LegacyGT.com

Yo, let's race!

Legend

I am interested to go back again when its a little cooler and try a few things I have thought of since running last wednesday. Although at this point it may be a waste because of a possible turbo upgrade in the very near future.:cool:

rweezy, e85 is a must on your car, you will love it.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No more car problems fo me.

Here's why:

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r358/collegemt/135-1.jpg

2011 135i.

jUST GOT IT TONIGHT!

no more STI.

nice upgrade, I like those 1 series myself. Was the sti traded because of the issues or was it just time for something new?

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

Nice pocket rocket! I was behind a black one in traffic today in fact. Very nice....

They are pretty quick. I hope they respond to mods like the LGT does.

They don't like to hang at a track or at a drag race- stock form that is.

And they don't like 2 baby seats.:lol:

All comparos done at an official track, of course.

Nice pocket rocket! I was behind a black one in traffic today in fact. Very nice....

They are pretty quick. I hope they respond to mods like the LGT does.

They don't like to hang at a track or at a drag race- stock form that is.

And they don't like 2 baby seats.:lol:

All comparos done at an official track, of course.

Thanks for the comments!

My wife and I are both pretty short, under 5'5. So 2 car setas fit fine for us tested before we bought the car. A little inconvenience being only 2 doors but well worth the sacrifice.

At the track it did pretty well for my early testing done oday.

Still getting use to RWD launches.

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r358/collegemt/002-13.jpg

This is at 5800 feet elevation. Trap speed seemed a bit low, but the temps were 90 degrees.

I feel with better conditions I should be able to hit 13.9

The best time I got in my stage 2 06 STI was 14.2 with cooler temps. I averaged 14.4.

Also the car has a great tone with the stock exhaust.

Quick video I made yesterday:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFilSFhgYio]YouTube- 2011 135i 6mt stock exhaust[/ame]

A few more pics;

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r358/collegemt/003-13.jpg

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r358/collegemt/004-16.jpg

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r358/collegemt/005-15.jpg

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r358/collegemt/006-14.jpg.

Sorry to thread jack John.

Very nice ride Adam, I would love for you to take me for a spin in it sometime. I've never gotten to feel or even see and 35i engine take off in any of the platforms the twins are offered in. I bet it feels really torquey off the line and hooks up extremely smoothly with the BMW gear box. Congrats.

It's not a threadjack at all! You are racing the damn thing, and that is awesome to be dragracing a 2011 with temp tags. :lol:;) When I went to the dragstrip last week there were a LOT of BMW's. My buddy came in his 335ix and is a terrible driver... can't recall his times and he didn't really car. He talked to a bunch of BMW guys and most of them here high 13's/low 14's. There were no 1 series that night though.

Get that car out to a dyno so you can see where your power is at. I've done a little work with my dyno sheet and think I'll be running much better at the dragstrip next time. (Check out my work on shift points today here.) Between finishing my tune, fixing my 4th gear stutter problem, optimizing my shift points, and cooler temps, I think I've got some 113mph traps in my near future (was in the 111mphs last time). And looking at your timeslip, above, your competitor had a so-so 60' and 112mph trap and very low 12's... My new goal is 12.1x@113mph. :cool:

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I just went thru my slips and wrote down the fastest time with all my various setups:

12.49 @ 111.86 Stage 3e BNR68 (DA 10,108)

12.89 @ 107.22 Stage 3e VF52 (DA 8,556')

13.54 @ 102.06 Stage 2e (DA 7,901')

14.09 @ 99.690 Stage 2

15.07 @ 96.280 Stage 1

rweezy - Did you get a 13.7 @ 99mph at Stage 2?! :eek: I want to see that timeslip. Awesome!

I'm heading back to Bandimere either this Weds or next... haven't decided yet.

My '05 LGT

rweezy - Did you get a 13.7 @ 99mph at Stage 2?! :eek: I want to see that timeslip. Awesome!

He is actually running a vf39 w sti tmic on 91 at about 16.5psi peak. First time out to the track with that car and we have only made a few small changes to the tune the car had when he bought it. It has a bit more potential once we can get his boost issues taken care and go over some odd things in his timing and maf tables.

I hope to get back to the track late september, I got a few new toys I will be installing the week after next while I'm on vacation. Should make a big difference over my last track visit, hope the stock clutch will hold;)

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I can get my dam open source map transferred to the Cobb so I can use launch control then I will hopefully get to the track again soon. It was so easy for the gas map but the dam E85 map won't hold it's idle or build over 8 pounds!!

It was so easy for the gas map but the dam E85 map won't hold it's idle or build over 8 pounds!!

When I went E85 I had the same problem, but the culprit was a vacuum line that plugged into the intake manifold. It popped all the time, now it's zip tied securely into place, LOL :lol::lol:

Well what is weird is I transferred all the tables and everything else but the cobb map won't make over 8 pounds and when i switch it back to the open source it builds 16lbs no problem. I must be missing something obvious, just gonna have to keep checking everything table by table :mad:

I had my 2011 135i dynoed last night at the boost creep with Harvey.

Free baseline pull since I delivered my 68HTA he bought from me.

15% correction. about 78 degrees:

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r358/collegemt/017-10.jpg

I had my 2011 135i dynoed last night at the boost creep with Harvey.

Wow that is sooo pretty.. and stock! Huge flat plateaus of torque and hp. Nice linear power. Curb weight on par with '05 LGT's (3250-3300lbs) so not porky at all. Got any plans for mods yet?

Can Harvey do any tuning on those?

My '05 LGT

Wow that is sooo pretty.. and stock! Huge flat plateaus of torque and hp. Nice linear power. Curb weight on par with '05 LGT's (3250-3300lbs) so not porky at all. Got any plans for mods yet?

Can Harvey do any tuning on those?

Harvey can't do any tuning on these.

However there is a tuning piggyback type system expected to be released in < a month. Its about $400. It should bump hp by about 50.

I would most likely start with that and eventually move onto the downpipe and further tunes. I plan to keep the stock turbo and direct injection system.

I just went thru my slips and wrote down the fastest time with all my various setups:

12.49 @ 111.86 Stage 3e BNR68 (DA 10,108)

12.89 @ 107.22 Stage 3e VF52 (DA 8,556')

13.54 @ 102.06 Stage 2e (DA 7,901')

14.09 @ 99.690 Stage 2

15.07 @ 96.280 Stage 1

Ya like cryo said technically its slightly better then stage 2 but still for a first time out and really not that many mods i was very happy with the results. I took a pic of the time slip im on the right lane hope i can put it in here ok. Ill also try to upload the vid of it although its on my crackberry so its terrible quality and sorry about the profane use of language my buddy was recording. Well it wouldnt let me because the vid was missing a security token not sure it really matters the time slip says more anyways.

IMG00168-20100831-0653.thumb.jpg.2bb1cf08c9155e5cb828477eadf4994e.jpg

Archived