LegacyGT.com

Did some upgrades today then realized maybe I am too old

I'm closing in on 55 and @ AP stage 1 and in on the ERZ/CNT dp & Infamous1 GB. Will be putting on AOS and tranny cooler soon and going to redo the grille with a CF look. Must be something in the air we breath here in the CO Rockies that keeps us old farts young at heart.

Keep on rockin' in the free world, 7k!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is awesome, I respect you just for that. I don't like the stereotypes that gets slapped on people! I would be proud of you!

That, and my dad just bought himself a new Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Lime Rock Green(think bright metallic lime gren), and he's almost 60. Yeah lots of people have lots to say, but I thought it was pretty cool(except being green).

Be proud!

im 22 with an 05 lgt 62k miles and my gf's 06 spec. b 26k one paid off the spec. b just got. my father is 51 he let me use his auto lgt as a dd i have driven sti fast but not apealing interior. anyway he felt cramped in the seats he sold it at 35k and now owns a 2010 genises black v8 4 door 423hp. if you want a upgrade that genises or audi v8 track would seem to be a comon ground to test drive. but having driven alot from c6 lingenfelter corvette to 3000gt vr4 450hp... legacy is mild with a bang ... stick with it and go blitz best bang for your buck.

I just turned 55. No 'vette, Camaro or other "good old days" fartmobile for me. (My good old days were with Datsun 510's and 240z's). I'll never be too old to be fascinated with cars, as opposed to wheeled appliances. My next car will be an STi.

I do all of my own work (except for warranty), too. I'll stop when they pry the wrench out of my cold dead fingers! :lol:

you need to talk to Jagcars. :lol: he may have you beat. and if I remember correctly he's got some mods done to his car.

!

Thank you c-lo :rolleyes:;)

Yea I'm a tad over 60 and like c-lo said my 05 GT wagon is somewhat modded.

Stg 2 with a custom tune on the AP,full catless exhaust,complete Cusco bar setup (upper, lower),AVO endlinks,HD Bilsteins with JDM hats and some other stuff I can't remember at the moment.(age sucks :lol:)

You are only as old as you feel.

Good luck with your car OP :)

ps,my last car was an 04 STi doing 12s in the 1/4 mile.:)

sigh...my idle. :lol:

Thank you c-lo :rolleyes:;)

Yea I'm a tad over 60 and like c-lo said my 05 GT wagon is somewhat modded.

Stg 2 with a custom tune on the AP,full catless exhaust,complete Cusco bar setup (upper, lower),AVO endlinks,HD Bilsteins with JDM hats and some other stuff I can't remember at the moment.(age sucks :lol:)

You are only as old as you feel.

Good luck with your car OP :)

ps,my last car was an 04 STi doing 12s in the 1/4 mile.:)

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Bob Lutz turned in some pretty bad-ass times for a 78 year old retired auto exec in a CTS-V during that comparison with the m3 with professional drivers.

I don't care for Lutz as a businessman or spokesman, but he and Carol Shelby are great examples of how age has no bearing on a love of a bad-ass car.

I just turned 53 and am still digging it. Age is simply a number - everything else is attitude.

Where in Castle Rock? We recently moved from Castle Rock back to the midwest, lived up by the Rec Center.

Installed an SPT catback and reflashed to Cobb stage 1 today on an otherwise stock spec.b. Sound is great and for the first time the acceleration is smooth as silk. I was feeling pretty good till I looked at a poll on the polling forum (lease vs. buy and age) and noticed that there is no one in the legacygt group over age 56 (and I am almost 60!).

Should I sell this thing and get something more befitting my age? Like an old Cadillac Fleetwood or a Toyota Avalon? I am planning on going stage 2 when my warranty is up if I'm not in a nursing home by then :icon_sad:.

rick

There is no old age here, tell my an 70+ years old gent driving a 370z I saw at the dealer is old. Nice car btw

That is awesome, I respect you just for that. I don't like the stereotypes that gets slapped on people! I would be proud of you!

That, and my dad just bought himself a new Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Lime Rock Green(think bright metallic lime green), and he's almost 60. Yeah lots of people have lots to say, but I thought it was pretty cool(except being green).

Be proud!

It's not easy being green...:icon_mrgr

To the OP...51 here, and I am just discovering this whole new amazing world of Legacy mods! Can't wait to learn/try more...

There is a guy here in asheville who has a sti w/ roll cage 10in wide tires and built engine who has got to be close to 70 who tracks the car at road atl and vir. he runs the local auto cross and come in first almost every time. its funny to see some one older tearing up the road in a stereo typical kid racer car

Originally Posted by Windy Road http://legacygt.com/forums/../skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

Age is only a number http://legacygt.com/forums/../images/smilies/smile.gif

I'm 22 and own a legacy, might be one of the youngest here lol.

im younger than u...haha

I bought my legacy at 18 and still loving it, now im sooo close to 21

too old...ha...never....you give us younger guys hope in knowing that it will be ok to be

60 and still enjoying ''younger" cars. keep doing what your doing and enjoy life ....don't let anyone tell you different....unless it's you doctor....lmao.

My dad is 56 and not a car person but every change he gets he wants to drive my LGT or even my Si.

Geeeezers Unite!!!

Man after my own heart! Soon to be 43 here and my "good old days" consisted of going out of my way to beat any 510 or 240Z I could find. Stayed away from the modded rx-3s though.

1973 Toyota Celica, JDM twincam 18RGR, 11.5:1, 288/304 HKS cams, HKS gear drive, Dual 50mm Weber sidedrafts (had 44mm Mikunis but needed something bigger), Toysport header, HKS 12lb flywheel, TRD racing clutch, front struts out of a 1976 for it's larger brakes, 5spd, 87' Celica GTS seats, 87' Celica independant rear end w/disc brakes and 4:10. Straight pipe with a flowmaster. Dyno'd at 235hp an weighed 1900 lbs. This was number 4 of 4, last one I owned.

Hahaha... that just felt gooood to share. It's been a while.

I just turned 55. No 'vette, Camaro or other "good old days" fartmobile for me. (My good old days were with Datsun 510's and 240z's). I'll never be too old to be fascinated with cars, as opposed to wheeled appliances. My next car will be an STi.

I do all of my own work (except for warranty), too. I'll stop when they pry the wrench out of my cold dead fingers! :lol:

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Holy Crapnuggets Batman! I just realized that my now 12 yr old son may drive my LGT as his first car!! :eek:
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

When I was a young BrooklynBoy , I always wished for a sports car. Now as an older BrooklynBoy (54) I'm close to my dream with my spec B----even closer when I begin the power mods !

To all the younger people on this forum , a bit of insight to your future.......Your brain doesn't change as you age ! You still wake up every morning with the same thoughts you had when you were 20 ......and you don't realize you're older until you look in the mirror (or try to do something really really strenuous--lets face it----things begin to wear out with age ! )

To the OP : Don't you dare sell your car or feel bad about modding !

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Archived