LegacyGT.com

does anybody know anything about cxlighting CBE kits???

MDKSDMF

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Install went really quick, about 30 minutes or so, and all went together nicely. I left all the bolts loose to tweak fitment as best as possible. I had everything looking absolutely perfect and was trying to figure out how people have been having fitments issues... Then I tightened everything up and now realized the issues with the fitment.

I love the sound and already put about 100 miles on the exhaust. I will be taking it to an exhaust shop I go to quite a bit (in Joliet) and see what they can do about the fitment.

After about 500 or so miles, I will take a few video/sound clips of how it sounds. And since it's dark, no pictures yet. Hopefully tomorrow though.

I'd be interested to know if the sound changes over the 500 miles. My magnaflows (that I'll be replacing with the cxlighting cbe) definitely got a bit louder as they 'broke in'. Not in a bad way at all but they did get louder...

ya i noticed that after i got my tune that my car ran smoother and my exhaust note was a lot different. i found out that when i bought my car somebody had a map that was not stock still on my stock LGT. as of sunday since the re-tune the exhaust note is nice and rumbly but still not too loud. ive probably put 500 miles since install. and i believe that the CXL exhaust note changes after a break in period. Its not as loud as i want but its not quiet either. i was playing with an rx8 last night and as soon as i downshifted they turned their heads :) i need an erz downpipe like yesterday for more sound and POWA!!!! im soo addicted :lol:

Well, i got about 400 miles on my exhaust since I installed it last night and decided to take a few clips of the sound.

It was snowing, which made it slightly difficult to get a decent exhaust note of a hard launch, so this is what you get...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fmSsu-Vhkc]YouTube- 08 Legacy spec.B x02 (cxlighting) exhaust sound[/ame]

And here is an in-cabin sound clip.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXB8JmTw6WU]YouTube- 08 Legacy spec.B x02 (cxlighting) cabin exhaust sound[/ame]

EDIT: I have one more video being uploaded, but wont be able to post it until I get back from class.

thought so, how do you like them?

They weren't my first choice for a set of tires, but I was desperate to get something to replace my stock ice skates when the snow came this season, and that is what Discount Tire had in stock (and on sale too). I'm actually quite impressed with them, even in the heavy snow we've had. It's been too cold to really test out the dry grip, but so far they are doing very well.

I'm almost positive it will be resonated. There are a bunch of members on here whom have all received resonated mid pipes. For some reason the ad shows a straight pipe but that is not the case. In the event urs comes straight through just weld in a magnaflow resonator.

Yup, as expected, it came resonated. :D Just picked it up tonight.

They really should get their communication straight - they told me no resonator so I was just going on what folks said here... glad it has the resonator as I've had my exhaust without and it sound cool for awhile, but it can get to you. Or at least to those stuck in the back seat :lol:

How many miles do you have on the exhaust so far? After about 700-800 miles, I noticed a bit of a volume increase in the exhaust tone. I'd say give it some time to break in, then if you still want more sound, look into a catless downpipe, then a stage 2 tune.

I'm actually considering going catless.

where did you find the cbe so cheap im looking for one and an uppipe thank you for the information

yeah its on ebay...mine was sold by CX lighting formerly known as X02.

i have at least a 1000 miles on my cbe w/ stock DP. im saving for my erz downpipe and STi upipe and and hopefully that will give me the tone and the performance im looking for once i get that installed with a tune.

Archived