LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

Yeah, my Subaru that I have right now is really great. Never gives me issues which is good because I commute 100 miles round trip two days a week. But the headgaskets still haven't gone yet so that is the only thing I have to worry about.

yeah my car probably should have been in the junk yard by now but I keep digging deeper in my pockets and fixing it. The car so far I have changed the head gaskets twice (two different motors), the car is currently on its third motor since I have owned it, and a rebuilt transmission. Also all of the little maintenance that is required for a 13 year old car

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That would be your best bet. At least you'd be able to get some of your money back that way. Right now I'm just saving for a newer Legacy GT. I'd love to get a turbo charged one but my parents don't want it on their insurance.

Yeah I'm saving for a bugeye or even a blobeye impreza wrx but I dont know

Should I be nervous selling my perfectly reliable 01 Deville with 85k miles, to buy a 98 Outback 5spd with 140K miles? I kind of am because my wife and I are saving to buy a house and don't want to put ton's of $ up for repairs....

Yeah I'm thinking about a bug eye also. If I save next spring I'll be able to get one but my parents don't know if they want me to have something turbo because I already drive to fast with an NA engine lol

I really wouldn't be nervous about that Outback. YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO MAKE SURE THE HEADGASKETS WERE DONE, ALONG WITH THE TIMING BELT AND WATER PUMP. You will screw yourself over if you buy the car without those things already being done because they are costly if they haven't been done.

Edited by 98LGTLover

Should I be nervous selling my perfectly reliable 01 Deville with 85k miles, to buy a 98 Outback 5spd with 140K miles? I kind of am because my wife and I are saving to buy a house and don't want to put ton's of $ up for repairs....

I love my '98 Outback! BUT, headgaskets go at about 140-170k miles...

Yeah however I don't make enough money to pay my own insurance so.... Yeah, I just gotta roll with what I can and as long as I don't get a ticket I don't have to pay for insurance.. They think insurance will be bad on a turbo car I want.. Wait until my dad gets his SLP575 Camaro insured. That is going to be really high!

Insurance is really bad on the WRX. It's high up on the list of high insurance cars.

I can afford insurance on my legacy and GL (outback is sorta a family car, so I don't pay for it). But insurance on a wrx would run me like 2 grand a year. I'd love to do a turbo swap in my legacy though...

I've talked to my dad about getting a Subaru with a manual (I talk to my dad about all this stuff because he is a genius with cars and I'm not) and all he ever says to me is "why do you need one?" "The car you have is just fine" That is what I hear every time.

I have been looking around at other cars.. All kinds of other cars and I have never thought about selling my GT. My plan was always to keep it. My little sister is going to be driving soon and she wants the GT. I want to get a car with a stick but I don't want to give my sister the GT lol