LegacyGT.com

does anybody know anything about cxlighting CBE kits???

MDKSDMF

^ We all do, and with the holidays we are all in a pinch. I bought my CBE from CXlighting and it has the resonator. The M2 EL headers are a deal, and the uppipe is too. For about $400 you can have an uppipe, headers, and CBE all from eBay. Get an ERZ catted DP for $330 and for under $1000 you have a nice stage 2 set up (enough money left for a cable and opensource tune, lol). I started trying out these products just for the purpose of reporting on the possibilities of eBay/cheap modding.

Good Luck!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The car in the vid is catless and very rich. My car actually runs good (properly tuned), lol. So, no it does not sound like that. No spitting, or popping, no unburnt fuel and smoke either. The XO2 is no match for that (unless you Hawgzaust it). But is comparable to many exhausts out there today.

Well, he is still rich. I don't have the popping. But, thats the general tone. Take out the pops and farts so it is just the rumble and thats mine. Has that tone, just smoother.

do the ELheaders reduce the beloved "rumble"? i read that the unequal length is key to our exhaust tone. and should i expect to encounter any CEL's after putting on just the CBE from cxlighting? im aware that after an up/down pipe and or a header i will trip lights without a tune. sorry for the noobish questions but i am new to my LGT in terms of modding it out. ive had her for a year but never had the time or money to tinker. hell i havent even seen my car from underneath yet other than when i looked it over b4 i bought it :(

you wont have any CEL's from the CBE or the DP (if it has a cat) but the catless uppipe will have you throw a CEL

im going to buy this, this week hopefully.. i really hope it sounds good with my stock DP since the ERZ wont go on til summer... probably going to get the 2.5"to 3" adapter from fredbeans as well

No CEL's from a CBE. DP will give CEL even with a cat. You will throw Cat efficiency code. Must get a tune with the DP.

Depending on model year uppipe can cause code. EGT sensor is the cause here. No EGT sensor on cars with catless OEM uppipe. You can use a resistor or get an uppipe with the bung installed, or get a tune. No tune necessarily needed for an uppipe, but if you are replacing a catted up with a catless up I would recommend. I would also recommend doing the uppipe and downpipe together and getting a stage 2 tune.

Headers do not technically require a tune. But you should get one. They play havoc with the ECU trying to maintain boost with the new exhaust pulse. The ECU can make the changes, but it is pushed to the max to do it. Just safer to get a tune.

EL headers change the note quite a bit. The note is now smooth instead of choppy. Not like a Honda, like a Boxster. Listen to a Porsche Boxster, that's what your car will sound like (except with your exhaust).

what years did they start making the OEM catless LGT up pipes. so its safe to say that after i install my CBE i should probably wait and get the down, up pipe and tune (accessport etc) together?

I believe it was 2007 when the OEM uppipe lost the cat.

Install the CBE and enjoy the sound. Realize that with the DP the note will get louder and deeper.

Once you get the DP and uppipe install them with a tune. I prefer opensource over the AP, but its your choice.

Here are some pics of mine. I am much happier than the OP.

Sorry the car is dirty (I guess my wife is a dirty girl, lol). But, it just came back from the desert (new years) and it looks like rain, so no wash today.

You can see the slight misalignment of the tips in the cutouts, but the are the same on each side. I tried to show the length of the tips in comparison to the bumper too.

I think it is great for the money, and the pics don't lie about fitment.

-Mike

1630125403_airbox001.thumb.jpg.6afa169bbfeb361eaa7871098f66c6ce.jpg

1723220486_airbox002.thumb.jpg.4667db98b48844a193b0f44d001cb48f.jpg

1285661244_airbox003.thumb.jpg.2b52fd15d8131a179bb1b8e7b9343439.jpg

1134943020_airbox004.thumb.jpg.11fa688bacf375c4afe2b954737ff532.jpg

1616219737_airbox005.thumb.jpg.16bb0678c5361c3ba131cccb3a85fcb2.jpg

1360424530_airbox006.thumb.jpg.9f0aab853a3e860589c8b81396ca93ba.jpg

1715998639_airbox007.thumb.jpg.d426612cbae23b3b3429731fadd951ed.jpg

Looks like cxlighting is sold out right now...

I just had to do another repair on the aluminized mild steel Y-pipe mated up to my Magnaflow mufflers today. I need to go to a stainless exhaust for the salt/corrosion I have in Ottawa. This exhaust looks like it is the best bang for the buck.

Fot the $250 plus $80 shipping this is a DEAL. It is definitely an X02. It even shipped from the same town X02 is in. With the shipping it was still cheaper than anywhere else. Worth every penny! Will probably rust on the East Coast, but not on the West Coast.

Actually, looks like the $80 is the normal rate. I searched and found a number of posts that refer to $330 shipped so I think I'm just going to go ahead and order one.

Hopefully, I get a resonated midpipe. :)

got mine on today. Pics soon when I get home to my macbook. The flange where the Y pipe meets the mid rubs the tunnel a little bit (anybody get that?) I also need to go back and check my stock downpipe connection to the cbe. Not sure if I installed correct. I ripped off donut and just used supplied gasket and bolts and we threaded it in. I'm assuming I might need to use a 2.5 - 3 inch adapter....any thots. Please don't berrate me for my methods LOL I just like to DIY when I can. No leaks tho :) and she definitely sounds like a proper subie

Ordered mine this morning... hoping it comes resonated too :)

I'm almost positive it will be resonated. There are a bunch of members on here whom have all received resonated mid pipes. For some reason the ad shows a straight pipe but that is not the case. In the event urs comes straight through just weld in a magnaflow resonator.

Archived