LegacyGT.com

GI: New Quad Tip CBE for 05-09 from Infamous Performance

m sprank

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I expect CBE's to start shipping the end of this month,with the final CBE's shipping towards end of February. Holidays slowed things down by a week or two.

ok cool, you said they were cranking them out i just didnt want to all the sudden be suprised with a "All 50 are ready to ship" like next week. :lol:

Stromung has 5 stations so they can only work so fast. They also have other orders (even larger than mine) so I am not first priority. I am second priority. But I have been speaking to them at least once a week. So, I know they are moving along.

I am having a Stromung custom built CBE made for my dads 2002 WRX. 3" flat flange, 3" piping with a flex section, to a dual tip muffler using double wall rolled tips, like the LGT quad tip will have.

They are also willing to make some 2 piece downpipes.

List updated in the Group Buy thread. 41 paid deposits so far (plus me so 42). Only 8 CBE's left. If the list goes past 50 buyers, I can have more made, but it will take a little longer for anything over 50 as that would be a third run.

2 piece. So the second section contains a cat or no cat. Old skool. Shorty downpipe. Back in the day many people used a shorty and connected to the OEM lower cat. I was thinking about increasing pipe size from 2.5 to 3" and losing the OEM lower section.

Some pix for reference

str1.jpg.7a8c9ce6d4a63058cbd2b93f1afd7253.jpg

str2.jpg.4380fc157d275e890b7714b028874b0b.jpg

str3.jpg.748b2f811f770de8c878eb3c91f70581.jpg

str4.jpg.d474993b99ddc5b5fc42d35f3b3ccd72.jpg

str5.jpg.c3e2acf2c364446a2a226c5c6954edc4.jpg

str6.jpg.5f36b5c1569fe3a8985d44e4025ae263.jpg

str8.jpg.1daae50e641369d675ee37ca490c8b45.jpg

str9.thumb.jpg.2108eb67e6aa200b5cde32be7f6836eb.jpg

Hey Mike, have you got any idea if their test-pipe section of their two-piece would fit the Crucial Shorty DP?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I haven't even taken delivery of my 05 lgt wagon 5mt and am about to pull the trigger on this...

I hate being a n00b to new car makes (been in the BMW scene for the last 4 years and VW for 10 years before that)

I honestly do not know. Stromung was unfamiliar with Crucial when I mentioned them.

Got it, thanks. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I haven't even taken delivery of my 05 lgt wagon 5mt and am about to pull the trigger on this...

I hate being a n00b to new car makes (been in the BMW scene for the last 4 years and VW for 10 years before that)

:lol: i was the same way when i got my LGT ~3yrs ago. Was a honda guy for 10+yrs, but there's a ton of info on this site, especially in the stickys in each subsection.

I believe all the pipes for round 1 are bent.

From what Stromung tells me they got ahead of themselves and bent all 20 sets as sedans.

They should be making cans now, or starting to make them.

Mike,

Just wondering if my fellow wagoner and I in the first round will have to wait til second round because of this, or will they be able to bang out the two wagon CBE's in time?

R

I got word last night that first round is coming to an end. CBE's should start shipping next week.

I do believe wagons got pushed. This was not my call. Probably a production time concern for Stromung. Not many wagons, and they actually get a different Y pipe and cans. So different piping bends and different cans to make.

I am calling Stromung today to verify what is finishing and when.

-Mike

I got word last night that first round is coming to an end. CBE's should start shipping next week.

I do believe wagons got pushed. This was not my call. Probably a production time concern for Stromung. Not many wagons, and they actually get a different Y pipe and cans. So different piping bends and different cans to make.

I am calling Stromung today to verify what is finishing and when.

-Mike

Any pics of the final product? Can't wait til the second batch gets built!

Wow a lot has happened over the last few months. I would be interested but I have already gone through two exhausts on my car due to sound. (Stock CBE + Prodrives and Perrin mid + Y and Prodrive cans. Now back to Perrin Mid + Y and stock cans) If anyone gets this installed in the NYC area and goes to any of the local Subbie meets plz PM me and LMK. I'd luv to hear it in person.

Went from stock TBE + Prodrive cans to Cobb HFC DP + Perrin Resonated Mid+Y + Prodrive cans - What's not to like about the Perrin M/Y + Prodrives - Love the sound. But, am anxiously awaiting the sound clips on this new non-resonated Stromung CBE, particularly for the wagonistas.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I almost asked the same question.

I am a nut for anything of quality, and with Mike running the show, and how much I like the quad tips, I knew I would really like it.

With funds being at an all time low I had to reevaluate my options so driving around for days on end with the radio off and sometimes the windows down, I fell in love with my Prodrives all over again. I guess I took them for granted before. They have an awesome note that's somewhat subdued. Very oem like until opened up but a distinct deep rumble. I'm glad I kept them.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Archived