LegacyGT.com

Audi S5

That was KartRacerBoy :lol: You should see how he drives :eek:

I never had an Audi with a transmission problem, but I had ones with plenty of other problems. VW's as well.

It must be really boring since no 2005+ cars ever come into the shop needing work, you m ight want to look into working for a much less reliable car line, like Toyota :lol:

Holy god for the millionth time Audi's do have problems. In fact Q7s are probably the biggest pieces of junk ever made. I am just saying pretty much any other car out there is just about as bad including the touched by the hand of god 335/135/M3.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously, the poor reliability of ALL European brands is inexcuseable. The number of problems that I had with my VW in 60k miles were ridiculous and were not because of it's complexity, because ALL cars have the same parts that failed on my car. I was one of the LUCKY ones instead of the hundreds that had failed transmissions, sludged engines, or broken timing belts that destroyed the valves.

Holy god for the millionth time Audi's do have problems. In fact Q7s are probably the biggest pieces of junk ever made. I am just saying pretty much any other car out there is just about as bad including the touched by the hand of god 335/135/M3.

So you are saying that they are unreliable :eek: that's what I've read :lol:

Why are the Audi folks so defensive about BMWs and why is anybody in this thread even discussing a BMW?

I'm not sure what's left to be said in this twisted, mangled thread..

OP,

The Audi S5 is a great car, but like anything with that much technology and gadgetry, it is bound to run into a few snags. However, don't listen to people talking about their great loaner experience and whatnot -- that's up to the dealer and you should check out how good your local Audi dealership is.

I can't help but feel that buying an S5 for the long haul is a bad move -- my buddy had some radio issues with his A5 after only one month. But do your research on the Audi forums.. you'll see that they have a few problems already. If you're willing to deal with that, go out and get yourself a car that's much much better than our Legacys.

problem with leaseing is all the fine print. you have to keep the mileage down otherwise theyll hit ya for that and after paying X amount every month for how ever many years at the end of it you have nothing to show for it. i guess for my needs, leasing isnt a good option but maybe you dont drive as much as i have to. only nice thing about leasing is if you have car ADD than you can change up every couple of years, play the field alil

12k a year, i usually average about 25k ... leasing not in my future lol

Yep 20-25k a year for me and i have stopped cruising just for the hell of cruising, 3 summers ago i put 14k on my 2000 T/A, 8k on my supra and another 7k on my year round DD from late march/early april too october. So basically 30kmiles in 7 months

basically :lol:

I know a guy who as a 2008 A8L and he gets the royal treatment.

They actually set aside a loaner car for people who spend 50k or more on an Audi.

You get what you pay for!

Do they have a loaner set aside because they know that their cars have reliability issues?

uh...visit and audi dealer and report back...im sure you will be surprised .

;)

not lookin at the S5 brotha, just the A5. an A6 with msrp of $50k goes for $569/mo in Colorado. im thinkin with no money down a 2010 A5 2.0t quattro with an msrp of less than $40K including some options goes for around $600/mo. not as much as you think, then again im out here. not really any markups on audis :lol:

not lookin at the S5 brotha, just the A5. an A6 with msrp of $50k goes for $569/mo in Colorado. im thinkin with no money down a 2010 A5 2.0t quattro with an msrp of less than $40K including some options goes for around $600/mo. not as much as you think, then again im out here. not really any markups on audis :lol:

just because the A6 has good lease deals doesnt mean an a5 will, hell at $600 a monthi would have an a5 in the garage right now....

right before we bought the wife the g37s, she drove the a5 sline, 6 speed, navi, pretty much the works, minus the s5 v8, dealers asking price 41.9, leased that thing would have ran a little bit under $1100 a month. :eek: for tier 1 plus credit! and 3g's down :eek:, and girl girl politely admitted that audi hasnt made the a5/s5 really leasable... the lease payments were $50 less than buying the car! so regardless to say, we started shopping for other vechicles for the wifey, and ended up in the g37s

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

just because the A6 has good lease deals doesnt mean an a5 will, hell at $600 a monthi would have an a5 in the garage right now....

right before we bought the wife the g37s, she drove the a5 sline, 6 speed, navi, pretty much the works, minus the s5 v8, dealers asking price 41.9, leased that thing would have ran a little bit under $1100 a month. :eek: for tier 1 plus credit! and 3g's down :eek:, and girl girl politely admitted that audi hasnt made the a5/s5 really leasable... the lease payments were $50 less than buying the car! so regardless to say, we started shopping for other vechicles for the wifey, and ended up in the g37s

the midlevel 2010 2.0t a5 is the same price as a 2010 G35x. msrp about $39k. youre experience wont be the same as everyone else, especially in a different state. but hey, we're lookin at cars around november, so we'll see whats goin on then :)

Archived