LegacyGT.com

Legacys New and Old in Houston?

JS_Airforce

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Houston LGTs, I'm debating on buying the STS from subarupartswarehouse.com and was wondering if any of you knew a shop that could put it in. I called West Houston Subaru, and they were trying to charge me ~$375 because they said it would take them 3.5hrs to put it in. From reading the install directions I think they are overcharging by a bit. I would try to do it myself but with a relatively young baby, my time is pretty limited right now.

Hey Houston LGTs, I'm debating on buying the STS from subarupartswarehouse.com and was wondering if any of you knew a shop that could put it in. I called West Houston Subaru, and they were trying to charge me ~$375 because they said it would take them 3.5hrs to put it in. From reading the install directions I think they are overcharging by a bit. I would try to do it myself but with a relatively young baby, my time is pretty limited right now.

Is this just the shift lever or does this include the linkages below? I've installed the kartboy STS and also replaced my front and rear shift bushings with urethane bushings. It's not too difficult. I'm in Katy. Let me know if you want help.

Is this just the shift lever or does this include the linkages below? I've installed the kartboy STS and also replaced my front and rear shift bushings with urethane bushings. It's not too difficult. I'm in Katy. Let me know if you want help.

Hey the_3d_man it is this part: C1010AJ100 https://estore.subarupartswarehouse.com/subaruParts/index.cfm?action=accessories&makeid=32&manufacturerid=1001&catalogid=205&categoryid=0&subcat1=0&subcat2=0&subcat3=0&subcat4=0&subcat5=0&modelid=657&siteid=217823&itemid=12854&jointvehid=13214&startyear=2010&startrow=1&partnumber=&description=&overlayExtids=&overlayIntids=&retval=%2FSubaruparts%2Findex.cfm%3Faction%3Daccessories%26siteid%3D217823%26catalogid%3D205 Mainly I was going to get it since it went on sale with the 20% off coupon code "SUM13" I saw floating around in the other threads which brings it to $311.26 shipped. Anyone here with a 5th gen that has installed this STS and seen/felt enough of a change to justify this purchase? This is my first Subaru so I don't know if shifting is normally this clunky with the stock shifter. Hey Islandborn, it'd be great to meet up but currently my priorities are kid/wife and some where down the line is car in 3rd place. Once things settle down (hopefully soon) it'd be great to meet up with you guys. From the install instructions I've read it doesn't look horribly difficult. But with the lack of time I'd rather drop off my car at a shop than bring it to one of you guys and not be able to help out much.

no worries. I love the STS. I had it installed by the factory. Reason was so my hand would stop hitting the hazard button. :) Test drove both. Its also a tad better (so I've been told) on the "notchiness"....

Another option would be to call up TNA performance.... he's just a gear head who loves to work on subarus... he's like $30/hour or so.... its a simple install so he could do it with ya.

Thnx BrownBoy, I plan on being there. I look forward to meeting David Higgins!

Last year I stayed until both the rally cross cars were loaded into the semi and I have lots of photos.

I hope/wonder that Higgins' Rally America car will be on show!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4TmKodpqx8]Subaru Rally Team USA's David Higgins Breaks Mt. Washington Record on BFGoodrich Tires - YouTube[/ame]

I see the VIKING will be there for the first time......cool......looking forward to meeting him as well.

Here is his standing right now:

6 11 Sverre Isachsen Subaru PUMA Rallycross 65

And his team mate who will be at the meet again

10 81 Bucky Lasek Subaru PUMA Rallycross 35

• 3 weeks later...

TopOfTheMorningToYous at/in H-town and surrounds!

I'll be going to WestHoustonSubaru early tomorrow morning for an oil change, then to the meet at Gillman Southwest

PM me with your cell# as I would like to meet any of you who care to......

Archived