LegacyGT.com

New Subaru variant of Subyota Coupe will not get AWD

MarcusDubya77

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Subaru has hit a spot between the Genesis and the BMW 128i, while lining up right next to the Miata Price wise. These three cars are the closest to BRZ is style and class. Out of the box the BRZ has the potential to out handle them and has a P/W advantage as well. The Genesis coupe has a better aftermarket potential power wise, but it will still be a heavier car with a higher center of gravity.

If you want to spend the extra cash the 370z is the obvious next step up as far as I'm concerned. If you want more HP and better stop light performance you have the American trio of coupes to choose from at competitive price points in various stages of trim.

I hope they don't drag their feet on the convertible model. I'll head to a dealership come spring to drive a BRZ for sure.

Although a turbo would be one option to add power, perhaps a H6 direct injection engine would be another option? They were able to stretch the EJ series engine without much difficulty. Will this be the case for the new engine platform, maybe not since it looks like they are starting with a timing chain on the 2.0L FA.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

EZ30/36 are already chain driven. Chain or not I don't think it matters much for "stretching". But in case of H-6 chain is better because it takes less space.

Saw this posted on NASIOC

BMW M3 (E30)

2 door coupe

195 hp (6750 rpm)

170 ft lbs (4600 rpm)

4cyl 2,302 cc displacement

6.9 seconds 0-62 mph (0-100kmh)

143 mph top speed

2,724 lbs weight lbs

$34,900 retail in U.S.

Subaru BRZ

2 door coupe

200 hp (7000 rpm)

150 ft lbs (6300 rpm)

4cyl 1,998 cc displacement

under 7 seconds 0-60 mph

143 mph top speed

2,690 lbs weight lbs

$25,000 (est) retail in U.S.

The BRZ has the same wheelbase, is 3" shorter, 4" wider, and 3" closer to the ground. It weighs a little less. The M3's hp and torque are probably a little less under today's numbers considering the 2008 SAE revisions, but even still it's pretty close. Torque is down a bit, but the E30's torque delivery was peaky, and the BRZ is said to have a very broad torque range. Auto enthusiast and BMW drivers still lament the backwards direction the M3 is going in and talk about the E30 M3. For the BRZ's price tag, it will more than fit the bill as a great reincarnation.

That would make sense after seeing this picture:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/09/07-subaru-brz.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Probably a deal breaker for a lot of people.

The lack of other 2013 models on the tire racks website? Or are you responding to the original post in this nearly two-year-old thread?

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

• 2 weeks later...

Archived