LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Audio/Video Clip Compilation Thread - 2.5i Edition

I don't think the tips are too bad, compared to say the Greddy Evo2 or STI Genomes :lol: the muffler section is definitely on the chunky side though. Oh well, I got a great deal on them locally, quality is great, and sounds great :)

I originally wanted the Prodrives but they were pricey when they were still available new, and a rare piece now.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a video of my setup.

LGT Magnaflow Catback, 18" Vibrant Resonator, ?? silencers in tips.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqUpIypBDng]YouTube- 05 2.5i LGT magnaflows[/ame]

has outside, standstill, and highway

Although, in reality it sounds a bit louder in the car, then it does in the video.

Old owner also had a magnaflow resonator in there, but I took it out because of fitment issues, and also wanted it a bit louder.

Personally I like this setup, it's not too loud, and on wagons usually are louder then sedans, so it is ok for me.

It is a bit louder in the car then the video makes it out to be.

Also cdn, I brought a dB meter with me in the car, and it never went above 100. Stayed around 80-95 the whole time, although it is an older one so I'm not sure how great it is

Last edit..whole system is painted in VHT, cans are black. Stock tips, which are meant for sedans. May get them extended at some point, but for now its fine.

Edited by sulk

blackfang has the SPT catback bolted on without any modification. The exhaust note will only sound like an LGT if you have unequal length headers though, which were only used for the 2005 model.

blackfang has the SPT catback bolted on without any modification. The exhaust note will only sound like an LGT if you have unequal length headers though, which were only used for the 2005 model.

Thanks,

I've been waiting for an UEL header to come out. Once that comes around I'll be grabbing the exhaust as well. Either the SPT or bosal catback. Like the sound of both of them.

• 5 weeks later...

uploading new exhaust video with the hks silent hi-power mufflers.

without uel headers. soon will be back in the car with operated stock cans

drive-by in industrial area

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzlFnCT5oEw&hd=1]YouTube- ‪Legacy 2.0R HKS Mufflers Drive-by‬‎[/ame]

Edited by cybonic

So if you have an 05 and bolt on an after market exhaust, would it sound just like it does on GT since 05s have UEL header? All the videos for 05 sound as if they have EL headers. Could somebody explain this to me? I am a possible future owner of 2.5i and though it might sound childish, the exhaust note would be a really important purchasing decision for me. Thanks.

So if you have an 05 and bolt on an after market exhaust, would it sound just like it does on GT since 05s have UEL header? All the videos for 05 sound as if they have EL headers. Could somebody explain this to me? I am a possible future owner of 2.5i and though it might sound childish, the exhaust note would be a really important purchasing decision for me. Thanks.

2005 Legacy 2.5i used the older style OEM Manifold for N/A Subaru's which is easily replaced by the aftermarket Borla UEL header:

http://www.boxer4racing.com/images/borla/rsheader.jpg

These give that signature Subaru (LGT) sound. If you are unfortunate enough to have bought 2006 or newer you have the all-in-one EL manifold :http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/GEE-OTTO/Modifications/hdr8.jpg

This manifold CAN be swapped with the UEL above however you will need to modify the mid pipe to mate to it correctly

There are a few videos there with the stock 05 header, and catbacks. although the 05 is slightly uel, it probably will be hard to hear any of the uel qualities from youtube videos.

Even mine is hard to hear though in person it sounds more like it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

great thread, will probably never get around to doing the exhaust but it looks like to get any major difference you have to switch to UEL.

THANKS for making more info available for the 2.5i. we should have more a prescnece considering we make up most of the market, even though we aren't as performance oriented.