LegacyGT.com

Yo, let's race!

Legend

Im still in assuming i get some time at lunch to tweek the tune. I fixed a leak and am seeing much higher load and mad voltage than before so it threw everything out of wack. I hit 4.72volts on my k&n last night at 60 degrees and my highest previous was 4.6 so timing and fuel need some work again. I will be there at/around 4 if i get everything kosher.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im still in assuming i get some time at lunch to tweek the tune. I fixed a leak and am seeing much higher load and mad voltage than before so it threw everything out of wack. I hit 4.72volts on my k&n last night at 60 degrees and my highest previous was 4.6 so timing and fuel need some work again. I will be there at/around 4 if i get everything kosher.

Dave

Sweet.

Tonight, I am going to get you that 1st - 3rd log..

Damn looks like it might be a good turnout maybe i should of gone down there at least to check everything out. Guess ill have to wait till next year:icon_sad:.

Join me on Saturday. It will be serious fun too! ;) Maybe even Dave will join up again twice in 1 week now that he's hooked on racing.

Looking forward to results and pics tonight, guys!

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Well no track for me tonight, on my cruise on lunch the car still just didn't feel right. Started seeing way rich conditions and swore there had to be a major pre turbo leak since i just pressure tested it. Long story short its fixed now but i have ALOT more respect for a dirty maf sensor now, amazing how strange it can make the car act as well as how the ecu reads everything since most things are based off maf voltage. I will be there on saterday unless the weather doesn't hold out.

Wow was that a strange two or three. days with the car, load was way up, maf volts were up but in actuallity it was mis reported although i don't quite understand it. map changes did nothing, cleaned the maf and tada everything is back within 1% corrections...

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

Tonight was pretty awesome. Got to the gate at 3:45, and managed 4 runs before the rain killed the night. My OEM clutch is one weak bastard. I managed to slip it through 3 gears (awesome skills, right? lol). My fourth run was my best yet at 13.997. I'll post that slip tomorrow.

BWD: I saw your wagon w/ the other LGT wagon. I was going to video my buddy in his Z and then track you down. Unfortunately, thats when the clouds opened up. Next time!

Cyro: If all went well, I should have two, maybe three logs to go along with my slips for you.

Join me on Saturday. It will be serious fun too! ;) Maybe even Dave will join up again twice in 1 week now that he's hooked on racing.

Looking forward to results and pics tonight, guys!

Man I wish I could now that im starting to learn my car, but ive gotta work until 2 that day otherwise id probably be in. Dave you got me thinking maybe its the k&n intake with that oil soaked filter i could possibly see that fouling it up. I might pull mine to see what it looks like might be a good comparison.

Congrats finse, I'm excited to see the slip and traps. Wish I could have made it but should be out saterday to make it up.

Legend-

As long as they are not over oiled they work just fine,Mine has not been oiled in a few months so there has been no major change recently. Over time mafs do get dirty but normally not to the point where they cause issues like I saw. CRC makes a MAF sensor cleaner although I think our mafs are a little to small and dinky for me to want to blast it with that so I just cleaned it gently and plugged it back in. Back to normal. You should pull your maf and compare the "intake side" vs the back side and its easy to see if its dirty. It should be a see through golden brown but on my intake side it was pretty black, wiped right off.

Do you want to meet up on saturday and cruise down together?

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I suppose you're right, cryo, but since there are good filters that don't use oil (to me) it just makes sense to use those. I guess the upside to the oiled filter is that it can be cleaned and used longer so eventually it costs less. I've never done a thing to my MAF. I'm afraid to now since I've tuned around it and if it's dirty well my whole tune is based off of it so I'll just keep it dirty. ;)

finse - 4 runs?! Damn that's great. Nice run on the 13.99!

cryo - What part of town are you in?

My '05 LGT

I failed to get a good image of the slips, so here are the transcriptions.

2nd Run

r/t- .929

60'- 2.891

330- 7.120

1/8- 10.358

mph- 77.99

1000-13.053

1/4 mile- 15.316 @ 100.35mph

3rd Run

r/t- 1.144

60'- 2.795

330- 6.941

1/8- 10.083

mph- 80.49

1000-12.688

1/4 mile- 14.877 @ 104.31mph

4th run

r/t- 1.530

60'- 2.147

330- 6.001

1/8- 9.157

mph- 79.89

1000-11.776

1/4 mile- 13.997 @ 102.68mph

As I stated in my previous post, my 1st run was a total wash. I pretty much nailed the coffin shut on the clutch, so I was happy to successfully get three more runs in. The second run, I bogged the car pretty bad at launch. Third run, bogged it again, although not as badly, fourth run was a decent launch and I managed to stay away from the fuel cut. I'll be looking forward to next year when I move up to a new clutch/fly wheel.

For anyone that's interested, I did log the last three runs w/ my AP. I trimmed them up a little and put them in an excel spread sheet. You can find it here

Ive heard both sides of the stories when it comes to oiled filters. I always was under the assumption that they were a good thing but lately ive been hearing alot of negatives on it which is starting to shake my faith in them but mine came with the car and my bike has one as well so I guess im doomed.

Long day and I got my butt kicked in round one thanks to redlighting. Ooops. Fun day anyhow but a little disappointment in my times/traps. My goal was a 12.3x @ 113mph and I didn't come too close. Temps were awesome around 60F but there was a pretty strong headwind all day. Don't know how much that came into play. I had real problems launching the first two times and really bogged down in 2nd gear. Got 12.87 and 12.90 on those 2 practice runs.

Despite those times, I dialed in 12.47 thinking that with a good launch and no bog I could shave half a second and thought that time might even cause me to break out. I got a good launch and no bog on the last run. Was really feeling like I kicked butt but only 12.63. My opponent dialed in a 16.80. She took off first and it felt like an eternity sitting there waiting for my tree... actually started wondering if I missed it... ha.. and I just took off... red lighted. My opponent kicked ass and ran a 16.788

Best time 12.63, worst 12.90

Best trap 112.30, worst 111.45

Best 60' 1.883, worst 2.052

Kinda disappointing overall since last time was 28F hotter and I had power loss in 4th gear all day. Cool temps and ran great today. Wonder if the stiff headwinds make that much difference?? Just looked at Bandimere's website... 14-16mph headwinds today FWIW.

My '05 LGT

Thats a bummer, I kinda did the same thing the first bracket race I ran. Red lighted because i wasnt used to having to wait and when the guy next to me took off I just instinctivly went as well :redface:. But at least you got to run and im not sure about headwind it seems possible to me but im no expert on that.

Well I didnt run like I would have liked to again but learned a few things about the car, one of which is a new clutch is going to be needed in the spring. Also Legend and I were the ONLY imports racing today, kind of a wierd experience.

First run I smoked the clutch and couldnt grab in any gear, turned out with something like 71mph traps but did manage a 2.0 sixty foot.

Second run I got a perfect .000 light that I didnt even notice till I got home but baby'd it off the line and got a 2.4 sixty foot.

rt - .000

60' - 2.402

330' - 6.197

1/8 - 9.297

mph - 83.08

1000 - 11.885

1/4 mile - 14.015 @ 107.27

Third run should have been my 13.0 or 12.xx but I missed third gear twice and yelled and screamed all the way down the rest of the track....

rt - .021

60' - 1.934

330' - 5.553

1/8 - 8.869

mph - 78.84

1000 - 11.533

1/4 mile - 13.75 @ 103.45

After comparing my last run today with the best run last time I went out which was a 13.77 @ 107.39 I notice I was already going .6 seconds faster on todays by the 330' because of a good launch. Also I pulled .02 tenths quicker in the 1/4 mile over my previous best on the run today that I missed a gear. The power is there, its driver error at this point.'

Legend - nice hanging out with you and sorry again about this morning. The drive home was interesting and fun. Kind of nice to see how the cars compare. It would be fun to see a good side by side from a roll with open road in the middle of no where but I know you would end up in front at the end, just curious by how much.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've had a chance to hyper-analyze my runs yesterday. First, here is a data table summary of yesterday's runs as opposed to my runs a couple months ago:

http://beeez.com/lgt/dragstrip%20results.jpg

Yesterday I ran an average of 0.79mph faster but an average of 0.21s slower e.t.s Frustrating. I've analyzed each segment of the track and I lost all of that time in the first 330'. Launches were part of my problem but not the biggest. I had the greatest slow down b/w 60' and 330', losing an average of 0.165s in that interval that was never made up.

Wind was not a factor in my slowdown in times yesterday. If wind were a factor, I think it would be most evident on the back half. But my back half times were no slower and my back half gain in mph was significantly greater (25mph vs. 23mph).

Also the tune was not a factor in my slowdown yesterday... if so, then it too should have been manifested in back half performance, I would think, more than the front half.

So what the hell happened in the 3 seconds b/w 60' and 330'?!? It's the 2nd-3rd shift, I believe. I wasn't shifting slower but I did shift at much lower rpms this outing than last. Previously I was shifting near 6800rpms and this time around 6300rpms... I think that 2nd gear should be taken to ~6800rpms, just as I do in 1st gear.

At the 1/8 mark yesterday I was moving 1.15mph slower but yet at the 1/4 mark I was running 0.79mph faster. Nice to have all the time splits and be able to narrow this sucker down! It's the timing of the 2-3 shift! ;)

My '05 LGT

Nice times John! I thought forsure you were going to hit 12.3. I bet if you had some more runs you could have done it.

Quick pic of my new wheels:

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r358/collegemt/142-2.jpg

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r358/collegemt/145-2.jpg

I am really digging the new look.

crap I missed all of this I need to start looking at the rocky mtn forums more often:) well that being said I Am all for racing this winter too :)

I have up to 3 full extra sets of ice racing tires some on compomotive race wheels and some on donut spares for people to play with on georgetown lake this winter.. if there is any more track racing after this week I would be into going for sure..

Congrats adam, those wheels look sweet.

Unfortunatly I just put the nail in the coffin today on the stock clutch. Seemed like everything was fine after saturdays track fun and the spirited drive home, clutch felt a little soft but I figured it was because of the abuse and just needed to cool. I was wrong.

On the way home from work today I tried a full throttle pull in second and clutch slipped to redline, drove half way home and tried a 2k pull in third and shot right up to redline again. It drives fine as long as its not under full throttle but slips under real power every time, so much for renting the dyno out in a few weeks.....looks like the last track visit cost more than I thought, since I doubt I can sell the wife on a new clutch right before winter when it still "drives fine" as long as your not getting on it...

Might have some stock lgt parts for sale for my new "clutch fund"....dont know quite yet since I HATE selling my stock parts in case I need them for testing, quick back to stock switch etc. we will see

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Adam - Yeah man.. those wheels look GREAT. Love it.

Dave - Well it's a part that is supposed to wear out and you'll be putting better parts in, so that's a good thing. BUT... ouch man clutches are expensive! Looking thru my service/parts record book, I paid $780 for the ACT SB5-HDMM and OEM '06 WRX single mass fly. Plus another $30 for shipping. Paid another $475 for Flatirons Tuning to install it.. so wow over $1200... I replaced it at 55k miles in Oct 2008.

My '05 LGT

Yeah its something i knew would come but was hoping to be able to do it in the spring and still have a car i could go wot all winter on nice days with....or at least get it on the dyno to see where it stands as well as finish up the tune...oh well, im sure i will find a way to get it sooner just didn't really want to worry about it around christmas. Im already pricing the wrx flywheel and act street setup but there seems to be a lot of noise and chatter complaints about the act but yet not a lot of better options out there. Any complaints with your setup legend? Obviously we can tell it works fine but any noise or chatter issues for ya? Sorry not trying to steer the thread off topic.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived