LegacyGT.com

GI: New Quad Tip CBE for 05-09 from Infamous Performance

m sprank

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should give a very "finished" look. Mercedes use double wall tips. My LGT is as nice as a Benz (in my mind) so it deserves the same treatment.

I was really surprised by how big dual 3" tips is. Not huge cannons like "ricer" stuff. But big enough to go, wow!

^ Yeah, that was my reaction, too. I was, like, whoa! :cool::)

TSi, I completely understand waiting. I felt bad asking for deposits pre-fit. But to get things moving I had to. If it is any consolation, the piping is already being bent as we speak.

Hey, you've gotta do what you've gotta do, right?

I feel bad and you feel bad, we'll call it even? :lol:

If there's one good thing about being in the second batch, it's that I won't feel the itch to mount this thing up while January is still on the calendar. Saves one year's worth of salt exposure! :p

I am sure Invida went through the same thing. Except that Stromung did it years before Invidia tried and this is the second time around tryng to get the tips up higher and tighter for Stromung. So, when Stromung says, it wont happen, you have to take their expertise and experience into consideration.

^ For sure.

Invidia started at square one with this, and I don't know how they ran it, but they made several rather - at least from the viewpoint of a pure consumer without any manufacturing-level contacts - "green" mistakes. The way that many of us, myself included, have had to chop and hack at our Invidia Q300s testifies to that.

"Higher and tighter" sounds easy on paper, but once you've gotten under there, with a set of quad-tips, on the USDM sedan, it becomes easy to see why it's so hard to accomplish.

There is no physical way dual 3" tips are going to fit in that cutout. Not side by side, not staggered. It is not meant for 6" of tip. Want dual 2" tips? It fits. Great, my car looks like an early 90's Acura. Yay!.

A single 4" tip works great, too!!! :cool::p:wub: I still love my Blitz Nur-Spec "big-butt" look! :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I just absolutely cannot wait for the arrival of this exhaust. It's awesome how far it has come in such short time. A key thing m sprank said here is very true, just by the pictures you can even tell.. "Unless you are on the ground or under the car, the tips look tucked tight". That's what matters to me. It looks great and the double wall is definitely going to look sick!

Side note: why does the US market always get the short end of the stick? But then again; I guess we should be happy we even have turbos here. I remember when they were finally bringing the turbo wrx's and sti's over here. They had 3 cats for our strict emmision standards. Oh well. Anyways...

happy new year peoples!

Btw; this will be the most jdm usdm exhaust ever produced. Hahaha. Finally a usdm product the jdm market will be jealous about.

I think I answered all the PM's. I think yesterday might have been my heaviest PM day ever. Took 5 hours last night to answer all the PM's. i was on the forum until 1am answering questions. My eyes are now permanently crossed.

^ You're jinxing yourself with that one - you're bound to have more PMs, now! :lol:

PM-sent. :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

I think he could use some massage therapy........ :lol:

^ Oh, I'm so sorry, your exhaust must have been damaged in-transit!

:lol: :lol:

I Wanted to let everyone know that mike is a stand up guy and a man of his word, I was lucky enough to "guess" the rough profits he makes on a regular basis and I am the winner of the new CNT external wastegate uppipe and dump tube. From the pictures this thing looks amazing!

On a side note this guy does this for us and is not out to make millions, The reason his prices are so competitive is because he is willing to take a lot less profit at the same liabilities as most other vendors. He will be getting future business from me, I only wish it was one of these catbacks.

Thanks

Dave

Up-38MM-2.jpg.b942f8d1579d6c322cb015bab6178535.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

No full ETA yet. Stromung is bending pipes now.

Only two more deposits since posting pix of the mock up. Where did everyone go? I only need 1 more deposit to lock in the second run. I will cover that myself and close the GB is I must.

With production beginning now, it is time to pay all deposits. I must know how many to make. I will be closing the list next week. Any deposits not paid will be removed from the list. These are made to order, not inventoried.

If I can come up with the funding to buy a few for inventory, they will NOT be offered for this price. Not even close. They will NEVER be offered at this price again. Retail price is $1300.

cryo, your uppipe is shipping out tomorrow. I forwarded tracking via PM.

Archived