LegacyGT.com

GI: Anyone want a FMIC for your '10 LGT?

Thanks Bryan, back to a serious question. I've driven turbo cars for the past 15 years, and am planning on soon going to an naturally aspirated. What is the technical reason why intercoolers are not used on naturally aspirated? I can only imagine that cooler intake air would boost performance on any type of engine. Is it becasue a turbo is needed to actively pump the air, and that without a turbo an intercooler would be less efficient than not having one, perhaps due to added air flow restrictions? Do supercharged cars use intercoolers?

You don't even have a '10 LGT? Anyway. The air gets hot when goes thur the turbo and gets compressed. The intercooler brings the temps down before it goes into the engine. Same with superchargers.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dude I live in carson.. and I have 2010 LGT lol.

where in carson are you?

My wrx is running FMIC

I'm born a raised in Carson. I grew up off of Del Amo and Leapwood and I now live off of Del Amo and Sante Fe. I have 3 different intercooler sitting at my house ready to go. You can come by and see the kit I just made and I can start a mock up of a FMIC on your 2010 LGT. It's always good to meet another Subaru owner. You maybe the first '10 with a FMIC and I will cut you a killer deal if I produce it. I will even have my tuner(infamous1= Shamar http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103997 ) come by and see about tuning your car. Let me know, Bryan

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

What about an exhaust? That would be nice too...

Interesting, never seen your car around. Or probably I did... I'm more towards east of carson. Pass the 405 fwy. Just before wilmington. Not hard to miss me, since I'm the only OBP wrx in the area with s202 wing and FMIC. And also probably the only White 2010 LGT at this time.

I don't mind coming to check out how the build looks like.

What about an exhaust? That would be nice too...

Interesting, never seen your car around. Or probably I did... I'm more towards east of carson. Pass the 405 fwy. Just before wilmington. Not hard to miss me, since I'm the only OBP wrx in the area with s202 wing and FMIC. And also probably the only White 2010 LGT at this time.

I don't mind coming to check out how the build looks like.

Let me know. I'm right down the street for you. Less then 5 minutes.

i sure hope so... how the hell does he have a 265hp WRX and not know any of this stuff...

I was just going to say this...how can you have a 2002 WRX with 265 bhp and have driven for 15 years turbo cars an NOT know this. I guess that explains it all.

bryan...quick answer yes, but i dont have the new body style yet.

You are ready to get rid of your A3 so soon?

itsme, this should be a fun project... excited to see what you do.

The hot pipe will be very short, and the BPV style and location should make things easier as well. Its interesting, the BPV is on the hot pipe now.. and it dumps immediately into the intake tube. You could get away with putting a hose "nipple" on the hot pipe and using a standard 90 degree BPV like a Forge. Then just use some 1" or 1.25" heater hose as a recirc hose that goes between the BPV and intake. The cold pipe will be close to current designs. The 2010 is setup perfectly for a FMIC.

While you are at it, I would design a replacement hot pipe for the stock TMIC. Might as well. People would buy it... since the stock hot pipe is so long and plastic....

http://car.watch.impress.co.jp/img/car/docs/169/591/lg67.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
A FMIC is not going to be easy on '10. I took off the bumper skin and they don't have much room. I helped Brian install HIDs in is car and I got a look.

top boost is around ~10 pounds at 4th gear.

:eek: That jogged my memory on the dyno test EFI did back in October: http://newenglandsubarus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8064

On the bright side, the 2010 LGT mayto have room to grow. Since the intercooler is 25% larger than the 09 LGT it seem as if increasing boost across a wide RPM range can be achieved. Any rumors of a Cobb stage 1?

• 2 years later...
So, far it seem like the TMIC I made is meeting the need for '10 LGTs. One of our members ran 12.5 in the 1/4 mi with my TMIC. TMIC are in stock and are $600 shipped. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/racerx-tmic-unlocks-power-fastest-12-5-sec-1-4mi-189657.html

Archived