LegacyGT.com

GI: New Quad Tip CBE for 05-09 from Infamous Performance

m sprank

Maybe you should take your Pro-drive love elsewhere. You seem to be eating pretty good.

I'm the one who has lost 60lbs in the last year. Not from trying either.

I have nothing good to say, I'm the one who got the short end of the deal, so I will say no more.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Went from stock TBE + Prodrive cans to Cobb HFC DP + Perrin Resonated Mid+Y + Prodrive cans - What's not to like about the Perrin M/Y + Prodrives - Love the sound. But, am anxiously awaiting the sound clips on this new non-resonated Stromung CBE, particularly for the wagonistas.

It's a little bit loud. Not that I don't like the sound itself. Prodrives are the best sounding muffler on the UEL Legacy's IMO but it was just too loud after I swapped out the stock Y and res. (I heard your soundclips, sounds awesome)

I just want to hear the new setup in person before I dump any more money into a new setup. The nice thing is that since it has no resonator adding one in should be an easy task if that evil had to be done to tame the drone beast.

You can pay more at any time. Trying to get an update from Stromung now.

For those still waiting to "hear one before deciding", you will most likely be looking for used. No plans to make this a "catalog" item. Too many choices to carry inventory. Unless there is enough interst to make another 20 (at say $1050 each) I dont think I will be doing it again.

You can pay more at any time. Trying to get an update from Stromung now.

For those still waiting to "hear one before deciding", you will most likely be looking for used. No plans to make this a "catalog" item. Too many choices to carry inventory. Unless there is enough interst to make another 20 (at say $1050 each) I dont think I will be doing it again.

That is exactly the plan or if someone backs out and you end up with a spare set. Sounds like an awesome project and kudos to you for putting it all together. Believe me, I feel for you when it comes to business ventures/projects that are cool things to do but are bound to lose money. Was involved in one to many of those myself but they were fun and wouldn't trade the experience for the $$$ back ever. :)

If there are any "spare sets" they wont be wagon. Wagon is specific piping and mufflers and tips.

The one "drop out" so far has been a sedan (it can be mine, notice I only held a place for myself, I planned on losing at least one). Have not made the wagon units yet and only a handful of those going into production. When I said "made to order", I meant it.

If there are any "spare sets" they wont be wagon. Wagon is specific piping and mufflers and tips.

The one "drop out" so far has been a sedan (it can be mine, notice I only held a place for myself, I planned on losing at least one). Have not made the wagon units yet and only a handful of those going into production. When I said "made to order", I meant it.

I hear you since the "wagonistas" are a rarer breed. Hopefully one of those sedan sets will make it to the NYC area soon enough. Best of luck with the venture.

Maybe you should take your Pro-drive love elsewhere. You seem to be eating pretty good.

I'm the one who has lost 60lbs in the last year. Not from trying either.

I have nothing good to say, I'm the one who got the short end of the deal, so I will say no more.

If this was directed at me, then I'm sorry to offend. Delete my posts if I did in any way. That was not my intention.

This CBE is full 304. US made steel. No importing.

202 is technically stainless. Not mild. But of such low quality that it is not used by many. Basically just used by Chinese manufacturing of low quality products. Cheapest stainless available.

X02/CXLighting/GMS (possibly) is 202.

321 is super expensive. Aircraft quality. A few high end headers use it. But, they also use super thin wall. So, its the right steel for the application, but due to expense, they tend to use too thin a tube. I would expect to pay $3000 for a set of 321 headers using good wall thickness.

This is what I get, for not being around here for a while. Oh man that's a nice exhaust! I prefer single-tip, don't like how the quad doesn't quite fit in the bumper. But.... Strömung's sound can't be beat. :)

Believe me, I will make the tips fit the cut outs :lol: A member here has a tucked Stromung, which he tucked by simply putting the hangers through the middle hole instead of the bottom hole of the OEM hangers. Looks really good.

Exactly what I was gonna say!

Mine will fit in the cutouts one way or another.

NOTICE!

Just got word from Stromung. CBE's start shipping today. I am waiting for my shipping manifest and tracking numbers now. All 20 will be shipped by Wed. They are already at the UPS shipping location.

I will have shipping costs today. So, invoices will be going out. Payment is due immediately.

Well, Stromung mis-qouted me cost on the CBE's. Figures. No wonder they did not want to participate in the financing part of things. I got an adjusted invoice via fax about 2 hours after getting shipping invoice.

Apparently they forgot the cost of hardware in my quote. Going to a 3" flat flange from a 2.5" donut flange meant adding a flat gasket and bolts as well as the flange. I just got hit for $30 more for each CBE.

What was a tight sale, just became a "Mike is losing money" event.

With that said. I posted a price and I stand by it. For the first 50 it is $875. If. BIG IF, I get more made price is going WAY up. Not only will I need to cover true cost of the CBE's, but now I need to make up about $1500.

If the cost of the 3" flat flange is only $30 just add that to my final bill. If it is going to be more, please PM me as I am happy to adjust cost with you on my exhaust.

These things happen in all industries and there is no need IMO for you to swallow the cost of a miss quote by a fabricator.

Unless of course you have a money tree in your back yard; in which case I'm coming down with a chain saw.

I agree - speed costs money. Add the $30 to my bill as well....

If the cost of the 3" flat flange is only $30 just add that to my final bill. If it is going to be more, please PM me as I am happy to adjust cost with you on my exhaust.

These things happen in all industries and there is no need IMO for you to swallow the cost of a miss quote by a fabricator.

Unless of course you have a money tree in your back yard; in which case I'm coming down with a chain saw.

Chainsaw?!?

I'll race you down but I'm coming with a backhoe and flatbed truck as I want that tree alive when I plant it in my backyard! :lol: :lol: ;)

Archived