LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same here. In Maine it isn't uncommon to see subarus with over 300k on them. I know a bunch of people with 07 and 08 with around 130k-140k!!! Maine is big and spread out so wide miles rack up like crazy.

we'll it was my neighbor's (he's retired..60's) and didn't want to deal with the clutch anymore. I had always wanted the car cuz he serviced it religiously and was the only owner. he gave it to me for 5K (and honestly i wouldn't sell it for anything less than 10K) but it's definately not for sale! :lol:

I inherited mine from my Mom, for my son, it's 98 legacy GT limited, just turned 84K. I love it when retired people are willing to keep a car in the family :)

btw. she replaced it with a 2011 legacy, it's a beautiful car but its so refined now, it seems to be missing some of the uniqueness of the old 98.

I love my '98. Feels like a better quality car to me than the '10+. I can't stand the plasticy interior of the new Legacy. The feel of the steering wheel and the dash are of much better quality in my car. Even my old Honda's interior didn't hold up as well as my '98. Even all three of my '05 Subies can't match the quality.

About to hit 137k so im taking it up to the shop sometime after christmas to fix some stuff on it. With the help of christmas i'll have some money to get new tires, fix cv joint, maybe rear brakes. Hopefully it doesn't run me to much. After that, its bronze rims, Header, Hi-Flow Cat, Muffler, and a Cold Air Intake FTW.

One local trip since last post. I must have been just under 106,100 last time, just turned that today.

91,000...June 2009 (when purchased)

98,000...February 2010

101,500...June 2010

103,000...August 2010

104,500...October 2010

106,000...Late October 2010 (1,500 miles was only three days of driving)

106,100...Early November 2010

106,900...Mid December 2010

Yeah...really racked them up over the last month and a half...huh....LOL.

I replaced timing belt and water pump at 92k. My water pump seized and made a big mess of everything three hours away from home.

when is the best time to change the timing belt/water pump for my '99 lgt. it's got the 2.5 and I heard somewhere that with that engine u need to fix it sooner because if it goes ur engine is shot. my car only has 64K miles (crazy) but my friend who works in parts at my local subi dealership said 60K miles or 10 years, both of which have come and gone. He said it would be ok to run the car for like another 10-20K miles if I don't take her past 4-5K rpm's. If i kept the tach under that amount could I run it for that many miles?