LegacyGT.com

Yo, let's race!

Legend

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats a sweet looking IS250 for sure. What does it have done to it?

From his ad, "You are bidding on my 2007 Lexus IS250 AWD. It is always garage kept and totally accident free! My family is growing so I need a larger vehicle so its kinda a need to sell deal here. The body is in perfect shape it looks brand new. Oil changes are always done at 3k milles, I just put new brakes on it about a month ago. It is definetly a smoker free car! Some of the main goodies that come with it are Navigation all touch screen w/ 6disk in dash and aux plug for ipod or mp3 players, Keyless enty and push button start, The seat are all leather heated and air conitioned, Rear view back up camera, Bluetooth phone through the car stereo, plus many many more. The extra goodies that have been added on include F-Sport intake system, Megan exaust system, Megan lowering springs, Rear roof spoiler, LX-Mode front grills, The console,steering wheel controls, start button and all door controls leds were all swapped to white and blue to match the factory Lexus Gauges. The wheels that are on it are 3-piece Donz Forged 19"custom made just for the car, with brand new tires all around. I will include the stock tire and wheels if you would like. I would love to keep this car but I have to let it go. I hope the next person enjoys this car as much as I do. Feel free to ask any question you might have. Thanks for looking and have a great day!"

I'm not wild about the intake being switched or the in-dash LED's being messed with but otherwise I'm fine with it all. I'd be buying some snow tires and putting the stockers on in the winter. Mileage is a little high at 49k. I bought my car just as modded with 44k though... sometimes if a nice car comes along I feel like I can look the other way on mileage... obviously the car looks very well cared for which is better than a car with 20k miles that has been neglected.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I went to the track today. My first run of the day:

2011 135i bone stock

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r358/collegemt/019-11.jpg

Other 2 runs were 14.0. I left erly because it started to rain.

I have a stage 1 tune coming later tis week. should add about 30whp.

Its a piggy back style tune, aka juicebox. I am going to be a tester for elevation, so I got if for super cheap. It has allready been through a lot of testing so I know its safe, just need to determine if it needs any tweaks for elevcation.

I am still running stock tire pressure settings. I just smoke the tires in the burnout box which makes them nice and sticky.

I might be able to go 9-22 if you decide on that weds.

I might have to make one more trip out there before the season ends. Although i was considering the idea of running in World Tuner Challenge on the 19th I remember someone on this forum talking about it awhile back. I guess it depends on if anybody else plans on running if not i might just shoot for the 22nd since it sounds like a few of you are thinking about it. Hey Dave hows the new setup treatin you I havent seen anything on your other post yet. I bet you will kill at the track now, im very interested to see you run it.

Not bad but really have been busy doing other things with the family. I haven't really gotten to play as much as i need to. Could probably get it knocked out in a afternoon if i set aside some time this weekend. I have seen 20psi by 3200 rpms in the logs on a hot day so far but i think it will get a little better before im done and i am still playing with timing and leaning things out as its still running on the rich side of error right now so who knows

Anyway it should be ready by the 22nd and i really want to see what its capable of but i still have to consider the stock clutch so if that becomes an issue as the tune progresses i may have to change my track plans.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

John, what's the status on the wifey's IS250?

I backed off that car. Really the main factor was the anemic 200hp motor in a 3600lb AWD car. I'm not spending ~$25k for a car that can only muster 0-60 in 7.5s. Pathetic for the money. I won't consider any IS250.

We found an amazing car.. a pearl white '08 Infiniti G35x with Premium and Nav packages and 22k miles. Man.. what an impressive car. Immaculate condition - indistinguishable from new. 306hp, 0-60 in 5.5s. Took it on a 2 hour test drive. Alone, with no salesman. Negotiated a pretty good deal but in the end walked away... I'm just not in a good enough financial position to drop $27k on a car. Thought my wife's '04 Accord would command more trade-in value. I am a cash payer, so I don't exactly make it easy on myself, but I made up my mind about 10 years ago to never have a car payment. Anyways... we'll keep an eye out for G35x's or possibly an FX45. VERY impressed with the Infiniti's. Great blend of luxury and performance in a very different look. Here's a couple pics of this beautiful car.

http://beeez.com/lgt/infin1.jpg

http://beeez.com/lgt/infin2.jpg

My '05 LGT

Adam, I like the new profile pic! I really want to see you in the burnout box... sounds cool. Don't spray my windshield with rubber though. I'll keep my buddy in the 335ix up the street informed of your progress. He was tempted to chip it but I doubt he will...

Guys, I'm leaning towards next Weds 9/15. I could go on the 22nd but since the last 2 Weds after that are out for me I'd hate to hold off until the 22nd and not have a backup Weds if it rains, etc. Because my alignment got out of whack though I've got a tire that is literally down to the cords though and there is a voice inside of me telling me not to go at all.

Dave, get that damn tune done. That's a great setup. Adam's (collegemt) really kicked butt before he sold it off.... great response and threshold and still topped 320whp. That's gotta be an awesome street setup you've got there as well. Let's see you trap 110+mph with a stoplight killer. I'm all for it.

My '05 LGT

just installed my stage 1 tune on my 135i.

this is it:

http://burgertuning.com/N55_Jb_BMW_Performance_Tuner.html

The increase in performance is great for a simple plug and play install. I feel its atleast an extra 30whp maybe more. Trap sppeds should tell the full story. I think the car should be able to manage a 13.5 or less with a decent run.

The one problem is traction. First gear wants to break loose under wot and so does 2nd under a moderatly hard shift. It's kinda fun though.

most likely the 22nd for me.

We will have to try and line up. I have been using your log after you installed the ebcs to airboy for a reference point for power curve. You never dyno'd after you were running 22psi did you? What kind of difference you think it made over the dyno day both of us were at? Still not finished tuning yet but have made about 55hp and 50tq difference on an airboy vs my last vf40 pull. Still got another few psi to play with and lean it out some more. It's great to watch the power and torque curves climb with each change although nothing like a real dyno.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

I never put it on the dyno when I was running 24psi. I think I would have been around 230-240whp.

Keep in mind the STI had very short gears and I had to hit 5th gear at the drag strip. You should be able to get under my best of 12.8 with a good run.

We will see but honestly my expectations are not that fast for this track visit. I am going in with low goals even though the car feels great. I am more interested with the traps than the et, I wish I could get it on the dyno for fine tuning before the track but by that time the track will be closed.

On a side note I think if I were to run 12's it would be halarious to hear the comments

"Hey man I saw a stock Spec b running 12's at the track last night yo"..j/k

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Hey man I saw a stock Spec b running 12's at the track last night yo"..j/k

With that FMIC it doesn't look stock though! When I pop my hood it really, really looks stock. :) You'll be in the 12's for sure, but I agree the traps are a little more interesting for the 1st or 2nd pass.. after that it's all about the e.t.

I just finally completed my tune.. actually 100% done for once. I have a last-minute notice surprise party in Greeley for this Weds night so now I am officially on for the 22nd.

My goal is 12.35 @ 113.0mph if temps are ~70F... will be tough but that's just a gain of 0.14s and 1.14mph from my last time out when it was 88F and I was shifting too high and my tune was running too much boost/heat and pulling timing. So I really think it's do-able.

My '05 LGT

With that FMIC it doesn't look stock though! When I pop my hood it really, really looks stock. :) .

Oh I know how your engine bay looks, my friend couldnt believe you were running 12's on a stock tmic till I told him it wasnt stock...:lol:

I just meant the only indication mine is not stock is if you get to see it from the front and are looking for the fmic which kinda hides as it is. Sides and rear have no give-aways with stock spec b wheels and stock catback. you know how people in the crowd can be. Once I pop my hood its all over and obviously not stock looking.

Sounds like it should be fun on the 22nd. I will be finishing up my tune and a 16g talon tune tomorrow then should be ready for the track.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well if you all are going to run again on the 22nd then count me in for sure. I bet i wont see any better times then last since nothing has changed :( but maybe with the cooler temps i might see high 13s consistently. Dave is that 16g talon your buddys that was at the track last time we were there? If so is he running it on the 22nd as well that talon sounds like a beast that would be killer to see it run.

Archived