning! :lol: one time a tech looked over to the guy working the computer and said, "Listen to this thing!!!" also the smell of my catless exhaust would have all of our eyes watering inside ;) in my 7 years of ownership, nobody EVER took the inspection mirror off the hook and with the OBD testing, i never failed.

i used a MIL Eliminator on the rear cat in my WRX

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/PEPMILELIM02.jpg

^ Damn, that worked for ya? :lol: I thought that their sensors would be able to pick up the MIL correction, off your OBD-II ? Sweet! :)

Honestly, though, I don't think that any of us, with our currently (and readily) available aftermarket engine-management resources, need to even worry about having to splice in one of those little gizmos. :)