LegacyGT.com

does anybody know anything about cxlighting CBE kits???

MDKSDMF

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I installed my cxlighting mid and y this weekend with the stock cans. Fitment is a little off and it rubs the heatshield in a couple spots. Only complaint is the cans sit low as pictured above. I will probably try the rallitek hangars as well. BTW, I painted my system flat black, including the stock cans. Love the look! Wish I wouldve taken pics tho.

phily ya gotta post pics of those painted cans! i wanna see. i wonder if the "buddah palm" technique will work with those bushings. sprank didnt u say the bushings was the hardest part of ur install experience? :lol:

phily ya gotta post pics of those painted cans! i wanna see. i wonder if the "buddah palm" technique will work with those bushings. sprank didnt u say the bushings was the hardest part of ur install experience? :lol:

Yes. The CX kit has a large end on the hanger. The OEM ones have more of a mushroom to help push through hangers. I had a hell of a time fighting the hangers. But, I also pulled them off the car and an exhaust before installing them, so I was worked and tired already, lol.

Use a little soap, and "wiggle" them side to side while palming. That works best. Screwdrivers will NOT help. You will never pry the opening any bigger, it just takes patience and pressure.

Crossposting for exposure - if I had known about this, I would have ordered here:

Best price on GMS branded exhaust is in their own GB on nasioc...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1910255

$299 shipped - that's better than cxlighting's price. Catch is they need 10+ people. And there aren't many legacy peeps on nasioc. I would have bought through them if I had known about this deal before...

Yes. The CX kit has a large end on the hanger. The OEM ones have more of a mushroom to help push through hangers. I had a hell of a time fighting the hangers. But, I also pulled them off the car and an exhaust before installing them, so I was worked and tired already, lol.

Use a little soap, and "wiggle" them side to side while palming. That works best. Screwdrivers will NOT help. You will never pry the opening any bigger, it just takes patience and pressure.

i cant wait! lol

me 2 im very curious to what they are going to look like with the poly, i was just going to take it to my exhaust shop and have them bend the hangers like they did for my TL-S but if the rallitek's make them sit right ill just go that route

Just ordered one from eBay for 310 shipped from CXlighting.

Can't wait to install it http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i274/strizzy123/emoticons/2thumbup.gif

How'd you score a deal on shipping? Usually works out to $329.95...

Here are some pics of mine. I am much happier than the OP.

Sorry the car is dirty (I guess my wife is a dirty girl, lol). But, it just came back from the desert (new years) and it looks like rain, so no wash today.

You can see the slight misalignment of the tips in the cutouts, but the are the same on each side. I tried to show the length of the tips in comparison to the bumper too.

I think it is great for the money, and the pics don't lie about fitment.

-Mike

looks nice.

i might blow some of those things out.

If any one gets new exhaust hangers let me no how they work for you. I just installed my xo2 cbe today and the cans seem to sag a bit more then i would like, i would def love to snug them up alittle. :cool:

what about the hose clamp method? get some hose clamps and wrap them around the stock rubber hangers. tighten them up and viola!! siffness of the poly bushings without the extra money!! maybe 6 bucks.

correct me if i am wrong, but i think you only need them for the muffler hangers. but you might as well get them for all the hangers! thought i heard of someone doing that. GL :)

The poly hangers are only $5 each. I replaced all 5 for $25. I always replace all of them. Its not just about the height. The poly hangers stop the exhaust system from swinging around under hard cornering. Ever drive behind someone and actually watch the exhaust? It moves a LOT. With the poly hangers it barely moves at all.

Install went really quick, about 30 minutes or so, and all went together nicely. I left all the bolts loose to tweak fitment as best as possible. I had everything looking absolutely perfect and was trying to figure out how people have been having fitments issues... Then I tightened everything up and now realized the issues with the fitment.

I love the sound and already put about 100 miles on the exhaust. I will be taking it to an exhaust shop I go to quite a bit (in Joliet) and see what they can do about the fitment.

After about 500 or so miles, I will take a few video/sound clips of how it sounds. And since it's dark, no pictures yet. Hopefully tomorrow though.

My current stage2 setup also includes a catted Invidia dp, dyno tune by Matt from Benchmark Tuning (previously 555Motorsports), Cobb SF intake and GFB 50/50 BFV. No pops or any weird noises from my exhaust. Just a very clean deep sound.

Archived