LegacyGT.com

Second Generation Legacy Suspension FAQ

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was your idea, look at the top of the page ;)

another way to raise is to add metal to the bottom mount part or put spacers in. im working on the bottom part. let me explain. you know there are two bolts the connect the shocks to the car. welllll if you mount the shock 'up one hole' and then add metal to reach the bottom bolt. thats about a 2 inch lift. only problem is that 2 inches is alot and it might be bad for the axles..... confirm??

• 2 weeks later...
im pretty sure the BL/BPs use a different rear set-up from the second gens, so i dont thingk those would work. to lift it i would look into second gen forester bits or lift kits designed for the GD imprezas

Yeah, that's what I figured. Damn stock suspension is blown and I can't decide if I want to leave my Baja wheels on and lift it or put my LGT wheels on and lower it... You know there's no way I can stay stock.

mine looks just slightly lower than with the stock suspension now that i have the "05 STi springs on, about 2.5-3 fingers gap vs. the 4 fingers it was before lowering it with the s-techs. im MUCH happier with this ride hight and the ride quality.

I don't think this was covered but will 1st gen (1993-2001) impreza springs fit our 2nd gen legs?

Im assuming yes because my friend with a 98 impreza has I believe STI struts and prodrive springs off of a newer style impreza.

Lemme know cause I have an oportunity to get some stuff for super cheap and this car i just bought needs suspension ASAP!

Can I run KYB-GR2's for a 97 LGT with 04 sti springs? If not what springs would be good to go with? I don't want to drop more than an inch.

the STi springs will work fine but you will also need to pick up '04-07 STi rear top hats. the STi springs with the GR2s should be a pretty nice combo :) the drop would be maybe an inch at most.

how much higher are we talking with the outback suspension versus the forester suspension?

this i am not sure, i havent actually seen a legacy on forester suspension that i can remember but i know it is possible. i would assume that the fozz stuff might be *slightly* higher than the outback bits but again, i am not sure.

Archived