LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rshaw123, as long as it works it is fine. My dad and I are going to be swapping some engines pretty soon. I was hoping for this week but he just bought a 2010 SLP575 Camaro so all of the plans for that have been put on hold until him and my mom go to New York and come back with the car. I'm getting really tired of waiting and waiting for something to get done on the cars..

rshaw123, as long as it works it is fine. My dad and I are going to be swapping some engines pretty soon. I was hoping for this week but he just bought a 2010 SLP575 Camaro so all of the plans for that have been put on hold until him and my mom go to New York and come back with the car. I'm getting really tired of waiting and waiting for something to get done on the cars..

Yeah I understand, Ive been waiting for my cousin to be free to help me. My car has been sitting in my yard untouched for 3 months and hopefully it will be done this weekend

It sucks when you just have to sit there are think about what could be getting done to the car while it is in your yard. Luckily both of the cars I need are in two different areas so I don't sit and think about it. The '95 that I have sat for 2 1/2 years and finally about 2 weeks ago I got a key made for it and started it up and drove it.

It seems like I'm changing my oil all the time... I've been thinking about switching to synthetic to bring my OCI up to around 6000 miles. Would be a lot nicer.

Synthetic shouldn't be bad for it... And if it is I can get another engine for about $150 and replace it myself in a few hours.

I drive 3000 miles in a month or 2 lately... It's getting better, but over last winter I was doing an oil change ever month...

I thought the deal with synthetic was it didn't degrade as fast and therefor you could run a longer OCI.

I just use regular oil and I get my oil changed every month and half. I drive roughly 2,000 miles a month now.

rshaw123, I hope you get your Subaru fixed up soon!

There is an Outback that popped up on craigslist here in Sandpoint and it has 214,000 for $2,400. I'm half tempted to go look at it even though I probably wouldn't buy it.

That's a lot for that many miles! What's the deal with synthetic if I can't change my oil every 6k or so? that would be so much more convenient... Also, isn't synthetic better for a care that's just sitting not being used? Because my Legacy isn't going much this winter, it has bald tires and I have my lifted GL now for winter use.

Yeah I wouldn't even give the guy 2 grand for that car.. In his ad he says it runs but needs about $800 worth of work for it to be in tip top shape. Who is going to pay $2,400 for a car with 214,000 miles then turn around and have to put $800 into it. You can buy a lower mileage car for $3,200.

I've never used sythetics. My dad works at a car dealership so I just say I need an oil change and I get them for free. We always use regular oil in everything. My mom's Yukon XL has 191k on it and it is fine.

Edited by 98LGTLover

Same here. Would should be fine going 5k on a synthetic oil change but for some reason I get to 4k and feel like im hurting my car so I change the oil lol. My dad makes fun of me all the time for it. makes me feel good inside tho

I just use regular oil and I get my oil changed every month and half. I drive roughly 2,000 miles a month now.

rshaw123, I hope you get your Subaru fixed up soon!

There is an Outback that popped up on craigslist here in Sandpoint and it has 214,000 for $2,400. I'm half tempted to go look at it even though I probably wouldn't buy it.

Yeah I'm hoping too, the car for having only 145k has been a complete pain since I bought it. But the car should be done this weekend. I have found a few nice Subarus around where I live but because I am in college, I really didn't have the cash for them at that moment.

Yeah, my Subaru that I have right now is really great. Never gives me issues which is good because I commute 100 miles round trip two days a week. But the headgaskets still haven't gone yet so that is the only thing I have to worry about.

My 96 does awesome!

It takes a beating and keeps on running just fine!! haha. I don't abuse it... But I definitely drive it for all it's worth from time to time, drifting corners, etc. I have a long hilly dirt driveway I like to drift.

But I also do thousands of mile road trips with it and it does perfectly fine.