LegacyGT.com

Weekly or Bi weekly meets in Rockville/Gaithersburg

LegacyGTBiggie

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dinner was nice. We ended up a Guapo's thinking the wait would be shorter. Joe's said 1.5 hour wait time.

I left the house and arrived on the parking deck around 8:15pm. Chatted it up with CrazyKen & LegacyGTbiggie. Some additional folks, friends and family, arrived. We headed down and put the name down for a table. Some of the ladies walked around after waiting at Joe's for 45 minutes and checked out some of the other places and Guapo's original said the could seat us as soon as we walked over. That ended up not being the case...as it was another 40 minutes (plus). Partly failure on the restaurant, partly that a few people wouldn't get up from their table so the restaurant could put the tables together for the 10 or 12 of us.

The wait was tempered by good conversation that ranged from car tech, to car stories, new products, etc. as well as non-car talk. It really was a good time. When finally got seated we did accept the managers apology but said we desired "priority in the kitchen" since we waited so long. They made due on that (food came rather quick) and we got a few free appetizers to boot. The food was excellent.

We returned to our cars around 11:30pm (luckily no one was on a curfew...LOL). Departed full, fueled and ready to our various homes.

Thanks guys and ladies for the meet and conversation. I look forward to hopefully making it a more regular thing, although I suspect it won't be a RIO area restaurants after seeing that tweenies mob.

Edited by TheWeatherWarrior

Sometime in the future, have to go to Beale's (sp?) Grill (off Shady Grove road in Gaithersburg/Travilah area) on Saturday....they were playing some nice blue's music there starting around 8pm. It's a small joint, but not that crowded. Sure we could call ahead and set something up with the owners.

So lets say July 2nd! 8pm.

Im open to ideas. But want to make sure I make this as easy as possible for people to get to!

After last weeks debocle at RIO... I dont think we will be returning there. just way way TOO busy to be condusive to a larger party of people.

David if you want things out in your area. throw out some ideas. ANd I want to hear from some of the other members about if they are willing to go to say burtonsville/columbia.

I am all for Cheeburger Cheeburger in Burtonsville.

I'm all for Cheeburger Cheeburger too. Just had some this past weekend. Thats also like 5 min from my house. haha. And that center is never that busy anymore so there will be plenty of parking for us.