LegacyGT.com

does anybody know anything about cxlighting CBE kits???

MDKSDMF

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

check this out....i kinda did my own thing LOL intitially i and my friend threaded the factory downpipe holes so i was able to screw 2 bolts from the mid flange straight thru the downpipe flange. using a brand new OEM donut gasket from FBP it is now sealed. im going to my buddys shop with a lift sat to use an air ratchet to suck the top in a little more. its not perfect as it sits right now but it is sealed and the system sounds good but NOT TOO LOUD. keep in mind i did away with the spring bolts and i have a brand new set of em sitting in my apt LOL

picture time!

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq153/mdksdmf/Subaru%20legacy%20GT/CIMG0001.jpg

ok i will definately "inch it" i dont wanna crush the donut or get flanges flush. i'd just like a lil more symmetry lol. i think were also gonna try heating and bending the Y's to get the mufflers positioned better on sat..thanks for all the info on this CBE sprank. it is defiantely worth every penny just like u said. i think this thread is gonna help alot of people interested in purchasing this CBE :lol:

i have to admit...if ERZ comes out with a similarly priced cbe within the next month or two i will b jealous lol. but ill prob be stage 2 and loving it anyway so who cares. do u recommend anything i can do to get my tips higher and more centered without heating the Y's? im thinking about using muffler clamps and sucking the can up by the hangers on the car and mufflas...u follow?

switch to kartboy or similar poly exhaust hangers... Start with the frontmost two and add the rear two if you need to. they don't sag nearly as much and really tighten things up. I'd try that before heating anything. they make a difference.

switch to kartboy or similar poly exhaust hangers... Start with the frontmost two and add the rear two if you need to. they don't sag nearly as much and really tighten things up. I'd try that before heating anything. they make a difference.

im assuming ur running the X02 cbe? pics of urs as they sit now? ive considered the bushings as well. prob smarter using the poly bushings. being that if i use clamps the exhaust may me too rigid and crack under flex..doesnt rallitek sell the poly exhaust bushings?

I have full poly bushings on my SpecB. Yes they are a friggin pain to get on-worse to get off.

I think Rallitek has theirs on sale for like $5 each right now. Grab a few and give it a whirl. It REALLY tightens things up. So much so, that one of my tips on the SPT burnt the cutout. The CX kit sits lower so it should work great.

im assuming ur running the X02 cbe? pics of urs as they sit now? ive considered the bushings as well. prob smarter using the poly bushings. being that if i use clamps the exhaust may me too rigid and crack under flex..doesnt rallitek sell the poly exhaust bushings?

I've got a custom setup on my 2.5i currently using magnaflow 14827 cans. I recently put some kartboy hangers on and it raised the exhaust a couple cms.

(I just ordered the CXlighting CBE that will replace my current exhaust.)

i skipped the bushings and attacked the pipes with a torch and bent them with a friend. the end result was pretty good ill post pics soon. the system still seems to hang a little lower than id like but isnt too low that it hits stuff.

Definitely try the bushings. They're inexpensive and really help tighten up the exhaust. They don't exhibit the stretch/sag that the rubber ones do.

Watching our cars launch at auto-x events, I was really surprised at how much the exhaust moves around with the stock rubber bushings.

The poly bushings are much stiffer and will really keep everything from moving around too much.

Definitely try the bushings. They're inexpensive and really help tighten up the exhaust. They don't exhibit the stretch/sag that the rubber ones do.

Watching our cars launch at auto-x events, I was really surprised at how much the exhaust moves around with the stock rubber bushings.

The poly bushings are much stiffer and will really keep everything from moving around too much.

Thanks for the input thats good to no i may give a set of these a shot. Arround how much do they run and where can i get a set?

Re-post;

I think Rallitek has theirs on sale for like $5 each right now. Grab a few and give it a whirl. It REALLY tightens things up. So much so, that one of my tips on the SPT burnt the cutout. The CX kit sits lower so it should work great.

Archived