LegacyGT.com

New Gimmick Motorsports Exhaust!?!?!

integroid

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could take some while I install it, hopefully this weekend if weather is permitting. Though they aren't going to be final photos since I'm having a feeling the exhaust will need to be fitted better and I might need exhaust hangers.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

I bought the GMS CBE, assured that it was made from higher quality SS...rusting after 1 month :|

Apparently, it is exactly the same as the X02 exhaust. I should've saved my money.

Interesting comment from JohnnyGT'08 here - it sounds like the GMS is the same as the X02/CXLighting as far as the steel used.

No big surprise for many, but I'd say this pretty much confirms it.

So I just spent over 2 hours putting this in with a couple buddies... The left muffler did not align right with the ypipe? Has everyone been using the original bolts for the dp to mid pipe section?

So I just spent over 2 hours putting this in with a couple buddies... The left muffler did not align right with the ypipe? Has everyone been using the original bolts for the dp to mid pipe section?

I did not use the spring bolts.

If you are going 3" to 3" there is no point in using the spring bolts.

If you are using a 3" to 2.5" adapter the spring bolts are too short (need a clamp the hold the flanges together to get the nuts started). Then if you are not very careful and over-torque, it can bend a thin CBE flange.

howd you get yours aligned so perfectly?

:lol: I put it in solo, on jackstands and ramps in the STREET :lol:

I guess I got the entire thing in but with only the bolts partially threaded so I could shift the entire thing around with some elbow grease then I tightened the DP to straightpipe, then straight to Y, then Y to cans... That way I could align the flanges as I wanted.

To raise the Exhaust an inch or two, try putting a band-clamp around the post that the exhaust hanger is attached to to the post on the Y that sticks into the rubber hanger and raise the entire exhaust 1-2".

In the video/photos my exhaust has NOT been raised. This is an afterthought done weeks later.

if im not busy this weekend i might put one on my buddies 3.0R

only pics i have are here. i can upload more tomorrow

http://www.importimageracing.com/c/Subaru-Legacy-GT-catback-exhaust.html

Hey man did you ever put one on your buddies 3.0R, i have a 3.0R and i am looking for a new exhaust, i don't know if the LGT exhaust will just bolt right into place of the 3.0R.

he lost his job so it was put on hold :(

Okay but do you know if the LGT exhaust will just bolt on to the 3.0R, cause if it does i will just do it my self instead of taking it to a shop to have it done.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
the gimmick is non resonated? i thot it was same as cx lighting (resonated) im thinking of saving a boat load of money and getting another one soon and painting and coating it this time so it doesnt become a rust issue. MY CXL is getting "dirty" altho i could attempt to clean and paint/coat it..any suggestions? or coat my current muffler cans and have an exhaust shop run three inch piping from the dp to the cans. wonder howmuch thatdd cost

Archived