LegacyGT.com

GI: New Quad Tip CBE for 05-09 from Infamous Performance

m sprank

When I first started mine up I thought it might be too loud, but not anymore. Love the sound with the EL headers and TS setup. Was revving it a bit in the parking garage today and loving the sexy echo of my exhaust. Thank you very much for running this GB and letting me be a part of it. Also, wanted to sell my car and get a STI but I cannot part with the exhaust more than the car.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm catted. I only hear the drone on decel (I always downshift to 3rd when I brake for stoplights), and 1st-3rd acceleration from stop lights.

Highway cruising is quiet, I can't hear it over level 6 radio and hwy winds. Turbo + CAI noise is louder than the exhaust.

Why get a resonator on it then?

Curious, has anyone tried putting a resonator on this CBE yet?

That would go great with a detune:p:p

Uh oh. If someone's already going to a resonator on this I hope it's not going to be too loud for me. :(

If you can hear it is it too loud? If so, you want a stock exhaust otherwise its brilliant IMO. Even hypercritical Mom's compliment the sound. :lol:

I think it sounds great. If ur catted it has a nice sound. Come on Mark it sounds sweet on the DS.

My 2cents

I can see how any exhaust can be percieved as having some drone but unlike drone this is toned purring, and its at the end of the spectrum you probaby dont normally hear in your car unless you have a nice sub. It does not wash out conversation or music.

My GMS/CXL washed out parts of songs and conversations. My OEM did not move enough air to be worth mentioning.

Its definately NOT silent under WOT, maybe a resonator is in line for you Marky. ME? I want to sound mean. I like that my neighbors say stuff like "That Subaru sounds crazy", "did you put a v8 in that?":confused:, and "Bro your car sounds fierce!".

The Z06 (stock) and big block Nova (monster) next door are a million times louder than the 'roo

martin p - paid in full

Sedan 3" flange

reliable sellers - paid in full

Sedan 3"

Michael S - verified - "fraud"

Sedan 3" (For me)

Sedan 3" (For me)

Gary W - verified - paid in full

Wagon 3" Flange

Jonathan H - owe shipping

Wagon 3" Flange

michael m - verified - paid in full

Sedan 3" Flange

Kyle J - verified - paid in full

Wagon 3" Flange

Ian T - verified - paid in full

Wagon 3" Flange

Jesse B - verified - paid in full

Wagon 3" Flange

Tim S - verified - paid in full

Wagon 3" Flange

Albert L - verified - paid in full

Wagon 3" Flange

Lucien F - paid $400, no response to multiple emails. Hope all is well. Going to have to cancel, refund and re-sell. Sending verified shipping list to Stromung now.

Wagon 3" Flange

Ryan W - verified - paid in full

Wagon 2.5" Flange

Dale T - verified - paid in full

Wagon 2.5" Flange

Wagon 3" Flange (for me)

Eli B - verified - paid in full

Sedan 3"

That makes 17 of 21 shipping out. I will try to give Lucien a few days to respond. I will verify the 3 systems currently left.

I STILL haven't installed mine yet, but I'm hoping its louder than my current Bosal exhaust. That thing is super quiet until you open it up a bit, even then its not loud at all.

Hoping the Stromung has a deeper, more full tone. And after having one on my last subaru, I'm sure it will.

I still have no tracking updates from Stromung. But I did learn that they took it upon themselves to custom modify at least one CBE and deliver it without ever telling me anything. Never even checked to make sure buyer had paid me in full. Total BS. If buyer was not paid in full I would have a legitimate lawsuit against Stromung and it would be filed tomorrow.

Just because everyone knows who I am paying to manufacturer the parts does not give anyone rights (Stromung or buyers) to go over my head in any way. I am the supplier. I am the seller. I am the finacially responsible party. All buyers are my customers. Not Stromungs. I am Stromungs only customer. I made a wholesale purchase from them, everyone else made a retail purchase from me. Same way all retail sales work. They are a manufacturer being paid by me to make a product for me.

I obviously need to place a call to Stromung on Monday and get a few things cleared up. I am more than pissed right now.

i agree with mark it is a little louder on the down shift but that is manageable and actually keeps me from down shifting hard.

i put some whistle tips in mine so now its like :woowoo:

Datz only in da mornin'! :lol: I cried when I saw that!

Immediate payment isn't an issue for me for a Wagon CBE. But like everyone else, the price is important to know. Thanks.

Sprank, u know I'm in (sedan), and $$$ would be a good thing to know :redface: Don't want to be financing any vices you might have ;)

I still do not have a verification of what is left. Stromung has not replied. I want to verify first, because I paid them to make a certain list, but they are shipping the CBE's. So, I do not know if they followed my list exactly or not.

If I kept a list of who is interested in a CBE it would be over 10 people long. I am not keeping a list. I dont even know what is left because the manufacturing plant wont communicate.

I am not taking names. I am not making a list. I am waiting. When I have them in my hands I will list what I have for sale if anything.

At this point I do not know if anymore will be made. Not on my dime. I am pretty sure Stromung wants to sell more, they just want to make any profit theirs. So, they will most likely offer them without me. Even though it was my design changes and advertising that made it possible to bring the CBE back. Stromung had thought they destroyed the fixtures before I came around and had them dig them out of storage and modify them.

Stromung is super weak on advertising, sales, customer support, etc. Not sure how they expect to sell CBE's retail. Dont care.

• 3 months later...

Archived