LegacyGT.com

New Subaru variant of Subyota Coupe will not get AWD

MarcusDubya77

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Toyota has a small interest in Subaru and has very little control over the direction of the company. Subaru is designing bland cars because that is what sells. The sales speak for themselves. Subaru has decided to go mainstream and you can't go mainstream with small, funky, performance cars because they don't sell in large numbers.

Tell that to Mazda about their Miata. :hide:

453747.png

Why does the front clip have to look like a squinting miata ready to give a giant angry BJ????

This car is welcome to fellate me. I'll let it live in my garage in exchange.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

• 4 weeks later...

http://images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/05/Toyota-165111151467021600x1060.jpg

Toyobaru Shapes Up (TTAC)

But now, with Toyota finalizing the production look of its eagerly-anticipated sports coupe, we’re finally getting a good look at the FT-86′s production-ready proportions, if not its approved styling cues. And by the looks of it, it’s a clean, conventional coupe with just enough of a convention-defying low-hood look (enabled by Subaru’s boxer engine) to avoid looking like a scaled-down Z.

Spy Photos: Scion FR-S Prototype With Sport Body Kit (Inside Line)

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/assets/w_FT86_sport_BP_may11_priddy3.JPG

More Details on the 2012 Toyobaru (Inside Line)

• Toyota and Subaru plan to formally unveil their versions of the jointly developed "Toyobaru" sports coupe in December at the 2011 Tokyo Auto Show.

• Production of the Subaru coupe starts in spring 2012, with U.S. sales to begin soon after.

• Toyota will market its version of the car in North America as the Scion FR-S.

i wonder how annoyed the test drivers are having to deal with cameras wherever they drive....

and haha i just noticed the "Get more G's" tennis ball on the radio antenna on the car.

its to give away that its the subie

• I Donated
What were the differences going to be between the two again? Maybe my eye isn't too good for this, but those two look like practically the same car.

one is two door - and one is four door. They look nothing alike to me.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

i wonder how annoyed the test drivers are having to deal with cameras wherever they drive....

Probably not that big a deal. They're probably running the cars in areas that see a lot of test vehicle activity anyway. I see a LOT of test vehicles in Colorado, and it's to the point that I don't hardly pay attention anymore. It does lead to some strange sightings though. Here are a few that come to mind off the top of my head.

Coming back from Skiing a few months ago, I saw what was obviously a Honda Crosstour covered up over every badge and camo'd around every opening (vents, fogs, etc). No idea what the point of the camo was since it pretty much looked identical to a current production Crosstour

In March, I pulled into a gas station in Brush, CO where every single pump had a test vehicle filling up. 4 or 5 Dodge mules (trucks and sedans) and 4 Fiats (all same models in various trim).

Saw a string of Audi test mules in various camo heading south on Highway 13? towards Silverthorne, CO sometime over the winter

Last August, I stayed in Durango where a fleet of M-B test vehicles were staying. I'm pretty sure that an E-Coupe AMG is in the works. They had the test mule parked immediately next to a current production E-Coupe. The mule was under a cover, but I could clearly see that the mule was decked out in wheels and some other tidbits that seemed to indicate AMG. I had a friend that worked for M-B product development in San Francisco, and when I told her about what I saw, she laughed pretty hard and would neither confirm nor deny that the AMG E-Coupe was in the works.

In February this year, JDMChizad and I saw a few of the mules for the latest Chrysler 300 in final production trim.

Many others ... as I said, those are just a few that come to mind. I notice them because I see that stuff with cars, but 99.9% of folks don't give it a second thought.

Archived