LegacyGT.com

GI: Anyone want a FMIC for your '10 LGT?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just waiting on some funding to get this, a new clutch and a protune...

Sadly, thats gonna take a while :"(

I'm waiting for my wife to turn her back so I'm definitely in, but only when the time is right.

I'm waiting for my wife to turn her back so I'm definitely in, but only when the time is right.

:lol:

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

You don't have to wait for that. Just tell her one Saturday morning that you are heading out to the garage to clean out your intercooler. Unbolt the old, bolt in the new. Just keep one of them in trunk at all times. Place the new/old one in an inconspicuous box, and she will never know, haha.:rolleyes:

What I use - showing how you are replacing a faulty design that has problems (show evidence of the ends popping off) with an updated one....use language she understands by comparing it to updating an app! You are thinking wise and being proactive - chicks dig that stuff!

Just waiting on some funding to get this, a new clutch and a protune...

Sadly, thats gonna take a while :"(

Looks like we are in the same boat, not enough *fun* money and time. I still have a few mods sitting on the bench as well. Hopefully I can do all of this including TMIC and tune before December. :spin:

Looks like we are in the same boat, not enough *fun* money and time. I still have a few mods sitting on the bench as well. Hopefully I can do all of this including TMIC and tune before December. :spin:

Once you get the tune afterwards you'll booth REALLY enjoy new found glory of torque our 5thgens can get with this. I love my car with this addition.

Yup, I already grabbed a turboback from 01legacygt, but right now its sitting in the basement since I know I will need a new clutch if I install it....

Not to mention theres no OTS map for me since I have a 2012 lol, might as well wait till I get a TMIC and a new clutch before going to get a protune down at Innovative.

Yup, I already grabbed a turboback from 01legacygt, but right now its sitting in the basement since I know I will need a new clutch if I install it....

Not to mention theres no OTS map for me since I have a 2012 lol, might as well wait till I get a TMIC and a new clutch before going to get a protune down at Innovative.

Uh... Cobb AP has a few maps (only stage 1)... for the stock car - you can run a CBE with it. And I would not be surprised if you had the RacerX TMIC that it would matter on their Stage 1. This is the way I ran for a couple months until I could make it protuned. Im still running stock clutch with my #s (see avatar) So go get the AP, put on your cbe and enjoy Stage 1 for a bit...save a bit of money then get the TMIC and get protuned. You need really nothing else.

Uh... Cobb AP has a few maps (only stage 1)... for the stock car - you can run a CBE with it. And I would not be surprised if you had the RacerX TMIC that it would matter on their Stage 1. This is the way I ran for a couple months until I could make it protuned. Im still running stock clutch with my #s (see avatar) So go get the AP, put on your cbe and enjoy Stage 1 for a bit...save a bit of money then get the TMIC and get protuned. You need really nothing else.

Whoops, I meant I dont have Stage II OTS...

I have the full TBE lol I would save money on labor if I get it done all in one shot, cant do Stage I with a downpipe...

From what I understand, you are making that power without an aftermarket downpipe? I doubt the stock clutch would hold with a TBE/TMIC and a protune (Which is my mod path).

I sell APs but, can't you save that money and get an open source tune?

Already have the AP, sadly no open source for N/A Legacy's... =/

Delta, there are tuners that can custom make a stage II base map and email it to you. just uploaded it to the AP, then flash and booya, you're jammin! Just make sure to log 3rd gear pulls WOT and email them back and they can make adjustments needed until the car is happy..

Delta, there are tuners that can custom make a stage II base map and email it to you. just uploaded it to the AP, then flash and booya, you're jammin! Just make sure to log 3rd gear pulls WOT and email them back and they can make adjustments needed until the car is happy..

Yeah I know I can go for an e-tune, but I would rather wait it out till I get all the pieces together for a full protune with the TMIC.... I shall enjoy the modding path slowly so I won't get bored fast LOL.

From what I understand, you are making that power without an aftermarket downpipe? I doubt the stock clutch would hold with a TBE/TMIC and a protune (Which is my mod path).

I don't know about that (could be wrong :confused:)... our DPs are not that restrictive to handle what the stock fuel system, and turbo can produce.... I'm sure you can pull a bit more power - but my thinking is at that point where your clutch is maxed out, your turbo's life and daily driver would be in jeopardy too - but of course how aggressive your tune is and for what risks is always the big decision one makes. :) Ain't this fun though? feels like Star Trek - going where no man has gone before!

Yeah I know I can go for an e-tune, but I would rather wait it out till I get all the pieces together for a full protune with the TMIC.... I shall enjoy the modding path slowly so I won't get bored fast LOL.

I hear ya Delta, that makes sense. I'm also going to eventually get Bryan's TMIC too, but I just bought a bunch of other things like coils, exhaust (thanks to Railkill) and a new grill. as soon as the wife calms down about these purchases, it's definitely on!

You don't really need to change your clutch unless it's slipping, its good to have the funds just in case but unless you launch your car a lot I wouldn't worry about it.

You would be fine with Cobb's S1 shelf tune and the catback. Utimately it's your choice though.

• 2 weeks later...
I think i'm grabbing this. it's going to be my Christmas present from the wife! I'm just looking for a bit more power up top and I hope this will do it. I'm staying stage 1 though b/c my custom tune is aggressive enough for now..

I think i'm grabbing this. it's going to be my Christmas present from the wife! I'm just looking for a bit more power up top and I hope this will do it. I'm staying stage 1 though b/c my custom tune is aggressive enough for now..

ok, I have a few still in stock. So, let me know. Bryan

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived