LegacyGT.com

GI: New Quad Tip CBE for 05-09 from Infamous Performance

m sprank

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ya well i must have got it mixed up. its a very nice exhaust and im sad to say i cannot afford to make it on one of the group buys as of now. perhaps when i get my taxes back tho...man i wish i made more money or had the time too lol

Thanks for the vid Mark. That is istealfrombums 2008 Stage2 SpecB. CNT catted DP.

LALGT's 05 stage4 is next to it.

You can see the slight difference in tip fit on the different bumpers. 05-06 bumper is bigger (more bulbous). 07-09 is sleeker. Tips sit slightly recessed on 05-06. Sit slightly out on 07-09. Another compromise we had to make for model years. I have heard 05-06 owners complain the tips are too short and should be 1.5" longer. well not if I wanted it to look good on 05-09 too. It would have taken two different CBE's to make the tips fit the same on both cars.

I had to stop the madness at some point. We already went over budget as it is.

It's a shame, I really like the quality of Stromong exhausts, but I just don't think quad-tips match our bumpers well.. I wish it was possible to expand the cut out (without making it look like crappy) of our bumpers to better suit the wider quad-tips.. or Stromong make a muffler with single-tips

I bet using shorter than stock hangers (like the Rallitek ones) would pull the tips up a good bit.

That's not the issue for sedans. The issue is there isn't enough room to pull them up further on the inside of the bumper.

Wait until you see these on a wagon. The cut outs on a wagon are bigger and you can pull them up tighter. Another reason wagons rule! :lol:;):p

or Stromong make a muffler with single-tips

Thats called a Cobb. Stromung made the Cobb. It has single tips.

Rallitek are not smaller. Just a different shape. I used TS Poly U hangers on LALGT's car. Tips are just touching sides of cutouts. But no burn after 3 days of driving.

Wagon set up is a different fixture even. Wagon tips are pulled up a bit more by Stromung too. So wagon can tuck them up super tight.

I used TS Poly U hangers on LALGT's car. Tips are just touching sides of cutouts. But no burn after 3 days of driving.

^ Heya Mike, is that with extended highway driving, or only around-town?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived