LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Audio/Video Clip Compilation Thread - 2.5i Edition

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@nrankin81: I'm planning on doing something similiar with my 09 2.5i

I was thinkin about taking it all out (stock) and running new piping but not sure thats in my budget b/c it would all have to be mand. bent.

Stock 2.25" is already mand. bent so I'm thinkin about just throwin some mufflers and tips on the back. Looked at flowmaster and found the series 60 mufflers for 4 and 6 cylndr cars. they have a video of a miata and it sounds decent. (heard lots of bad news about flowmaster products though) called borla last week and they rep suggested the "turbo" muffler. not many vids online with them tho, but I know borla makes a quality product. still have not looked at magnaflow but keeping my eyes open for the right set up.

As indicated on the videos, they are just the axle-backs (mufflers). No point in doing a whole cat-back for a stock 2.5i engine cause you'd just be paying a bunch of money to lose low-end torque :lol:

Luckily I bought the axle-back locally used for only $350 :)

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know anything about the Tsudo Axle-Backs?

I've heard they give it a nice deep sound but I want to make sure since they are so damn cheap to begin with. Pretty sure they are Greddy imitations?

The Tsudo for your Legacy will give the same note as a Stock Impreza with that exhaust installed as the Impreza and Legacy share the exhaust layout for that model year. The Tsudo with a UEL header is LOUD.

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone has a soundclip or video of their 2.5i with straight pipes from the axel back I would love to hear it. I am thinking of doing this and just having the local muffler shop weld me up something nice. I would like to hear this from a car that has even length headers, and being stock would be a plus too since my car is bone stock.

It is my DREAM to have my 2.5i to sound as this one does. I don't understand at all how I would get this and how much it would cost. Do you have to modify the ej20k headers or do they just bolt up? If anyone can go into detail on any of this that would be very helpful...

• 3 weeks later...

Ok noobie question (SORRY)...

so just want to summarize what I read, best option is to do axle-back exhaust rather than cat-back (as it loses low-end torque)?

Would changing the headers modify performance at all or just add better rumblin sound?

Yes, axle-back or welding on universal mufflers is your best bet to get some sound. Changing from your current equal length headers to unequal length headers will give you the classic Subaru rumble, though power difference is negligible.

• 1 month later...