LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

haha uh i don't think so ! i did 60 000 km on my 3.8 turbo sunbird running 19 lbs boost every day all day ! and i never had turbo timer or let the car cool off. never had a problem.

the egt's on my bros ford cummings sequential turbo have reached 1400degrees for fairly extended amounts of time. and the same turbo never had a hint of problems.

there are lots of wrx's general-tj on youtube has on. and several srt-4 have the holset hx35w and my friends 1.6 civic had the actual turbo i have in my buckaru now.

a holset turbo will not fail.. there uber quality, not like a stock grand national turbo or a t3 thing.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also diesel turbo are normally not water cooled. older diesels pre 2005 ? i think are all cold idle diesels, so idle cools them down nicely. how ever gas engines typically idle at very hot temperatures. me headers grow red. but still not a problem .. i have been runing holset on the subie for over 2 years now ?

Wow, and I thought it was just the obvious replicas through ____Racing on eBay.

More curious about the impact of gating just 1of2 scrolls. Need to invest some time researching that, as it may also be a solution for a different BW setup.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

well are you planing on using the twin scroll ?

the internal bypass isn't quite big enough it will eventually make 15 lbs boost fully open.

i am using the ewg and i like it. how are the waste gates connected on the twin scroll subarus ?

its either from one, or both using a gap or some by pass. i don't think they have two wastegates ?

Edited by frank_ster

Eh alright I really do need to stop mucking up your thread, so this will be the last of my off-topic posts:

yup twinscroll 12cm^2, 35W. I don't have much room on my manifold design for doing external gates, though I have one idea of using 2 separate EWGs, one for left bank, one for right. So for the left bank, the EWG would be fed by #2 and #4, with a divider plate right up to the valve of the EWG, so there would not be much pulse interference.

Remember this is the under engine plan I've had for a long while now. Space is tight!

Subaru VF36 does both scrolls

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/snarticles/producttest/tdturbo2.jpg

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

you guys know the reason why you don't use Diesel turbos on Gasoline engines, right?

what were you gonna say to the reasons ?

Frankster, I was thinking about the cam sensor issue again. Why do you need it? Do you need the Subaru ECU to start the engine for any reason? Why not bypass it? Why does the engine not fire right up instead of cranking for a while if Megashift is controlling spark and fuel?

Frankster, I was thinking about the cam sensor issue again. Why do you need it? Do you need the Subaru ECU to start the engine for any reason? Why not bypass it? Why does the engine not fire right up instead of cranking for a while if Megashift is controlling spark and fuel?

It's pretty messed up. If I start the car right away the tach won't work the idle control won't work the fuel pump shuts off. If I bypass the fuel pump then after a min or two the sport light will start flashing.

The ecu is checking that the cam is in the right place if it gets no signal what so ever it will start after 6 seconds part or a limp home mode

Just disconnect your cam sensors and see how the car starts

Ah... so there really is no easy way around it short of a conversion to drive by wire, and IAC valve... and even then...

does cruise control work? :lol:

Ah... so there really is no easy way around it short of a conversion to drive by wire, and IAC valve... and even then...

does cruise control work? :lol:

for cruise control i think maybe either megasquirt could control a drive by wire or at least hold throttle.

or go with throttle cable and then use a cruise control aftermarket kit.

At 5,500' ASL we can spool a 35r around 4200rpm with E85 and power climbs to redline. At sea level, sub 4000rpm should be possible and with a proper sized wastegate, power should still climb or at worst, plateau.

True statements, but may I add the required 4th gear high load scenario.

None of these will spool anywhere close to that in 2nd gear, which is used a whole lot for many DDs in the city.

You can't use much more than 300hp in 2nd gear in any real world legit scenario. You'll end up in someone's trunk if you do. So there is no reason to spool a 35r so low in low gears... except cause it's fun.

edit: Most big HP cars don't hit target boost till 3rd

Edited by mwiener2

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

i think i solved my cruse light and starting issues !!

i jsut need a 2.5 I ecm .. ( or dare program 2.5i rom to 2.5gt computer ? )

on my 2.5 i i can start the car with the cam sensor removed instantly ! :)

seams the 2.5 i doesn't do the timming checks that the 2.5 gt does at each start up!

does some one have a spare ecu that they could try sending the 2.5 i program into a 2.5 gt ecu ?

any body have a 2.5 i ecu for me ?

Could be because that SOHC motor has no AVCS and therefore the ECU basically 'knows' where the cams are from the crank signal?

Turbo and n/a ECUs are quite different eh... totally different number of tables and memory addresses for them. And, relatively few n/a ECUs have been defined...

Legacy 2.5i

05 E2ZJ101B# (MT/AT)*, E2ZJ141B# (MT/AT)*, E2ZJ173B# (MT/AT)*

06 E2VG221B# (MT/AT)*

08 EZ1D105C (MT)*, EZ1D201D (AT)*

09 EZ1D302B (AT)*, EZ1D302C (MT)*, EZ1D302D (AT)*

Usually it's the numbers that are really, really close that are on the same hardware platform and might not brick if you flash another ROM to them...

Legacy GT

05 A2WC500C (AT)*, A2WC500N (MT)*, A2WC510C (AT)*, A2WC510N (MT)*, A2WC511C (AT)*, A2WC511N (MT)*, A2WC521C (AT)*, A2WC521N (MT)*, A2WC522N (MT)*

06 A2WF200C (AT)*, A2WF200N (MT)*

07 A2UG000C (AT)*, A2UG000N (MT)*, A2UI001C (AT)*

08 A2TB000N (MT)*

Legacy/Outback GT/XT

08 A2TB001C (AT)*

08/09 A2TB001N (MT)*

That doesn't look similar enough to me. Maybe if you have your own rig to unbrick them via shboot you could try it. Otherwise, better have Colby standing by with a hot soldering iron. ;)

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

i think just swap in a used 2.5 i ecm .. should be cheap to come by ?

i would think the harness would plug right in ? i would then put a 5 mt cluster in

i also wonder if the 2.5 i ecm would talk to a 5 eat tcu ?