LegacyGT.com

GI: New Quad Tip CBE for 05-09 from Infamous Performance

m sprank

I'm still saying if one of these people that owes whatever amount doesn't send you the money soon, then cancel their order. Refund whatever is left over and let someone like me step in and claim it. No reason for everyone to get screwed over this.

If that's an option PM me as well. I will take someone else's place that didn't or won't pay.. Good luck in either case man.

Not a bad idea, could be more hassle's for m sprank though. I'm sure at this point, he just wants everyone that committed along time ago, to pay up, so he can close this whole stinking mess out. I would seriously try to step in and pay for a Stromung someone isn't claiming/paying for. However, $1250 is steep jump over what others paid or a competitors exhaust is (you can find Magnaflow for $555.10 with free S&H right now). Here's what got me, the Stromung's I have heard sound great and the low production makes them a rarity. I have heard Cobb CBE was also Stomung, that will be easier and cheaper for me to probably find.

I would take a PM with a price to ponder (quickly) if he decides to go this route.

I sort of feel bad for him, that this GB stuff has cost him so much stress. I wanted to PM for a Tactrix cable vs. his AP price along with his adivce but the online store is closed (only selling to locals). I'm not in a rush, so I will wait this out or buy it direct.

Hang in there man, to most of us these cars are a hobby or just a commuter car. For you they are a way of life, I may be new here but I have seen enough post's to and from you. You will bounce back, the forum family will make sure of that.

How is infamous (Shamer?) doing after that track incident?

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There will be no more Group buys. Not on this CBE or anything else. Not for a while.

I am no longer offering online parts sales at this time.

PayPal, this GB and the other previous GB's have finally eaten up any savings, retirement, etc. I had. I am now borrowing money from family to put food on table. I tried to fight the loses for as long as I could. I can no longer help pay for everyones parts. I have massive bills to pay and no income.

Yes, the prices are low. So low it cost me the business.

Mike,

I hate to hear this man, let me know if you need help with reorganizing the business. You got my number man, I am still looking for a good excuse to use my econ degree i earned a million years ago. We'll think of ways to get you back on your feet again

I wouldn't count on it since its been discontinued

Oh, I know that but I am pretty sure they made and sold more units then this GB Stromung (keep wanting to call it Stromburg, that's a old carb). If it's SS and maybe from a dry area, it would be a good shape. Just a thought, will probably wind up with something else anyway.

If you signed the order sheet then you need to pay the man! :soap_box:

He provided a service to a niche group and those of you who have not payed yet are just validating the vendors that refuse to cater to our requests. We look like flakes and @ssholes when we turn out HUGE numbers of interested members putting our anonymous screen names on lists and then when the bill comes we run and hide. Pay your bills people or vendors and other members suffer for your lack of foresight and preparation.

All a potential vendor has to do is search for GB's and they will see threads like these where people did not pay for services rendered and they will run for the hills :spin:

Sorry you have to go through this Mike. Certainly not something a member/person of your caliber should have to deal with...

You arseholes who haven't paid are just like scammers but in reverse.

Mike is going down in flames here and you degenerates are just sitting there watching it go down.

Maybe Mike should post a list here who the offenders are so we of this forum know who we are dealing with when buying or selling.:eek:

This is bullshit that you guys are f***ing this guy over.:mad:

ps.I am in no way part of this group buy.These are just my personal opinions.

I see now why Stromung did not want to take payments direct and felt that the pricing was far too low.

I admit that my business experience is in a much different realm. Sales to large corporations with a Fortune 50 Company behind you is much different from small (online) business. There is a complete different mindset and attitude of customers.

I tried to appease the online masses and win some business. This worked fine for a while. But, I was unaware of (in hind sight I did not do my homework) some banking rules applied by PayPal to merchants who reach a certain level and have specific services.

Between taxes, losses on parts sales in an attempt to compete, HUGE losses on GB's (every single one has cost me money out of pocket and earned me little business after the fact), and then the PayPal debacle I am sunk.

I no longer have the capital to support 35% in upfront fees when mark-up is only 5-10% above cost. For every $10k in parts sold I have to front $3500. Then wait 90 days to get my $500-$1000 in pre-tax profit back.

I have enough in my reserve to wait the 90 days and pay everyone I owe money to back. But, at that point the business is closed and I am out about $30k that I invested out of my own pocket.

There in no loyalty online. All anyone cares about is buying at th lowest price possible. $2 means losing a sale, even if I spend hours answering questions and providing support. At least 25% of my PM's still start with "I bought xyz from abc and I am not sure how it fits/works/installs/is the right part for my car/etc." Funny how so many feel comfortable asking me for tech support and assistance, but wont buy from me because someone else was $4 cheaper.

In the corporate world we built relationships. If my price was higher, my customers still bought from me. Because it is ME. Because they know who I am and know what I will do for them. The trust and relationship were worth more than a few bucks. If things dont work out perfect do you want the cheapest guy in town to have your back, or the guy who has stood up for you every time?

For the record, since you started selling parts online I have only bought from you. Im sure there are several other members that are loyal to you as well. Unfortunately a small group of loyal customers won't support a business. I hope your local sales do well Mike, and I wish I lived in CA instead of PA so I could give you more of my business.

^True story

There are a few names I recognize as soon as I see the payment. But not as many as some would think.

At this point, more sales just hurts more. I dont have the cash flow to cover the reserve placed on sales by PayPal (30% and they have found every new account I opened and attached them all together). Mark up is only 5-10% above my cost to compete. Do not have the cash flow to front $10k or more per month and then wait 90 days to get it back and only make 5%. Because mark up is so little no bank will give a SBL. More I sell, more I have to front. Was able to keep it going for about 7 months. Now I am running like a chicken with its head cut off.

this shit is not right these individuals who screwed mike over are less then human they should NOT be making deals online when they should know that in the future they are not gonna have the funds for the rest of the deal!! just goes to show how untrustworthy people are.

Mike, I know we PMd a little back and forth at the early stages of the GB in regards to

getting something of this magnitude together. I am surprised that something like this, a

great opportunity for the community, to end with horrible results. I would have expected

this from say a Toyota or Honda forum. Trust me, I have seen things fail on those forums

for even cheaper parts. Had high hopes and quite surprised with the positive results

when the GB initially started.

Mike, you need to do what is best for you right now. Do not worry about the others.

Those that have received their product, I know they are satisfied with the end results.

You started this business to put food on the table, and seeing the aftermath of this, you

are not in the best of positions. If it means you dumping everything to cut loses, you

may be better off rather than making this a charity effort so people can save a few bucks.

How many non-payees and could you update the first list so we can see. I'm sure there are those in-line waiting to get these who would immediately step-in to pay the GB price for these remaining pieces - since as kongzilla mentions, deposits should be non-refundable.

I literally am in the prep stages of getting my existing exhaust off so everything will be ready to go for the buyer (who is patiently waiting as well) when this arrives.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Man, i've been seeing this thread getting a lot of action as it's always in the "Latest Posts" section but never cared to check until now.

This is some terrible BS going on here with m sprank. It couldn't have happened to a better guy and i'm pretty angered by the way things have turned out because of a few clowns on this forum. Ever since I joined this forum, if I wanted (and had the money) to buy something brand new, it was from m sprank. I participated in two of his group buys - one for a CNT DP and this Stromung exhaust. I came through to pay for about $1300 worth of parts and i'm an 18 year old part time worker. Is this so hard for other people when they had this much time to pay?

m sprank, I won't be buying anything until you're back up and running. I have what I NEED but there's still things I want and they can wait until I can give you more business.

Like kongzilla said, i'd bank now on the deposits that never followed through. They had MORE than enough time to pay.

Oh, I know that but I am pretty sure they made and sold more units then this GB Stromung

What gives you that idea? It sure sounded to me like Stromung wants nothing to do with the 4thG market

Man this is a shame. If i had the money I'd give it to you right now, even as a donation.

Mike isn't looking for handouts but the thought is lovely. He has already expressed sentiment that there are veterans, disabled, homeless and critically ill who need help. Make donations to charities. He wants people to PAY UP so he can close the GB and be done with the headache. I wish everyone had the same feelings about business that you do.

Personally I am greatful to Mike for all his hard work. I have many, many, many, many parts on my car from him. I have a car entirely built by him that I love. I've never loved a car before.

So is this second group buy done and over with and we should expect refunds in 90 days? I agree with non payees forfeiting there deposit and at this point would pay extra to still receive my product. I would also have no problem sending a cashiers check second day air to avoid paypal and its fees. I too have a buyer for my exhaust and would love to get this done.

What gives you that idea? It sure sounded to me like Stromung wants nothing to do with the 4thG market

For the record, I was referring to the former COBB CBE. With that known I would think that unless COBB only sold a couple as "prototypes" then a company of thier size would have sold more then 50+, Mike had made for this GB.

Could be totally wrong...what the heck do I know....I'm the stupid one here....

So is this second group buy done and over with and we should expect refunds in 90 days? I agree with non payees forfeiting there deposit and at this point would pay extra to still receive my product. I would also have no problem sending a cashiers check second day air to avoid paypal and its fees. I too have a buyer for my exhaust and would love to get this done.

Refund? No. I believe all the exhausts are going to be delivered.

Mike,

When I first signed up for this group buy I was talking to all my car buddies and saying what an awesome accomplishment it was that a vendor and enthusiat like yourself brought back a discontinued item from the dead. The subaru guys were especially jealous as they all know the Stromung name and were almost more excited than I was to hear one in person. Well here I am, months later still patiently waiting and they now all believe that this exhaust is a figment of my imagination. Ahab chasing a quad tipped white whale if you will. Yet I'll still come on here as part of my morning routine after checking emails at the office eagerly awaiting the post "Wagons are done! shipping today" or something to that effect. For the past few weeks however I have been disappointed by repeated posts desperately asking for final payments. This is my first group buy and likely my last seeing how little respect some members of this community have for such an outstanding merchant. A thousand dollar exhaust isn't the kind of purchase someone should be dragging their feet on. If you can't afford it, admit it and let someone who can step in. At this point with the damage being done to your business you have every right to stop playing Mr. Nice Guy and kick some ass. Might I suggest;

Step 1. Remove all names from the list except for those who have not made final payment.

Step 2. Inform them they have 48 hours to do so (you really informed the group payment was dues weeks ago)

Step 3. Re-open and sell the non-payers CBE's to other members.

After they're all sold, refunds etc. are your call. Depending on the amount and how long you've been jerked around on this, I might be temped to recoup some losses by keeping some...but I'm not a nice guy when it comes to B.S. ;)

I'd also like to state that I've made both payments within the same day of receivng your invoice. If there are any descrepencies please PM me and I will resolve them immediately.

Thank you and I will be awaiting the return of your internet sales to purchase my DP, AP, and springs.

-R

Archived