LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbokit - the Install

Paul, do you know what other forums the deposits came from? I'd be interested to see their progress and feedback after they get it installed.

Unless they are from LGT, and they just haven't chimed in yet.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Just an update - kits are finally shipping from the factory! Well, they left a bit ago, but will be getting here soon! We had some delays on the factory side and shipping company, but it's all sorted.

http://www.avoturboworld.com/images/stories/2011/feb/turbokit_shipping_02.jpg

http://www.avoturboworld.com/images/stories/2011/feb/turbokit_shipping_01.jpg

http://www.avoturboworld.com/images/stories/2011/feb/turbokit_shipping_03.jpg

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

LOL i would say the typical warranty quote BUT all failures could be traced back to this:

clutch, PP, TOB, half shafts, hubs, rear diff failure LOL pitching stop :lol:

Think how G status you would be if your took your boosted EJ253 to the dealer for like LCA fix those techs would be in awe and i would be watching with the keys so they dont get any ideas

LOL i would say the typical warranty quote BUT all failures could be traced back to this:

clutch, PP, TOB, half shafts, hubs, rear diff failure LOL pitching stop :lol:

Think how G status you would be if your took your boosted EJ253 to the dealer for like LCA fix those techs would be in awe and i would be watching with the keys so they dont get any ideas

they would definitely be like wtf. i don't think they'd be jonesing too hard to drive it though. I think they would wait for an sti or a stage 2 to come through

followed this thread from the beginning, but since my 09 2.5 was not considered a lemon, i traded it in and got an 08 GT...thats definitely one aexxy looking kit Paul...it woulda shoulda coulda been for my ride...

id like to see 1/4 mile times this summer or spring if you NA owners have the chance =) :cool:

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Damn. So pretty much, this is safe LGT stock power levels bolted on for roughly $3000?

I'm actually driving to Seattle this summer for a wedding, and that will probably put me right over my 60k powertrain. Mind if I drop by the shop and take a look?

Also, my 2009 2.5i PZEV has the header that is correctly pictured. I always thought there were precats or something in there since it was so big. Is there? Also didn't find a definitive answer on the PZEV compatibility. Should be fine with flashing with the OpenECU USB thing?

Flashing via OpenECU or possibly ecuedit is probably the only issue with the PZEV cars. If there's a definition available for the car, it's fairly straightforward process.

It's probably mentioned elsewhere, but the one part of the install that isn't a straight unbolt old out/bolt in new is the oil drainage for the turbo. A hole needs to be tapped and threaded into the side of the oilpan. We did it with the oilpan on the car (there's a method for it + experience with doing it many times), but most people will probably just remove the oil pan.

I really don't mind if anybody wants to stop by and experience the car - it's built for that reason!

And finally: The first shipment of kits is arriving in roughly 2 weeks (depending on customs/etc). Out of that shipment I'll have one extra kit that isn't already sold - if somebody wants one soonish, order now!

Regards,

Paul Hansen

There is a definition for the 2009 Legacy 2.5i MT on RomRaider, but I'm not sure if that includes PZEV. I asked in the forum and we'll see what happens. Even if there isn't, I can get a Tactrix 2.0 and upload a dump of the ECU and see if the devs can make definitions and etc for the ROM.

I read the part about tapping the oil pan, but I was wondering if the LGT has a drain built into their pans. Because if it is that way, it might be easier for me to just swap the pans. Or will the oil lines included in the kit not be able to do this?

Thanks

I read the part about tapping the oil pan, but I was wondering if the LGT has a drain built into their pans. Because if it is that way, it might be easier for me to just swap the pans. Or will the oil lines included in the kit not be able to do this?

Thanks

LGT's don't have an oil drain built into the pan, it's routed completely different. It's one of the many reasons that simply buying LGT turbo bits and trying to bolt them on won't work - the 2.5i setup is significantly different than the turbo setup. Routing the drain to the oil pan on a 2.5i is just the easiest, most reliable, and most cost effective method for drainage.

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

^ And it's all basically "gravity" drain, so it's an easy-do. You don't have to worry about high-pressure fittings/leaks, etc.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Sounds good. I was under the car changing the oil and what not, looking how things would go.

Looking at the pictures again, is that downpipe actually catted? If so, very nice. It would fit perfectly.

Yes!

I'm so on the fence. Order now or order in 11k when powertrain warranty is up? Decisions decisions.

Well you can buy now and wait for the warranty to run out they might be gone in 11k. Once the user reviews roll in on these kits not from AVO I don't think they will last long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived