LegacyGT.com

When is the new 2010 LGT Spec B coming?

redstriker

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad that you're ok, there SLegacy...

But as to what Speedybrit was saying... that is likely the case.

Previous Legacys/Libertys were sold around the world with a Spec.B option package with engine and gearbox choices. turbo flat 4 or flat 6... manual or automatic gearbox.

They also got the Blitzen, the "Tuned by STI" model, and finally, the S402, as well as a few other custom paint and interior models.

In Japan, and possibly elsewhere, even the WRX STI comes with an automatic variant, albeit a niche version... the WRX STI Spec.A, which is basically a fully loaded, somewhat de-tuned, automatic gearbox version of the WRX STI.

The 2006-2009 US Spec Bs were manual only, and far less differentiated from the Legacy GT Limited, than the ROW market Spec.B. Now the Spec.B is no more, and the USDM 2010 Legacy GT has taken that philosophy to heart, and the whole GT trim line is limited to manual only, and less differentiated from other legacy models, and less equipped than ROW models, as usual.

Instead, US buyers who want an automatic transmission, which is about 90+ percent... get shuffled to a 3.6 H6, which has no manual option... or down to a 2.5i non-turbo, which most likely has a CVT transmission.

And we get to watch as inventory, and resultant sales figures for the GT trim line TANK, and might possibly give Subaru of America the stats to justify folding up that trim line, and leaving just the 2.5i and 3.6 models only.

If the GT goes away, it may also perhaps leave the resultant Legacy lineup without a manual gearbox option amongst the lot of them, save perhaps the most bare-bones no-option Legacy 2.5i price-point bait for their switch. But maybe not even that, if Subaru of America thinks it would be too expensive to manage to keep the shifting and clutch hardware on the manufacturing line. We know how they hate to complicate the factory line with configurable options or color choices... all that expense, you know.

• 2 weeks later...
i do not remember what thread i read this in, but someone had taken an online subaru survey and one of the question was would you be interested in a 300hp sport tuned legacy(or something to that manner), so there is hope

I took a similar survey after I purchased my WRX last year. I remember reading that and thinking I would have bought that over my WRX if they had it. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Where is the Legacy info at B4? :iam: I thought they were releasing the new exciting stuff for the Legacy at NY? Any ideea when they will release info on the updated 2011 model?
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

...about the spec. bilstein! Who cares? Why not ask for something we all really want...STi B4 Legacy...muhahahahaha!!!

bigger turbo

more hp/tq

4-pot/2-pot brakes

STi Style BBS wheels

HID lo beam and fogs

9" LCD Touch screen (back-up camera, navi, diagnostics, ect.)

Rear windshield wiper

Dual Quad Exhaust

Stiffer Suspension

STi interior - McIntosh Sound System, Recaro Seats, suede door panel, suede inserted steering wheel, shift knob

STi exterior - front bumper with lip, aggressive grill, aggressive hood scoop, rear window wind deflector, rear deck lip, side skirts, STi side mirrors, rear bumper with center diffuser

I would defintely buy that over the STi WRX,

CRAZY KEN....Okay.....I can wake up now - going back to work!

...about the spec. bilstein! Who cares?

Rear windshield wiper

I had never seen a rear wiper on a sedan till I saw the 2010 Legacy from overseas. I thought it was the ugliest thing ever.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

The Aussie GT and 3.6R are only offered in Premium with Bilstein shocks. It looks by the spec sheet to be identical to the Kiwi model in performance and equipment but doesn't get the SpecB label for some reason.

:iam:

...about the spec. bilstein! Who cares? Why not ask for something we all really want...STi B4 Legacy...muhahahahaha!!!

bigger turbo

more hp/tq

4-pot/2-pot brakes

STi Style BBS wheels

HID lo beam and fogs

9" LCD Touch screen (back-up camera, navi, diagnostics, ect.)

Rear windshield wiper

Dual Quad Exhaust

Stiffer Suspension

STi interior - McIntosh Sound System, Recaro Seats, suede door panel, suede inserted steering wheel, shift knob

STi exterior - front bumper with lip, aggressive grill, aggressive hood scoop, rear window wind deflector, rear deck lip, side skirts, STi side mirrors, rear bumper with center diffuser

I would defintely buy that over the STi WRX,

CRAZY KEN....Okay.....I can wake up now - going back to work!

Who wouldn't want such a car? The question is how many would be willing to pay for it? If a Impreza STi is close to 40k, then a Legacy STi would be looking more like 45-50k. That is luxury sport territory and I don't see large #'s of Americans ponying up that kind of cash over a BMW, Mercedes, Porsche or Audi. Sure we want it but are there enough of us and are we willing to pay for it? Just look at how we scour the ends of the universe for the cheapest price on parts and try to buy used parts for half their value or less. SOA probably doesn't see too many of us racing to our dealer with 50k in hand. Sadly, I don't think we're going to be offered the car we all want.

Archived