Another 5eat to 6mt/5mt swap questions. (05+ LGT) thread

crrider80

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The whole interior body harness down to the fuse box.

Keep in mind if that is the route you are taking for your 5mt swap, you will still need a 5MT gauge cluster, ECU, Key Fob antenna, and ignition switch from a donor car. Not saying it couldn't be done, it would just add a lot of cost to your swap. It would be nice to have the correct gauge cluster though!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have a couple questions... would all this still hold true for a 07 LGT? Or is this mainly for the 05/06 LGT? Im not sure how many differences there are between the 05/06 & 07+ but I know there are a few. So I wanna make sure before I even start to think about doing a swap like this.

• 4 weeks later...
Just to clarify, the auto starter will work? Will a wrx/sti pedal box work? And are we sure that the gauge cluster HAS to be swapped out if we swap out the ecu,ignition,immobilizer for a 5mt one? Also, what about the BIU? Does that have to be swapped out from the donor car as well? Or, is the BIU the same thing as the immobilizer? Thanks. Edited by wrxtacy2003

For you guys considering doing this swap I have most everything you need to make this work. Cluster, ECU, steering column with ignition switch & key, starter, pedals and a complete wiring harness from an '05 5-speed.

I would really like to get rid of this stuff.

PM if interested.

I would say $800 to $1000 in labor to do a 5 speed swap to the point I have done in my vehicle now. I am running the auto ecu, with no CEL, fully functioning ABS, auto cluster (fully functioning, with the ERR message that pops up on the trip meter). Cruise is the only non-working option.

Six speed swap would be on the higher side as there is a little more labor involved there.

I would want the car for 2-3 days to be safe (just in case we were missing some parts).

I would be willing to try to swap over all the goodies (manual ECU, cluster, etc.) but this would take some trial and error time including a tow to the dealer once the items were installed to have everything reprogrammed to work together. Unless someone wants to get the immobilizer, key, ecu, cluster, and abs module from one donor car and we could try that without it leaving the shop. Most salvage yards won't give you the key which is the real pain. I would need the car quite a bit longer to do it that way and figure everything out.

I would say $800 to $1000 in labor to do a 5 speed swap to the point I have done in my vehicle now. I am running the auto ecu, with no CEL, fully functioning ABS, auto cluster (fully functioning, with the ERR message that pops up on the trip meter). Cruise is the only non-working option.

Six speed swap would be on the higher side as there is a little more labor involved there.

I would want the car for 2-3 days to be safe (just in case we were missing some parts).

I would be willing to try to swap over all the goodies (manual ECU, cluster, etc.) but this would take some trial and error time including a tow to the dealer once the items were installed to have everything reprogrammed to work together. Unless someone wants to get the immobilizer, key, ecu, cluster, and abs module from one donor car and we could try that without it leaving the shop. Most salvage yards won't give you the key which is the real pain. I would need the car quite a bit longer to do it that way and figure everything out.

That's a great price for labor considering the work involved!

I have a few more questions....

1. Does the transmission out of the nonturbo legacy fit the GT?

2. If I was to do the 06 STI Swap..would I need to get the manual ECU/Cluster etc from the manual LGT or would I be able to ground the pin in the ECU like normal? How would this work?

3. Where can I source a MT for the car? Ive tried ebay but all Ive found is the tranny for nonturbo.

I have a few more questions....

1. Does the transmission out of the nonturbo legacy fit the GT?

2. If I was to do the 06 STI Swap..would I need to get the manual ECU/Cluster etc from the manual LGT or would I be able to ground the pin in the ECU like normal? How would this work?

3. Where can I source a MT for the car? Ive tried ebay but all Ive found is the tranny for nonturbo.

No idea. If the non-turbo tranny fits. Check out http://www.car-part.com for a used Legacy turbo transmission.

ESP, would you happen to have the oem 5eat downpipe?? Looking for one.

Sorry, my notifications are all messed up.

That one is long gone. I sold it a long time ago to finance my Bullseye rotated turbo setup!

Do you still have those TGV deletes?

-Dave