LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its been a couple months and ive done a few road trips and when they look great in pics, in person not so much. plus I'm sick of people lying. body perfect, no leaks and when i get there banged up with oil everywhere...:uh: But yes, luckily I'm not in a hurry...

• 2 weeks later...
that's kind of what i was thinking. i can't find them anywhere and i don't have the extra cash to buy the newer ones that are everywhere, and i'm not much of a forester fan, and those are everywhere too. wrx's are kind of rare too, but i don't have the money for those either. i wish i kept my '03 wrx. lol. i have to have another suby, and i think this '98 legacy is gonna be mine! i have been hearing great things about the EJ22 motors. i know 190k is a lot of miles, but i hear that is just the breaking in period for suby's!

I think it'd be fine. I have a '96 L wagon and it has 150k on it and it doesn't have any problems. The nice thing is that it has the 2.2 which is pretty much bullet proof. You don't have to worry about headgaskets. You will need to check out all the fluids because they may need to be changed, hopefully someone did the timing belt around 100k.

Well I was the high bidder at 2950 but I didn't meet the reserve even though he told me it was 2900. But I bet he still sells it to me at that price. I still think it's a good deal but sucks he prob would have sold it for less but some idiot 0-feedback bidder bid it up to 2900 and he's bid on 75 vehicles in the past month and had 10 bid retractions. So it seems like he just bids cars up to be an idiot. Oh well, I hope to be driving this home this weekend or next. I love Subarus! And that means I'll be posting a lot more on here. I used to post a lot on nasioc.com when I had my WRX.

Wow! Still original engine and tranny?

Yep. I bought it 4 years ago in excellent shape from the original owner at 160K. He was asking $2,700 and I (foolishly, perhaps) told him he had it priced too low. He insisted he'd researched values and that was a fair price so I jumped right on it. He gave me all his maintenance records and all he'd done was routine stuff.

He must've done all the gaskets and whatnot before you bought it. What maintenance stuff have you gone through? Just regular stuff over the +150k that you've put on it?

Just the kind of stuff you'd expect. Clutch, timing belt, ball joints, brakes, etc.. No major engine work which is surprising because it spends a lot of time getting rattled on dirt roads.