LegacyGT.com

When is the new 2010 LGT Spec B coming?

redstriker

Frankly, the new Legacy design just doesn't lend itself to a performance model. Unlike the previous gen, the car just isn't sleek or sporty looking at all. Might as well make a Spec B version of a Toyota Avalon or something!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God I would love to see a WRX STI sedan. I can't stand that hot hatch thing they have out now. My only choice if they dont come out with a L-STI or LGT-B is a STI sedan.

I love the Lines and the look of the 05-08 LGT and the only reason I want the Spec-B is for the tranny and what i can do to it. I may have to buy a older LGT (05-07) and just stab a STI Drive train in it.

I heard that, due to poular demand, SOA is bringing back the BL/BP chassis for the 2011 Spec B.

The article I read said that it would have 305bhp from the factory and come with HID headlights. A wagon version will also be available.

I will post a link to the article when I locate it again.

I heard that, due to poular demand, SOA is bringing back the BL/BP chassis for the 2011 Spec B.

The article I read said that it would have 305bhp from the factory and come with HID headlights. A wagon version will also be available.

I will post a link to the article when I locate it again.

Zomg. With auto down windows on all 4 doors, and a sunroof with one touch close too?

Frankly, the new Legacy design just doesn't lend itself to a performance model. Unlike the previous gen, the car just isn't sleek or sporty looking at all. Might as well make a Spec B version of a Toyota Avalon or something!

G*DD*MN chime in with something other than sleek, sporty, bug eyes, etc. PLEASE!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

whassa matter?

"YOU MAD"?

Some of us want sleek and sporty, and want Subaru drivetrain under it. Plenty of companies offer transverse inline drivetrains... so you can kind of have your pick... not so much with Subaru.

A really ugly Subaru ruins an option that isn't really available elsewhere. The closest would be to get an expensive used Porsche, or give up the boxer engine design, and get an Audi.

ok if the ugly argument is beat to death...how about no LSD, completely unsupportive seats, and a clunky, noisy, cable operated shifter?

VDC reacts quicker than the LSD. even the 08 WRX was able to track faster with than the previous gen with the same power. The zero LSD 09 WRX just blew the 3 diff STI away in C&D's lightening lap challenge.

Seats are too wide... but so are every Subaru seat... and unlike every other Subaru seat... these are actually comfortable to sit in for any amount of time.

The cable operated shifter is FAR quieter than the direct link shifter. you hear a lot less noise from operating it for sure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VDC reacts quicker than the LSD. even the 08 WRX was able to track faster with than the previous gen with the same power. The zero LSD 09 WRX just blew the 3 diff STI away in C&D's lightening lap challenge.

Seats are too wide... but so are every Subaru seat... and unlike every other Subaru seat... these are actually comfortable to sit in for any amount of time.

The cable operated shifter is FAR quieter than the direct link shifter. you hear a lot less noise from operating it for sure.

First of all, it's complete BS to compare stats from last year to this year for two separate trim levels. What were the conditions like both years? They could've been optimal this year and abysmal last. Who was driving both years...same guy?...some magazine editor with little racing experience? Magazine tests are decent for comparing the cars in the comparison that day.

The 2010 seats are very comfortable, for napping. I didn't take any hard corners but I'd imagine my butt and back wouldn't be too well planted. I have a La-Z-Boy at home. I don't want to pilot a car from one.

I guess the shifter noise can be drown out by the stereo. It is loud though, much louder than my 05. If I buy a car that wants to be a big cushy cruiser, then I want it quiet.

What would be the huge dif between the 10LGT and a 11Spec-Bizzle? Both have 6MT Im curious what would really be the dif performance and price?

The 6mt in the 10 LGT is not the same 6mt that was in the past Spec B. It is a weaker unit from the EDM Legacy diesel.

The same track and it wasn't raining... Drivers can obviously make a difference... but two days of best runs from an STI were not enough to best the 09 WRX. Considering where all of the vehicles landed from both years... there really aren't any surprises other than the WRX beating the STI.

I'm not too well planted in any Subaru seat including the 08 STI I own. And the shifter noise was definitely quieter in operation and less buzzy than the LGT, WRX, and STI I've owned. I was very capable of bombing the 2010 Legacy down my favorite backroads without ending up in the passenger seat.

On the topic of the 6MT. A better explanation would have been that it's the same unit as the one found in your Legacy GT but with another gear added onto it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rain or not, other conditions contribute to performance such as temperature, relative humidity, wind, etc.

Anyway, there were other changes made to the 09 WRX such as stiffer springs and sways. The 09 WRX has 43% stiffer springs and 20% stiffer sways.

CnD wasn't impressed with the 08 STi at all. None of their complaints stem from the differentials. From the 08 LL:

The only real disappointment in this roundup, though, was the Subaru Impreza WRX STI. The new STI has a sophisticated all-wheel-drive system delivering lots of driver selectability, plus the 305-hp thrust of its turbocharged flat-four engine, which should add up to performance that’s at least on par with that of previous members of the STI series.

But Subaru product planners wanted to broaden the STI’s appeal, making it more family friendly. So they made it hatchback-only (diminishing the structural rigidity found in a formal sedan) and softened the suspension.

The racetrack result is lifeboat body roll, mulish understeer, reluctant transient response, and vague steering feel. That is mitigated to some degree by outstanding braking performance, and of course, the cushy suspension payoff is creamy ride quality. Chalk those up on the family side of the ledger.

We already knew the 08 was a lot softer than before. We know what they were thinking on the 08s but it didn't work.

Chalking up the differences in drivetrains is a little presumptuous.

Archived