LegacyGT.com

New Gimmick Motorsports Exhaust!?!?!

integroid

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they are in fact using different (better) materials, it would explain the difference in cost. It wouldn't surprise me if they were made in the same factory in China.

But "BRANDED" in America.

Realistically there's no way they're using different materials.

If it has the same sh** fitment as the X02 then we will know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they are the same. :lol:

That's lame then.

Hey, this is pure speculation. I am simply looking at the photos of the Gimmick and comparing them to the X02 that is sitting on the floor of my bedroom. The Gimmick could be a great exhaust with perfect fitment, that sounds awesome, and never rusts.

We just won't know until someone buys one.

Hey, this is pure speculation. I am simply looking at the photos of the Gimmick and comparing them to the X02 that is sitting on the floor of my bedroom. The Gimmick could be a great exhaust with perfect fitment, that sounds awesome, and never rusts.

We just won't know until someone buys one.

I know. Looking at your pics though, I came to the same conclusion you did. I guess it's possible that Gimmick just copied X02's design, which would be fine too. Let's see how the Chinese like it when the shoe's on the other foot.

I know. Looking at your pics though, I came to the same conclusion you did. I guess it's possible that Gimmick just copied X02's design, which would be fine too. Let's see how the Chinese like it when the shoe's on the other foot.

Putting the shoe on the other foot would require making and selling it for less, no?

Good luck with that.

I see the Gimmick version doesn't have a resonator. It could very well NOT be a rebranded XO2 then.

Putting the shoe on the other foot would require making and selling it for less, no?

Good luck with that.

I see the Gimmick version doesn't have a resonator. It could very well NOT be a rebranded XO2 then.

Not necessarily. Just stealing a design is enough. R&D costs money too.

I think the XO2 didn't have a resonator before either.

In the past has subaru offered an exhaust from like spt that they install and will be under warranty? sorry new to the subaru family, pardon my ignorance.

I want to buy all these accessories I am seeing however would rather if it was done through the local dealership. HELP! LOL

Pics for comparison.

If it walks with a duck and it talks like a duck

and it jumps up and shits on your pickup truck

I'm sorry sir, your out'a luck

it's an X02 catback exhaust.

http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj457/erictankel/SDC10584.jpg

http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj457/erictankel/SDC10590.jpg

http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj457/erictankel/SDC10591.jpg

is this a picture of the X02 exhaust or ebay exhaust

X02 and CXLighting (ebay) are one in the same and now it seems we have another to add to the list. The Gimmick has cute branding on the tips though...could be worth an extra $150 to someone.

is this a picture of the X02 exhaust or ebay exhaust

I just need the mid and y pipe! how come avo's set up is 700 without cans? Its just piping! guys in my old grandprix club have been making full 3in catbacks for grandprixs, regals monte carlos for much cheaper.

I run perrin cans, what would be the best to replace the mid and Y? /

Can the crucial racing mid pipe mate to a turboxs shorty dp, to effectively work on an 05eat LGT

I just need the mid and y pipe! how come avo's set up is 700 without cans? Its just piping! guys in my old grandprix club have been making full 3in catbacks for grandprixs, regals monte carlos for much cheaper.

I run perrin cans, what would be the best to replace the mid and Y? /

Can the crucial racing mid pipe mate to a turboxs shorty dp, to effectively work on an 05eat LGT

A lot of members buy this for the mid and y and then sell the cans. It's a damn good deal.

It does have a resonator on the mid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dual-Catback-Exhaust-System-Subaru-Legacy-GT-05-06-07_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5634a12544QQitemZ370250163524QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I will have mine this week from Importimage and I will let you know if it is the same. I guess the magnet trick will tell the tale. I would gladly pay $100 difference if it is made of 304SS instead of the rustastic SS the ebay exhaust is made of.

E-Tank - before you get your panties in a wad...After Shipping, the ebay exhaust is $328.00. AJW, Josh, and other vendros are NOT going to charge you anywhere near $81 for shipping.

I will have mine this week from Importimage and I will let you know if it is the same. I guess the magnet trick will tell the tale. I would gladly pay $100 difference if it is made of 304SS instead of the rustastic SS the ebay exhaust is made of.

E-Tank - before you get your panties in a wad...After Shipping, the ebay exhaust is $328.00. AJW, Josh, and other vendros are NOT going to charge you anywhere near $81 for shipping.

:) I would have gladly paid an extra hundred bucks for 304ss and quality fitment. I have maintained from the beginning that I was only speculating. I have hope that it will be a quality product. I'm just waiting for proof. ;)

I actually think that the ebay exhaust is really pretty and sounds great. In fact, the only one that I think looks better is the SPT.

GL, and even if they are the same it's gonna be worth it to buy yours just for quality customer service. God knows, once ya buy something from CXLightning you're stuck with it...forever.

Archived