LegacyGT.com

When is the new 2010 LGT Spec B coming?

redstriker

this thread is titled about the spec.b. it's irksome when you go offtopic because you do it all the time. you'll do it on autoblog... go off on a rant about something vaguely related to the post to push your agenda...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:orly: Where did you find this nugget of gold about it departing? :lol: Everyone keeps saying this but no one backs it up....

The same source as "The B4" gets his info from... but don't tell anyone else because its a secret.

I've said that the new generation Legacy is going to shed the GT model, by my impression of Subaru's overtures, and as a supposition, not as a fact.

The fact that they aren't stocked is significant. As of 24 hours ago, Des Moines has 3 whole Legacys, none of which are GTs... pretty poor for a brand new car, when they have two dozen Foresters in every color lined up, and at least a dozen various imprezas, including WRXs and an STI in the showroom.

The fact that 9 out of 10 buyers buy automatics, and GT doesn't get an automatic option.

The fact that the GT does not get a different suspension or brakes than the base model

The fact that a lot of former features are now options, or absent completely, yet the price, when as similarly equipped as possible, has gone up.

I still suppose that Subaru entertained the GT to put forward the new EJ turbo layout, with the front low-mount turbo, (which did get them contention for engine of the year...) and to market it as "Sportier than the competition in it's segment*"

* = GT model indicated, compared to mid-line or base competitor cars, dealer stock may not reflect availability of GT model. Caveat ad infinitum.

And B4's constant parroting of "...but, has a 6-speed!" is a device to deflect criticism that the 2010 Legacy GT is not as well equipped as a 2009 Spec B... and the mere gear count is designed to mitigate the need for a better equipped turbo or H6 Legacy sport package. Heaven forbid Subaru actually offer ANY H6/6MT combination, let alone the better SpecB/STI gearbox... Let alone a manual on the Forester XT, or an H6 in the Forester, at all, when Toyota RAV-4 just beat it in a comparison test, with a V6 engine... The Forester actually lost a ranking position, from 3rd to 4th, due to the observed fuel economy of the XT/4AT.

Back on the Legacy front, once the novelty of the new model wears off, and the stats of low GT model sales are hard figures by SOA's own design, my guess is that SOA will claim a lackluster sales status by the statistics, and cancel the model, and probably move the new-layout engine over to the Impreza lineup's next update, and quite possibly already have used it in the FT-86 coupe project. Legacy will go to only H4 or H6, with no turbo. And will go back to being the wall-flower also-ran that the 2000-2004 USDM Legacy was. A solid car mechanically, but not a looker, nor a performer. That is the logical ends of a turn toward mainstream competitors.

They'll claim that they have the Impreza WRX sedan, and upcoming STI sedan as replacements for the BL Legacy GT and Spec B crowd... although the Impreza is not as good looking from the outside, nor as refined inside. Frankly, they should have minimally changed the looks of the BL Legacy sedan, maybe with a slightly shorter rear overhang and a 5-door sedan liftback hatch, and handed the BL revision directly to the Impreza lineup, if that is what they have always planned on doing. Maybe that would actually look as good or better than the Mazda 3, which puts Impreza's looks to shame, while Subaru still has the better drivetrain.

considering the vast majority of LGT's here are not spec b's... the 2010 minus the LSD are way better set up for performance driving than the previous generation.

This thread isn't the place to argue your other agendas... so irritating.

lol i just read the last sentence regarding the mazda3. That car is heinous. Saw a black speed3 in traffic. and couldn't stop staring at it because of how ugly it is.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OMG!!!!! That new Mazda has one of the most goofy grills I have ever seen ! I crack up everytime I see one. :)

(Reminds me of the alien in Men in Black when he pulls back the guys face into a huge grin ! )

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

considering the vast majority of LGT's here are not spec b's... the 2010 minus the LSD are way better set up for performance driving than the previous generation.

This thread isn't the place to argue your other agendas... so irritating.

lol i just read the last sentence regarding the mazda3. That car is heinous. Saw a black speed3 in traffic. and couldn't stop staring at it because of how ugly it is.

Hi, pot. I'm kettle. You are black. You call me on off-topic stuff? No less off topic than you, buddy.

What is irritating is that you were giving buying advice based on reasoning you wouldn't put forward.

If this thread were strictly limited to "on topic..." there would have been two posts. The original question, and the second post would be. "never.", and the thread would have been locked at that point.

About the Mazda 3 stuff... before the smiley grille, and even now, OTHER than the smiley grille, the Mazda 3 sedan looks MUCH better than the Impreza sedan.

The Impreza sedan looks so bland, a joker-face might actually not be that bad. At least there is a chance that someone will come out with an aftermarket body kit front bumper cover to fix the face issue.

I don't like either the Impreza, nor the 3 5-door bodystyles. They both look like Quasimodo-esque hunchbacks. I was talking about the sedans only.

The local mall in Des Moines has a Mazda 3 sedan in light blue, and an impreza 2.5i sedan in white, in the mall, from Ramsey Subaru/Mazda. They are parked right next to each other.

I asked my wife, who doesn't know cars, and doesn't want to know cars... (and we own both Subarus and a Mazda... and she LOVES her miata...) which she liked better, just based on looks.

after 2 seconds to take a look... Mazda hands down, based on looks alone, both sedan bodystyles.

The Mazda 3 sedan looks comparatively more like a BL Legacy than a GR Impreza sedan... again, aside from that crazy smiley grille.

I know this is going to sound a little far fetched, but i was at the subaru dealer the other day because my mom crashed her 08 WRX, but just bought a brand new '10 WRX :)...the dude there told me that hes gotten wind of a Spec C coming sometime soon. He said he doesnt know any details about it besides there shipping over 500 of them to the US just like the Spec B's.....anyone know anything??!!

Archived