LegacyGT.com

New Gimmick Motorsports Exhaust!?!?!

integroid

It shipped from Florida, you would think if it was made in China it would ship from Cali? My Megan Racing CBE was made in China and shipped from there.

oh, i didn't know all made in china products came from California... :lol:

j/k of course.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GMS made a similar CBE and offered it over on RS25.com and got called out similar to what is happening here. I think they said the resonator for that system was in the tip. I resembled a eBay system right down to the flanges the only difference was the GMS branding on the tip. CX/GMS/X02 all the same

Dang, wish I had seen that too. Oh well, I paid a little more, and I didn't have to wait. :)

It shipped from Florida, you would think if it was made in China it would ship from Cali? My Megan Racing CBE was made in China and shipped from there.

ImportImage is in Florida, lol. If you ordered from Josh that is why it came from Florida.

I'm not pissed or anything. I am just trying to point out another mis-use of the Made in the USA tag. I wish it was made in the USA, then an American welder would get paid to do the work (or at least run the machine).

The pipe might be made of better metal, and justify the higher regular price. I don't know what "support" you need for a CBE, unless its the new Invidia quad tip, lol.

I just wish companies would be more honest about what they are selling.

At least ERZ has been very open about what their products are made from, what components are used, metal types, paint types, and origin of manufacture. I trust them far more than Gimmick, yeah what a gimmick, lol.

Is there any way I can get the tips centered in the cutouts? Or would I have to take it to a muffler shop?

the best way is to heat the bends in the Y-pipe if you have a torch available. I brought it to an exhaust place who heated the pipes and centered my xo2 kit for $40

Dang, wish I had seen that too. Oh well, I paid a little more, and I didn't have to wait. :)

It shipped from Florida because that's where all GMS products are stored before they ship, thanks for posting the pic/ link in my thread by the way. Are you using factory hangers?

It is made from 304 stainless, I was not aware it was claimed to be made in USA.

I've heard the X02/Ebay exhaust and I like the sound. Fitment can easily be tinkered with until you get the desired exhaust tip position. What I'm really waiting anxiously for is a sound/video clip of this GMS system since it doesn't have a resonator. Anyone plan to post a sound clip or vid anytime soon? Also, how loud would you rate the exhaust, just to fulfill my curiousity?

Is there any way I can get the tips centered in the cutouts? Or would I have to take it to a muffler shop?

look at the rubber muffler hangers, are they stretched? if you lifted up on the muffler a little to center it does it return to normal form? my CBE (not this one) was sitting in the cutouts improperly and I just bought these from rallitek: http://www.rallitek.com/raexhalamowr.html and it fixed the problem. they sit perfectly now.

the other, cheaper, option is to buy some band clamps and put them around the stock rubber ones that are stretched and tighten them until the muffler sits where you want it.

Has anyone seen or heard anything about this exhaust?

http://www.gimmickmotorsports.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=6

Sounds like it might be a winner. Made is the USA with a retail of $450. I asked Josh at importimage about it and he said he will have a ton of them on Wednesday and the retail is indeed $450 for the Legacy! I think I might have to get one of these and test it out!

First post. States "Made in the USA". I have heard this repeatedly and it was posted on the GMS website.

it's not made in USA, lets just move on.

Peter and Jim at the local muffler shop will not be able to even weld this exhaust together if they can it will cost 1000 dollars a exhaust.

Do you know how much those machine cost that can do Mandrel bent, They factory I deal with has two, they cost well over 100K a each and they have 300 worker.

The factory I deal with also make OEM exhaust for car we see on the road here in the USA

I know.

I have a buddy who fabs suspensions for AMA race bikes for a living. I know all about 4130 and DOM costs for rod, bending, tig welding, fixtures, etc. I even own a few jigs for A-arms and swing-arms.

Mandrel bending is outrageously expensive, agreed. I was just pointing out that it was advertised to be Made in America. I know that if it was it would cost exponentially more. My point was that it is wrong to falsely advertised. Thats all. I am sure that if the CBE is at least made of the stainless that they claim it is worth the money.

But it is funny to see a company releasing a "new" CBE that is just another copy of the cheapest CBE out there.

I know.

I have a buddy who fabs suspensions for AMA race bikes for a living. I know all about 4130 and DOM costs for rod, bending, tig welding, fixtures, etc. I even own a few jigs for A-arms and swing-arms.

Mandrel bending is outrageously expensive, agreed. I was just pointing out that it was advertised to be Made in America. I know that if it was it would cost exponentially more. My point was that it is wrong to falsely advertised. Thats all. I am sure that if the CBE is at least made of the stainless that they claim it is worth the money.

But it is funny to see a company releasing a "new" CBE that is just another copy of the cheapest CBE out there.

it could be that GMS found Xo2 or CX exhaust factory and place order. Since they already have the exhaust made why make a new style.

pics of my car here;

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127753&page=3

post #39. No hitting the heat shields for me, although I know plenty of members who have that issue.

My tips are both off center of the cutouts. They are both to the inside of the cutouts. That is the best I could get them aligned without bending a hanger or the piping.

Many members have to heat the bends at the y pipe (with a torch) and bend it slightly to align the tips.

for $380 ish even if you used the mufflers for a season or 2 and kept the mid/y (its 3" full right?) and get new mufflers that would still be a pretty good deal wouldn't it?

So is there or is there not a resonator in the GMS exhaust?

Archived