LegacyGT.com

Yo, let's race!

Legend

I may not be able to make it on wdnesday.My car has been having some misfire issues. I am not sure what is goin on, but this morning it was running on 3 cylinders. I am not sure if i am getting bad E85 or someting. I need to get tis figured out.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I may not be able to make it on wdnesday.My car has been having some misfire issues. I am not sure what is goin on, but this morning it was running on 3 cylinders. I am not sure if i am getting bad E85 or someting. I need to get tis figured out.

Awwww man that sucks!! Good luck, Adam.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I'll probably be getting there early with my son. My buddy with a red 335xi is also coming, but he can't drive worth a shit. (He readily admits that.)

Guys take out your spare tires/tools.. don't want that extra 40lbs or so. Also, check your tire pressure - it's important for launching. I'll be running ~42-43psi in the rear and and ~38psi in the front.

See ya all tomorrow!

My '05 LGT

Dang, I will have to back out too. This emissions test is killing me. I have borrowed stock wheels/tires on now and took the lip off my front bumper. That was just to get on the rollers. Then tested yesterday, and failed, so now I gotta borrow a stock downpipe to put on and then go back and retest. What a PAIN!!

Do you know which cylinder is misfiring? Log Cylinder Roughness count on all 4 cylinders to figure out which one is misfiring if you didn't know to check. Let me know if you need any help diagnosing the issue, more than willing to help.

I'll be there around 430-5. Wanted to change the tranny fluid with some redline but didnt get a chance so oh well. Should be a good time.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

I'm due for a tranny fluid change too. I'm still a little undecided on what time I'll show up.. still thinking around 4:30pm. My buddy with the red 335ix can't leave until ~4:45 and he lives up the street from me.. might wait.

Cryo (Dave, right?), since you are in Westminster hit me with a PM if interested in heading down together. You too, rweezy. From my house I'll be taking Federal south to 76...

collegemt, any resolution on your issue, buddy? Hope it is something simple.

Steve, come race on stockers... you'll be quicker than running 18's and will take your mind off emissions hell. ;)

BigNYDog3, can't wait to see how my VF52 does! My best E.T. was 12.89 and fastest trap 107.2mph. Kill it, man.. those headers should help!

My '05 LGT

I will actually be leaving strait from lakewood after work to pick up a friend and then head up there, otherwise I would be down. I'm in no HUGE rush to get up there as the later it is the cooler it should be. see you guys up there.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

I'm starting to digest the info.. have 20+ videos and just scanned in 3 slips. I did well.. and consistent, so I'm happy about that... but I was coasting thru the last 50-100'...especially the last run. Just got home and did a LV. UGLY!!!! After 30 minutes gentle driving home, IAM=0.625 and some learned FLKC. Don't know what the hell is going on. Other issue was discovered my plastic undertray was dragging on the ground. Grrrr...

But... even with timing and problems, still managed 12.49, 12.52, and 12.75. Traps 111mph. Last run was 12.52 and coasted for a while... what a shame I would have gotten another 12.4x easy, probably 12.3x. Decent for 95F, 91F, 82F and an issue.

My '05 LGT

Well I am not all that happy with my runs. Best two runs were 14.50 and 14.55 with mostly 2.2sec 60ft. Traps were 97 and 96. I am now seeing the downfall to the vf40 with my setup.

Around town the car has a lot of usable torque but at the track after each shift its about where the vf40 starts falling off. Because of the fmic there is that little bit more lag so it makes it that much worse. I was seeing about 14psi max on my runs because everything after 1st was 4200rpm and up regardless of wgdc or boost target.

I think with a 1.8 or 1.9 60ft I could have taken another tenth or two off the et, the trap speed isnt bad but definatly not great, I was hoping for much better. I already got home and got the wife to say the words "maybe you need a bigger turbo".....:cool:

*congrats rweezy and legend for new personal bests.*

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm starting to digest the info.. have 20+ videos and just scanned in 3 slips. I did well.. and consistent, so I'm happy about that... but I was coasting thru the last 50-100'...especially the last run. Just got home and did a LV. UGLY!!!! After 30 minutes gentle driving home, IAM=0.625 and some learned FLKC. Don't know what the hell is going on. Other issue was discovered my plastic undertray was dragging on the ground. Grrrr...

But... even with timing and problems, still managed 12.49, 12.52, and 12.75. Traps 111mph. Last run was 12.52 and coasted for a while... what a shame I would have gotten another 12.4x easy, probably 12.3x. Decent for 95F, 91F, 82F and an issue.

John, you killed it. 12.52 at 111, congrats man. Seriously you have a low to mid 12 second car with minimal mods.

E85, turbo, exhaust, intake and tune. thats just nuts.

Congrats man!

I still havn't figured anything out with my car. The misfires are just random, it has happened about 3 times know. I have been super busy with work related issues this week, so not much time for the car.

Nice to meet you, Dave and rweezy.

Yeah Dave, you need a new turbo. ;) I recommend both the upgrades I've used.. the VF52 and the BNR68. Honestly the VF52 is more fun around town and feels faster. At the strip though it's pretty obvious the BNR68 makes better ultimate power. Can't go wrong with either. As you were saying, find a way to get those IAT's down if you can.

Wish you could have been there, Adam. Fun night.. didn't look busy but nearly 50 minutes b/w runs so I guess it was. Yes, you and I like the same recipe for power... keeping it simple is really, really nice and easy. I sure hope you can your issues resolved (work and car!)

I'll be commenting on my runs and tune in that other thread...

My '05 LGT

It was pretty sweet seein all the leggys there alot more ended up showing then i thought and it was really cool seein the 12.4 run from you legend not bad at all. As for myself i ran way faster then i thought i would. I was hoping for mid 14's which i was hitting pretty close to on all my runs but actually ended up getting a best of 13.7 at 99 mph ill def take it. Hey BigNYDog3 did you ever get that launch down i was really wanting to check out some of your runs but only really got to see your last against that sti hope you got the run you were lookin for. Thanks to cryo for all the advice and help so far, hope to further my power gains now with an ebcs to fix some boost fluxing and a possible swap to e-85 I figure why not for the the little investment it takes. Hopefully now that ive met a few of you we can get together again and actually talk some shop im always down to learn new things from everyone as im still pretty new to the subbie game. :redface:

I never got my launch down, I def got better as the night went on but not anywhere near where I wanted to be! But practice makes perfect and that was my first time out to the track. My best was 14.6 @102 but I am going to work on my launch before I head back a second time so hopefully next time will be better! Glad I got to meet a few more of you, we will def need to meet up again before it starts getting cold

Archived